Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 2:26 PM Last edited by JezzaGates : 17th Apr 2016 at 7:48 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Island Paradise
Default CC is odd...Please Help!!
While decorating my Sims homes, I've run into an issue with CC furniture. It's been happening for the last couple of weeks since I went on a download spree. All of the custom furniture is becoming really weird colors when I try to place them in the rooms. Example: A solid white dresser is green and blue with polka dots. Has anyone ever encountered this before? I wish I had gotten a screenshot before I asked. I can probably add one later.

But my main question is this:

Does anyone know of a program like Delphy's Dashboard, but for Sims3Packs that looks at multiple packs at a time?

I don't know what you want from me I just wanna be left alone. I wish that you'd just go away. Go back where you came from. You love me like a hurricane then treat me like a stranger. You build me up then break me down. I don't need your kind of hurt.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 5:09 PM
Did you try recoloring them with CASt? A lot of times CC creators will have a preset with really odd/garish designs on all the channels just so you can see what you're altering. You can alter them later when you go to Create-A-Style.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 5:41 PM
I would try what IndigoMontoya suggested. If that doesn't work you are probably going to have to go through your custom content until you find out what is causing the problem.

Suggestion: For those of you who go on "downloading sprees." Leave your new custom content in your downloads folder where you install it with the launcher. Load the game and play. If everything is working ok then when you come out of the game you can put the custom content you are "trying out" into the mods folder. This way you don't have to spend hours and hours searching for a problem file if there is a problem.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 6:08 PM
You can also use the Sims3Pack Multi-Extractor to convert your Sims3packs to .packages, then scan them with the dashboard.

Just remember to never convert these types of files to .package:
  • CAS patterns and textures. Otherwise you risk incurring the "Materializing Materials" infinite loading screen.
  • Anything that fuses to become a larger unit when you place the same item next to each other. Examples of what I'm talking about include counters, cabinets, and sectional seating. Sometimes you won't be able to CASt them if you do this.
  • Custom hair colors.
  • Lots and Sims.
  • Custom worlds.

Everything else should be fair game though, as far as I know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 2:23 AM
The weirdest thing about the furniture is for instance, I have a dresser that's normally all white and shows up in the objects as all white, but when I go to place it, suddenly it's these weird different colors. I also have an issue with one of the collections I downloaded, a teen bedroom set. It used to show up in purple tones, but now on the catalog it's gone to crazy colors. If I place the items, then go to CAS, the game crashes. That's when I really started noticing it.

Thank you guys for answering! I'm going to try the Extractor and let you know what happens!

I don't know what you want from me I just wanna be left alone. I wish that you'd just go away. Go back where you came from. You love me like a hurricane then treat me like a stranger. You build me up then break me down. I don't need your kind of hurt.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 11:12 PM
The extractor worked great!! My game is back to normal!!

Well, it worked a little too great, lol. I now have to go through those specific downloads and delete things that I thought I deleted a long time ago. I really do try to keep my downloads to a minimum. I clear them every few months of things I don't use or like anymore. I guess I always forgot to check the downloads folder, lol.

Thanks so much you two!!