Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#9851 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:13 AM
This

Obviously, this was not from the ending where Shepard turned everyone into a cyborg.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#9852 Old 20th May 2016 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 20th May 2016 at 5:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
Bonehilda will beat up burglars. Which makes her a little more useful, anyway.

And I've never seen her lose to a burglar. She always wins. Even the cops lose from time to time.

Why doesn't the martial arts skill from WA or the various curses and damnations from Supernatural work on burglars? you have this gawd-like sim, and he cowers at a burgler if he/she doesn't have the brave trait? What's that about?

Edit: Important Safety tip, Witches, don't try putting a haunting curse on ghosts, even if they're jerks.

Harold Potter seemed to not have the last laugh with this snarky ghost.
Field Researcher
#9853 Old 20th May 2016 at 4:25 PM
Bonehilda will then spend the next few hours standing outside the house, apparently watching for more burglars and ignoring the dirty dishes. Stupid pile of bones.
Scholar
#9854 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:09 AM Last edited by Elynda : 2nd Sep 2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: correcting
This came as a bit of surprise to me.

Shirley and Captain January were at Mick's Master Karaoke bar the other day. I had Cap order a round of drinks from the bar, and after chasing various people around with a tray for a bit, the proprietor served Shirley with a drink! I didn't know that was possible. I haven't been messing around with Retuner, I promise you, And there was none of that 'Stretch Armstrong' business either, she just took the glass as normal. As you can see, she's 'having a blast'.

Well, since Shirley had done three numbers on the Karaoke machine, I figured maybe the proprietor gave her the drink to shut her up!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#9855 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:05 AM
I tried putting a sim on the resizer OMSPs. He can't walk around but...here he is at 25%! We could also do giants with 400%!
Screenshots

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Mad Poster
#9856 Old 23rd May 2016 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
This came as a bit of surprise to me.

Shirley and Captain January were at Mick's Master Karaoke bar the other day. I had Cap order a round of drinks from the bar, and after chasing various people around with a tray for a bit, the proprietor served Shirley with a drink! I didn't know that was possible. I haven't been messing around with Retuner, I promise you, And there was none of that 'Stretch Armstrong' business either, she just took the glass as normal. As you can see, she's 'having a blast'.

Well, since Shirley had done three numbers on the Karaoke machine, I figured maybe the proprietor gave her the drink to shut her up!

You do realize that if the drink is to be named after her, she's going to have to change her last name to "Temple."
Scholar
#9857 Old 23rd May 2016 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Elynda : 23rd May 2016 at 1:40 PM. Reason: Additional
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You do realize that if the drink is to be named after her, she's going to have to change her last name to "Temple."

Her last name is Temple. She is the same sim who reached to top of the Movie Star career, which I mentioned once in the "What's Happening in Your Game Right Now?" thread, Since then I've been playing out a few scenarios, loosely based on real life Shirley Temple movies, "Captain January" being one of her best, I have a poster of it displayed in the entrance to the Wilsonoff Theatre. Oh, I'm a huge fan of Shirley's!

But now you've inspired me, I'm going to have Cap learn the Mixology skill and name a drink after her!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#9858 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:43 PM
I've discovered that Magically Upgrading a shower does NOT count for the "Upgrade Shower For X" opportunity

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#9859 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Her last name is Temple. She is the same sim who reached to top of the Movie Star career, which I mentioned once in the "What's Happening in Your Game Right Now?" thread, Since then I've been playing out a few scenarios, loosely based on real life Shirley Temple movies, "Captain January" being one of her best, I have a poster of it displayed in the entrance to the Wilsonoff Theatre. Oh, I'm a huge fan of Shirley's!

But now you've inspired me, I'm going to have Cap learn the Mixology skill and name a drink after her!

