Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 8:58 PM
((ooc: sorry i havent replied in so long! had a out of the blue trip to take but i'm offically back lol.))
"I think so. I'm not camping here myself, but from my experience, camping this close to the main area usually costs a pretty penny." was the last thing she needed to hear.

"sh*t..."

The first thing out of Sofia's mouth was a blunt curse that was suppose to stay within her thoughts, meaning she clearly didnt want to have to pay. Her boss, head of ArtMasters Graphic Designing company, paid for the whole trip in hopes of gaining some costomers to expand on. His exact words were, "No matter what, try to spend as little as possible. we're already in the hole. if you go there and end up not finding a single talented soul to represent us, then we're screwed."

By the looks of it, Larry may have more on his hand then he hoped.

Pulling herself from her stressing and rather annoying thoughts, Sofia shook them away and looked back at the male she had been speaking to. "eh- excuse that color word.." she muttered. "hm. you know what? Screw it. I’m just gonna set up camp until someone stops me.. then i suppose i'll pay if thats what i have to do. this requires too much social action then i'm comfortable with." she hissed.

It was offical. The trip was a horrible idea. Why Larry picked her to go was beyond her knowledge, but she had a hunch that he was trying to Solve her 'social disorder'. Rather that was the case or not, she was sure that now she was going to have to do alot of talking to get though the trip. And that DID NOT make her happy.

Frowning, Sofia turned to walk away, but mentally kicked herself and turned back around. Socially awkward, or not, she was not going to let herself be rude to someone who had helped her. "oh. sorry. thanks for the information. Call me Sofia." she extended her hand awkwardly, her face twisted up in slight horror of her action to 'shake' hands. She had always had troubles figuring out how tight her grip should be and how many shakes to include; something a girl should NOT be thinking about went shaking an attractive guys hand.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#202 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 1:31 PM
Default Dominic and Lara - Tourbus

Up until very recently, if anyone were to ask Lara Abbott if she felt ready to become a parent, the answer would have been a resounding “No!”. Although unanimously thought of as the responsible one of the two, she was still only twenty-one years old, a college student taking her first steps into the world of independent adulthood, and while she knew she wanted kids one day, she wasn't desperate for them either. Like Dominic, she had some growing up to do first and besides, she was planning to make the best of her twenties and leave family planning for later. That had been the plan, in any case; a plan turned upside down by the realization that she was pregnant: it was real, and it was happening. There was no hiding from it, not anymore.

Lara felt a rise in her trepidation as she watched Dominic fumble with his thoughts, struggling to take in the confession which his girlfriend had unloaded on him. He had yet to react to the Rio incident, and for that reason she'd repeated it: if they were to start anew, there could be no secrets between them. He had to know about the kiss, and the reason why she'd done it; a reason which apparently had not quite registered yet:

"Waitwaitwait", Dominic prompted and flapped his hands at her. "You kissed Rio? The fag? Why? I mean..."

Taken slightly aback by the reaction, as well as the appellative, Lara opened her mouth to restate the reason, feeling the first stirrings of defensiveness: it was a mistake and she freely admitted it, but if Dominic decided to make more of it than it was, considering...Fortunately, she was spared from having to delve further into that unpleasant theory when moments later Dominic's consternation disappeared, giving way to dejection:

"I don't know what I mean..." he confessed with a sigh, in a tone full of disbelief, "Christ...A baby.... Oh boy..."

When she'd first begun to suspect she was pregnant, Lara had been afraid. Once it became apparent that was the case, the fear had turned to panic: they were too young, unprepared, not ready for the monumental responsibility of parenthood, and more recently their very relationship hung by a thread. How could she possibly bring a child into the world? Then, later, as the notion began to sink in, Lara could not help but feel a soft rosy glow bathing her as she pictured herself holding hers and Nicky's baby for the first time, seeing him or her grow up, playing together, taking them to their first playdate, the first day of school...But not alone. She wanted this, but not without the man she loved.

