Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 1:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Clothing options for each category
How do you get a clothing option to "stick?" I have winter and summer options for each Sim. Option 1 is summer, option 2 is winter. It's the middle of winter, and my Sims keep wearing summer PJs. I changed their PJs to option 2, and they remain wearing it until they change into everyday or athletic. But when they go to bed again, they change into PJs option 1 again. Is there a trick to this? Thanks!

goderguy
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 5:53 PM
Are you talking about in the game when they change for different seasons? Like a skirt and sleeveless blouse for summer and a pair of jeans and a sweater for winter??

What I do is create my sim and give her 4 different outfits (one for each season). In the game when it changes season I have my sim change into each outfit for that season. Example: If it is summer changing into fall: I have her change into fall clothing for each outfit (like everyday, outerwear, sleep etc.) Then when she is in her everyday clothes and gets ready to sleep she automatically changes into the outfit she should be wearing. Your game should change her into the outfit (for everyday, swim, sleep or whatever) that she wore last. (Hence the changing her into each outfit every time the season changes)

On reading what I just posted it seems kind of confusing lol. If it doesn't make sense to you post it and I will try to elaborate better. Hope this helps.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 1:41 AM
I understand what you are saying. In a different way, that's exactly what I described and am doing. The winter outfit isn't "sticking" though. Even though I have my Sims change into the winter PJs, once they change to another outfit like everyday or athletic, then go to bed again, it switches back to summer PJs, even though the winter PJs are what they wore last.

goderguy
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 8:52 PM
I hate saying this because everyone here says it over and over........but.............It could be a mod problem or some custom content you have downloaded interfering with the outfit you want "sticking." Just remove everything from your game and try a new game and see if you still have the problem.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 9:42 AM
How do you change their outfits? Do you use the in-game methods (the dresser or by clicking on the Sim) or do you use a mod like MasterController?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 10:47 PM
1st you have to give them more than one outfit in CAS. I use Master Controller and just go into "Stylist." Once you give them multiple outfits you can click them in game and choose which outfit they wear.