Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 8:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [Sims 3] EP's/SP's from Origin downloading but not installing ?!
Hello ! Okay this is probably the most confusing problem I've encountered so far with the Sims. I keep all my Games (EP's/SP's) on Origin so I have no Discs and I think this is partly the problem here. I Re_downloaded all my Sims 3 Games yesterday and everything was looking fine (I had them installed before on the same notebook that I'm using now so I know it isnt a hardware problem) until I tried running it, not only was it showing the base game loading screen (I installed all EP's so it should've been Into the Future I belive) but it crashed a few seconds after (I currently don't have any CC or Mods in my game), Alright at first I thought I'd have to patch my game so I tried patching it with FordGT90's patch downloader but the downloader showed me the same error message for all my Addons/Stuff packs (skuversion.txt missing/broken) and only my basegame showed up on the List. I tried locating my skuversion.txt files and noticed all my EP/SP folders looking like this

and I'm pretty sure there are missing a few folders. I can't find any EP(xx).exe files (It was usually all fine for me when I started my games using the latest ep.exe) Now my Question (I'm sorry for the text wall but I thought I'd better be as accurate as possible) Does anyone know a way to manually install the files downloaded from Origin ? Because I'm pretty sure that is what went wrong here. there are two exe files (per EP) in my Sims 3>_Installer>DLC >EPxx folders, is it save to start them or should I rather not ? Is there any other way ? I tried re-downloading but it's not working.
Thanks !