“Yeah...” she breathed with the awe she still felt whenever she thought about it, “I know it's not what we wanted right now, and I'm afraid too but it's happening, Nicky and...I want to do this with you. Start fresh, with no more secrets between us and raise this baby together. You...do want that as well, don't you...?”

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#203 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 1:40 AM Last edited by WLK360 : 4th Mar 2011 at 2:44 AM.
Default Kendra, Daniel, and Lavinia. Food Area.

“So um, what’s your family like?"

From the expression on Daniel’s face at that moment she realized that she had just jarred him from his thoughts. Uggh I hate when people do that to me! She thought the second she saw his face. Kendra was a pretty quiet person, choosing to usually think before she spoke, and generally not getting very active in conversations. At school she was a part of the ‘popular’ clique but she wasn’t shallow and never talked behind people’s backs. She was mostly there because she looked good and was smart enough to help everyone else with their homework. More often than not she would be thinking pretty deeply about something when someone would shatter her thoughts with a shallow comment or a “Omigosh! Is my hair okay?” type question. Her nature was to generally snap at said person before remembering her place and cooling off. Luckily Daniel didn’t seem to mind as much as Kendra did, which made her feel even more hypocritical, so naturally a little color came to her cheeks.

"Well...You've pretty much met half of it already. Dominic's my brother, and you've clearly seen, and heard, what he's like.”

Daniel gave Kendra a reassuring smile, and she felt her heart melt. How could one person have such a perfect smile? Kendra mentally noted that Dominic and Daniel were related. There was resemblance now that she thought about it, but she definitely wouldn’t have guessed based on personality, they were polar opposites.

“And as for our parents..." He shrugged and Kendra knew that there was some tension behind that subject. She noted not to really press that topic. "They're pretty much like any other parents, I'spose. My dad works as an engineer, and mom's an interpreter. Nothing exciting.” And your brother’s most likely a crazy rock star. You don’t seem like the kind of person who would want much more excitement. She thought to herself. “They're really overprotective though. Wouldn't even have let me come here, if I hadn't gone with Lara.” Kendra was about to ask who Lara was when Daniel added. “Nicky's girlfriend." Oh okay! Kendra relaxed a bit. She couldn’t really relate to the strict parents thing, with so many siblings her parents weren’t really able to enforce strict rules; once a sibling got away with something the others simply said ‘But if he could do it why can’t I?’ So while they did enforce a few rules it was mostly like ‘These are some suggestions. Take ‘em or leave ‘em, your choice.’ She was pretty careful by nature and by seeing some of her parents insight ring true in Asher’s actions.

Kendra smiled and decided that no matter how dorky it sounded she should just say it, since it was honest. “Ah, I'm glad you got to come then.” She put her hand up to push her hair behind her ear, before she remembered her piercings and let her hand drop again. “I got to come as a part of my internship. It’s a pretty cool deal actually. I wonder if Ill be working with Deus Ex Machina.” She smiled at Lavinia. “Your hair is so nice!”
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#204 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 2:24 PM
Default Rio and Sofia - camping grounds