LOL! See, you caught me. I don't really know much about the real Shirley Temple, all of that went over my head until you explained it. I just knew it's the name of a very popular non-alcoholic drink that is often offered to kids, among others who choose not to partake of stronger beverages, in places that serve such things.
#9860 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:17 PM
1). Very late to discover this, I had just discovered that after Showtime installed, there would be addition of tourists. More tourists from three WA worlds (new Sims, new name) and tourists with regular western name who are not belong from WA worlds. Probably to add more viewers for show stages.

2). The cards used for Magician are not Simlish. They are regular real life playing cards, with letters A, J, K and Q written on them instead of Simlish letters. While numbers in Simlish world are best known for using real life 0-9 numbers.

3). I caught a scene when a Magician showing in University world. Not sure if there could be Sim wearing random clothing, but wearing career clothing seemed very unlikely.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Theorist
#9861 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:29 PM
University Life is pretty cool once you can actually get there and play it.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#9862 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:35 PM
After rediscovering they were in the game to begin with, I found out sprinklers can water your plants. It blew my mind!
Mad Poster
#9863 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:19 PM
Sorry if this was mentioned on one of the 394 prior pages already (anyone care to index this thread for latecomers?), but for the first time my sims had an inactive teen over to the house with the Loves to Swim trait from IP. I've never given that one to any of my actives. The idle animations they do are really cute. When he was holding his nose and pretending to be underwater, at first I thought he was telling me that something smells bad.
Alchemist
#9864 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:02 AM
Sorry if this was mentioned on one of the 394 prior pages already (anyone care to index this thread for latecomers?), but for the first time my sims had an inactive teen over to the house with the Loves to Swim trait from IP. I've never given that one to any of my actives. The idle animations they do are really cute. When he was holding his nose and pretending to be underwater, at first I thought he was telling me that something smells bad.

Many people were deceived by this animation. When IP trailer was first shown, people speculated that there would be a new dance move and they were all excited and crazy about it. Turned out it was just an idle animation we would hardly ever see in the game. That's why people shouldn't believe what's seen in the trailer. Still, it's nice to dream. .

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#9865 Old 26th May 2016 at 8:51 PM
My twin Sims Lavender and Marigold graduated from high school (despite Lavender already being in college one semester --typical Sims borkage)--and the names the teacher was reading at the graduation were very funny. Some sounded like "reversed names" or you could make out the first name clearly, like Emerald Blahblah. I think someone's last name was Werewolf.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#9866 Old 27th May 2016 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
The benefits of the Ninja Vanish potion, especially after purchasing that remote vacation home in Shang Simla that cannot be accessed by any sort of vehicle... sigh... how many hours were lost simply on commuting.
Related to that, I have learnt that it takes around 24 effing painful in-game HOURS to be robbed when owning said house, simply because the cop has to go back and forth between the house and the car twice, and does so at the slowest pace imaginable. Meanwhile, you cannot save or enter build/buy with the burglary technically still in progress. My evil sim does not approve.
I also learnt that DNA samples disappear when travelling between worlds. I was looking forward to raising Chinese babies at home :/
Finally, I stumbled on a very simple way of raking in a filthy amount of money: obtained Tiberium from breaking space rocks, cut them, analysed the dust and cloned them a billion times, let them grow and consigned them. someone stop me...

Truth. I had to dig my screenshots when I read your post. Why doesn't he run away?

Let's just agree to disagree.
Instructor
#9867 Old 27th May 2016 at 11:00 AM
That if you move in 3 more adult sims meant to be your main sim's only adult son (he's a YA meant to be 31 and her other kids are all baby-child aged, she's a 2,001-year-old vampire so yeah), his wife, and his wife's other polyamorous husband who is also loosely based on one of your main sim's 6 polyamorous husbands, your sim and her female servants will hit on her son and his brother-husband and her husbands will hit on their daughter/stepdaughter-in-law... To be fair, I hadn't made the guy her son or married to his wife using Mastercontroller yet lol, it still felt awkward though
Lab Assistant
#9868 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:42 PM
That some sims are really, really horny.

