Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:04 PM
Default Game won't go to main menu
I'm really worried as my game has just started to quit and never go to main menu
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:58 PM
This is more suited for the Help section: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551

Have you installed any new content recently? Changed any settings?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
This is more suited for the Help section: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551

Have you installed any new content recently? Changed any settings?
Nope just happened randomly
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:10 PM
Have you tried moving your TS3 folder from My Documents to elsewhere and letting the game generate a new one?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:14 PM
Try renaming your current The Sims3 Game Folder or move it to someplace safe such as your desktop. Start a new game (A new The Sims 3 folder will be automatically generaged). See if you can play a new game that way. If you can more than likely there is something in your old game either corrupted or conflicting. Let us know what happens with that attempt so we can better help you going forward.

Sorry @sweetdevil .. just realized I pretty much gave the same advice as you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Try renaming your current The Sims3 Game Folder or move it to someplace safe such as your desktop. Start a new game (A new The Sims 3 folder will be automatically generaged). See if you can play a new game that way. If you can more than likely there is something in your old game either corrupted or conflicting. Let us know what happens with that attempt so we can better help you going forward.

Sorry @sweetdevil .. just realized I pretty much gave the same advice as you
done that nothing, it's either my world or my save as when I put them on my friends game it does the same thing, not sure what to do completely at loss
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 5:31 PM
Update, uninstalled and reinstalled doesn't help :'(
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
done that nothing, it's either my world or my save as when I put them on my friends game it does the same thing, not sure what to do completely at loss

So you are saying you could not even start a vanilla game by putting your The Sims 3 Game Folder on your desktop and letting the game generate a new folder that has no mods, installed CC, Game Saves, etc.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
So you are saying you could not even start a vanilla game by putting your The Sims 3 Game Folder on your desktop and letting the game generate a new folder that has no mods, installed CC, Game Saves, etc.

I never said that was the problem. i said the problem is when im in game and want to go to main menu, it just saves and quits instead of going to the main menu.
Alchemist
#10 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
I never said that was the problem. i said the problem is when im in game and want to go to main menu, it just saves and quits instead of going to the main menu.

But you never said that until now...

Er...are you sure you're not clicking the "Save and Quit" option? It's right below the "Main Menu" one.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
But you never said that until now...

Er...are you sure you're not clicking the "Save and Quit" option? It's right below the "Main Menu" one.
No mate, i have uninstalled the game and the registries and tried reinstalling the game and when i click the "Main Menu" it just saves and closes to origins.