Although having been labelled quite a few things during his childhood and even more so during his teens, "the shy type" really wasn't one of them. With the frequent moving around the country that came with his father's job in the military, Rio would have never made any friends, had he been the quiet and withdrawn kind of guy. Granted, he was far from a loudmouth, nor was he a leader, but he had no trouble being open and friendly with others, of being generous with himself. Brought up to show respect and good manners, he rarely struggled with other people, and he didn't tend to shy away from making first contact. Not unless it was some guy that he was insanely attracted to (or a person named Lavinia Sinclair), in which case he would usually be just as self-conscious as the next person. Like pretty much anyone, he had his issues, some of which were gnawing away at his confidence and his self-esteem, but his straightforwardness where socializing was concerned, was so deeply rooted in him that when dealing with most others, it had yet to budge. For that, he was grateful. It was a greatly relieving quality to have, and had allowed him to get along quite well with so many of the great number of people he met, through his moving around in younger years, and through school, work and Brad's career. He could get along just as well with those who were confidence personified, as he could with those who were far more timid and withdrawn. Though while he was no stranger to people who were considerably more shy than he was, and that struggled a bit with their social skills, he couldn't remember ever having come across anyone quite as awkward and obviously uncomfortable, as the young lady who had just approached him. Seemingly with a gun of some kind to her head, since judging by the look on her face and her whole body language, she would have rather not talked to him. Had it not been so before, it was a fact that turned obvious when after declaring that she would just take her chances and set up camp without paying, she just abruptly turned, as if about to simply walk away. Though only a moment later, she turned back. Whether it was because she felt bad about treating Rio that way - he had only tried to help after all, and only after she approached him - or simply a lapse in the very social skills she claimed to lack, she didn't say. But she did apologize;

"Oh. sorry", she said. "thanks for the information. Call me Sofia."

With that, she sort-of-kind-of extended her hand for the customary handshake, as though it was a gesture most unfamiliar to her, and with a look on her face as though she had just offered it to a shark rather than another human being who'd been nothing but nice. Seeing that expression on her chiselled features, it was only natural that Rio hesitated as well, before carefully accepting her outstretched hand, and giving it a single fairly firm shake.

"Rio", he introduced himself, and then shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, feeling as though Sofia's awkwardness was actually starting to rub off a bit on him. "So...", he thus added, mostly to prevent that well-known uneasy silence from settling between them, "I take it you're not here to party then...?"

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#205 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 2:40 PM
Default Dominic and Lara - DEM's tour bus

It felt like an enormous abyss had split open in the ground by his feet, and he stood teetering on the very edge of it, desperately flapping his arms to keep his balance and not plunge head first into it. His stomach felt hollow and as though it had lurched into his throat only to plummet down to his knees a split second later, and it was as though someone had knocked the wind out of his lungs. So grave was the shock of going from the possible loss of the girl with whom he'd spent the past six years, to the realization that she was expecting a baby. It was a gigantic leap, from one extreme to the exact opposite one, during the course of no more than a minute, and it felt as though every single part of him that was struggling to catch up, was doing it at a pace different from the rest. His head felt all over the place, and lowering it into his hands as an attempt to bring it together.

A baby... Jesus Christ, a baby. Not an imaginary one, far into the future and well planned for, but a baby in actual existence, right now, this very second. With him as it's father.
Hello face, meet brick wall.

"Yeah...", came Lara's voice from beside him, in little more than a whisper, though grew with an odd mix of conviction and trepidation as she went on; "I know it's not what we wanted right now, and I'm afraid too but it's happening, Nicky and... I want to do this with you. Start fresh, with no more secrets between us and raise this baby together. You... do want that as well, don't you...?"

For the first few seconds that followed, Dominic didn't move. Nor did he reply. He just sat there, almost as though he hadn't heard her, with his head buried in his hands, struggling to try and figure out just what he was thinking, and feeling, trying to determine where he truly stood, once the shock of it all started to recede. Which, to be honest, it really didn't. No matter how many seconds that passed, it all still felt completely overwhelming to him, and he knew he'd need far longer to get used to the idea. But still, he had to try, if for no other reason than for Lara's sake.

Did he want the child? He honestly didn't know, perhaps mostly because the feeling in his gut had grown clouded with the fear of losing Lara, should he say no. Or even yes, only for her to discover somewhere along the road that it hadn't been a genuine, heartfelt one, or even for him to change his mind. He didn't know if, after everything that had happened tonight, they'd be able to make it through something like that. And more importantly, would they be able to make it through the alternative; parenthood?

