Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 4:31 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Mar 2016 at 12:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default What went wrong with....? (SOLVED)
I have had these boots for a while now, but never actually used them.
The first time I am like..*hey! let's use those cute boots for that sim..it suits her...*

I realise that they aren't categorized for outwear and I need it badly. That sim will have only one outfit for all category plus a jacket..so no choice here.
But these boots are merged..along with many other .pakage files. No trouble. i found this : http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ed+package+file

Find the right CASP one, and set outwear to true. commit..saved.

Great! it worked sort of, they are now showing in outwear...but BROKEN. argggggggggg. why huh??

I am about to kick sims 3 and hard. Nothing works..(whining)
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:14 AM
Did you make the changes to the merged package file or to a copy of the original and then re-merge it? I started merging all my stuff a long time ago and didn't keep unmerged copies , which I seriously regret. I've attempted to change the clothing categories that things show up in and age categories for accessories on merged packages with pretty mixed results. I've tracked down a copy of the item I want to change and then followed the procedure here...
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1029/

There is a quote from Anach about 80-90% of the way down that page that I think pertains to my problems and perhaps to yours as well...
" That's very clever and quite simple, but be warned this may cause issues if there are shared or identical resources in the merged files, which some custom content creators will do. If unsure, it will be safer to re-merge."

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:34 AM
I did edit the one IN my merged package file, since I found a tut that shows how to look for a particular file, within..a merged one, as my post mention.
But yes...ideally, i would have simply edit the casp in the .package file, then re merged everything. I have the loose boots pakage. But not the exact replica of ALL the other pieces of clothing i merged together though...i could not do it the ideal way.

I did edit the casp of the original unmerged boots package, and add it to my game. But no changes..I guess the game read the one within the merged package, and ignore the loose one.
And this is why I tried editing the one within the merged one.

Inventor
#4 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 8:06 AM
Gotcha, sorry I missed that. I've tried to do it several ways. I've found a copy of the unedited and unmerged package and deleted that from the merged package following the link I posted above and then remerged that single package after I've made the changes I wanted with the merged package. I've also tried just deleting that individual package from the merged package and then leaving the new changed version of the single package as a separate item. Then, sometimes, I've tried renaming the single package so it loads before( or after ) the merged package it's also in. I've had mixed luck with all of those ways. I've never had a texture problem ( or whatever your current issue is) though. I've had things that used to show not show at all anymore or they've failed to show for the clothing categories or ages/genders I've assigned them if an accessory. Sometimes , for me, the methods I've listed work and sometimes they don't. For example, I removed a package of Von Frege accessory stockings from a merged package because they were messed up/ didn't show properly and also changed the categories on a few other of her stocking creations at the same time. After that two other accessory stocking packages I had from her creations just ceased showing up period. I think that's all tied in with that disclaimer from Anach I quoted. anyway, sorry I can't be of any help and if you figure it out please post the results. I haven't given up on removing and re-adding items from merged packages, but it's frustrating as hell for me as well. Good luck!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 8:45 AM
Yes..so frustrating. Believe me, I know better now, and next installation ( yes, me about to have new gaming computer..will have to re instal..) I won't make the same errors..lol
I'll play safe
I'll be back if ever I magically find a cure.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 3:04 AM
Oh well. Turns out, these boots simply hated being merged with other stuff. They might be CASP-racist....
I found every clothing item I had in my Clothing.package, remerged them all but the boots. I made the CASP changes to boots, and let it loose in my Package folder.

Stange, but now, It works.

Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 1:30 PM
Thanks for the update, much appreciated! Ya, as I'd mentioned in my last post it seems to be a hit and miss, trial and error, keep your fingers crossed and hope the mojo is with you on some of these. Glad you got it working.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 12:28 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Mar 2016 at 12:50 AM.
Ok! So turns out, I was wrong...lol
Want to know? These boots by M1ssDuo ( a conversion of Soul Calubur4's Boots) just cannot be paired with M1ssDuo's Accessory jackets...(see pic in my first post)
I thought it was a category problem, and was wondering why O why, adding Outerwear category to a piece of clothing would mess things up?
It didn't mess up anything, but since now both clothing item were worn at same time...I finally understood what was the problem. Well no..not exactly, since I have no clue why a jacket cloned from a ring, would cause a problem when paired with boots..especially since they are both made by the same person!

Probably not a merging problem either, nor editing it while still IN the merged package...I might never know huh

I choose the boots..so Misha won't wear a jacket.

EDIT to add....
I checked all textures of the jacket in GIMP..I might be able to fix this. Might be just a question of overlapping since the part normally reserved for shoes on the texture image, has jacket on it

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 3:28 PM
@MOOKIEBLAYLOCK

hey..I found this...might be of help huh..?
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1029/

Inventor
#10 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 10:16 PM
@Rosebine, hey I know it's 4/20 day and all but that's the exact same link I posted in my first response to you in this thread

Here is the thing that's the bane of my existence with merged packages ( well one of 'em anyway) http://xxxkinkywiqxxx.blogspot.com/...dd-on-afam.html At one time, from the comments, that was working and everything fine. Then f*cking mediafire removed all of her dl's, as they seem to randomly do to various creators periodically, and when vonFregal reuploaded to Mega something went wrong. The dl is only 2 kb which I should've noticed but didn't ( and it probably wasn't even on a 4/20 and since it's 2 kb it didn't register as an empty package. What shows up is a kind of body stocking texture that goes from the feet to the neck instead of the sleazy stockings I wanted . I dl'd the male version to see if I could convert those to female, but they have the same problem. Anyway, I just can't get those out of my game. I did the Simlogical steps and re dl'd it and then removed it , but it's still there. I think that's related to that Anach quote in my first response to this thread. I have managed to get the other stockings I had from her that vanished to show up again now though, lmao.

It's still trial and error for me. I have a few pair of those sinky shoes/boots that go into the floor and need omsp's that I want to get rid of, but I haven't tackled that yet. If I wasn't a dumbass, I'd have saved unmerged versions of everything and could just re merge... but I am a dumbass ( The King of ! ) and didn't. I do very much appreciate any updates or info from you in regard to merging/unmerging stuff. It's good to know I'm not the only one that has weird stuff happen when doing that, thank you!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 12:33 AM
Oh jeez..sorry about that lol. I cannot even blame it on 4/20....as I never remember about what this date means, so never pay attention to that day and stuff. ( I could totally celebrate it tho)
About those stockingz..can't you just export its texture and..remake them?