The more he thought about it, the more panicked he felt. At first. His head was spinning out of control with all the if's, but's and maybe's of the entire thing, and his heart trembled so at the prospect of losing Lara, that it wasn't until his thoughts suddenly touched on one memory from earlier this very night, that clarity struck: He had proposed to her. Only hours ago, he had asked Lara to marry him, and spend the rest of her life with him, and he'd done it with the conviction that it was what he truly wanted. And with everything that had then followed - their almost-tryst, Lara disappearing, him desperately trying to get a hold of her, and her finally returning to him - that conviction had only intensified.

A child was a very different thing, there was no escaping that, but the conviction of wanting to marry Lara had been born out of a willingness to take that step, to make that commitment. A feeling that he was ready. And even though his knees shook at the very idea of becoming someone's father, and he had his doubts that he was mature enough for it, the feeling in his gut, emerging through the fear of loss, was that... he did want to do it. He really did. He may not be entirely ready for it, but it was how he felt, and... well... he did still have nine months to get there, or at least closer to it, right?

Ever so slowly, his slender frame finally came alive where he sat, running both hands through his already tousled hair before looking up at Lara with complete gravity in his eyes, and daring that one giant step of confirmation;

"Yeah...", he said slowly, and equally slowly straightened his back. "Yeah, I do.

For a moment his gaze dropped from hers, venturing down to land on her hand, and he reached to take it into his. Giving it a soft squeeze, he then looked up again, and this time it was with the beginning of a tiny lopsided smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Holy crap...", he said, the awe of the notion now having spread to encompass him as well. "I'm gonna be a dad..."

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#206 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:14 PM
Default Sofia Diomante- camping grounds
Never one to really speak, Sofia usually played the part of 'the smart and mean one' in her career. She was considered 'a real b*tch to work with.' or 'the girl that hates everyone.' when in reality, none of that was true. Fact of the matter was, she was just scared she'd be betrayed or would be tricked into something she never agreed to. After all, she had experienced first hand before. When meeting or speaking to a stranger, she'd usually try to make it as obvious as possible she didnt like them so she wouldnt have to deal with taking chances. The only other man besides her father she trust was Larry; her elderly boss who made it clear that if she wasnt going to really apply herself to the job, he could always replace her. That instantly made her attached to the rotten old man. She looked up to him due to the fact that she saw alot of herself in him. Mean, Genius, To the point... He was the future her that she was already taking form off. In a way, she hated that idea, so she mentally used him as an example of 'what not to be'.

She shook herself from her thoughts as the young man's mouth formed his name. "Rio." the name was unusual. that was usually a good sign to her. Following his name, he stuffed his hands back into his pockets, making her smirk ever so slightly and softly chuckle. She was getting to him. That was usually how her awkwardness fed onto others. It seemed his once kind and outgoing structure was slowly leaving him. "so,.." he began. She was glade he decided to speak up, otherwise the deathly silence would fall over them, and truth be told, she thought she might explode from it. "I take it you're not here to party then...?" Rio's question once again brought her out of her thoughts. "Hell no. i'd rather have my limbs scattered across the camping grounds." she joked.

"i'm here to simply hear some good music and to hopefully gain a sponsor for my designs. i'm a graphic designer and unfortunately.. work hasn't had much to look at. My boss sent me out here, of all people, to mingle and socialize to gain some work." she found herself growing comfortable with him. To a normal person who didn't have a fear to every possible thing in the world, that would be good. but to Sofia, that was a horrible thing. This meant she'd most likely feel comfortable sharing information with him like she had already done. that meant trouble to her. Crossing her arms over her chest boldly, she went into a more comfortable stance to hold a more open conversation.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#207 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM

Alright everyone, the time has now come to officially move over to the new Syrinx Festival RPG board. All those who might happen across this thread in the future, interested in joining the roleplay, feel free to follow us there! We thank MTS for the time that this has been the home of this RPG.

Since what we have roleplayed so far is the launch party on the night before the festival, and since we'll start off on Day 1 of the festival on the new board, if there is any ongoing interaction that you would like to wrap up here, you are of course free to do so.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Page 9 of 9