I kept wondering why my legacy sim kept rolling woohoo wish after woohoo wish for her spouse seconds after just having finished woohoo, so I decided to check her gender preference stats, and this were her results:

She doesn't even have the Flirty or Hopeless Romantic traits. On the contrary - she's a shy, clumsy, childish coward bookworm. Compare this with her spouse (I didn't bother taking a screenshot of his male gender pref, since he's straight):

Instructor
#9869 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowyDreams
That some sims are really, really horny.

I kept wondering why my legacy sim kept rolling woohoo wish after woohoo wish for her spouse seconds after just having finished woohoo, so I decided to check her gender preference stats, and this were her results:

She doesn't even have the Flirty or Hopeless Romantic traits. On the contrary - she's a shy, clumsy, childish coward bookworm. Compare this with her spouse (I didn't bother taking a screenshot of his male gender pref, since he's straight):

Out of curiosity, I just looked at the gender preferences for all adult sims in my house (I have no teens, only YAs, children, toddlers, and babies, none of which of the latter 3 I checked), consisting of my main sim, her 6 husbands, her 3 servants (all female), her adult son, her daughter-in-law, and her daughter-in-law's other husband, and also the NPC maid, and my main sim had the highest male preference and most negative female preference out of them all, probably unsurprising being she has 6 relationships, has the Hopeless Romantic and Family Oriented traits, and her Lifetime Wish is Gold Digger, which all probably greatly contribute. I think my sim's even hornier than yours...
Mad Poster
#9870 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:35 PM
The gender pref numbers as revealed by MasterController do not measure an intensity of interest in hanky panky or other romantic types of activities. A sim with a +50,000 pref for a certain gender won't be any more hormone-driven than one with a +5, the first one just won't likely have enough experiences in their lifetime to change their minds about which gender(s) they are attracted or not attracted to. The second one might not stay with that preference if things go certain ways.
Instructor
#9871 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:50 PM
The gender pref numbers as revealed by MasterController do not measure an intensity of interest in hanky panky or other romantic types of activities. A sim with a +50,000 pref for a certain gender won't be any more hormone-driven than one with a +5, the first one just won't likely have enough experiences in their lifetime to change their minds about which gender(s) they are attracted or not attracted to. The second one might not stay with that preference if things go certain ways.

So basically my main sim is only so sure of being straight because she's had 6 relationships at once all with male sims and has spent the majority of her sim-life pregnant by then all, while a sim like the NPC maid or her son and her daughter-in-law's other husband or her servants have such low preferences because they've only had 1 short relationship or no relationships whatsoever in her servant's case so it can change with any relationship?
Lab Assistant
#9872 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:57 PM

Hmm, I did a check with my other legacy sims though, and most seem to have their preferences in the hundreds for positives and minus hundreds/thousands for the negatives - regardless of experience. The one with the +50/90k actually has more experience than her spouse - they're each other's first loves, but she has trouble saying no to other people who initiate the flirting first (And her prefs have already shifted somewhat from experience; according to an older screenshot she had 105k for female when she aged up to teen.) On the other hand, while her spouse's female preference may only be +92, his male one is -2k.

Any other theory for why she's so addicted to woohoo, though? The gender pref just seemed fitting since she's the only one I've ever seen with +10k, let alone +50-100k :P
Mad Poster
#9873 Old 27th May 2016 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by southparkrocks
So basically my main sim is only so sure of being straight because she's had 6 relationships at once all with male sims and has spent the majority of her sim-life pregnant by then all, while a sim like the NPC maid or her son and her daughter-in-law's other husband or her servants have such low preferences because they've only had 1 short relationship or no relationships whatsoever in her servant's case so it can change with any relationship?

More or less, but it also depends where these sims start out when they are created or become of age. By default, the game sets most sims as 0/0 (undecided) or something like +2/-1 (just slightly straight) and then things like social activities and player direction have a strong impact on how they evolve. The potential starting out points can be adjusted with rolls of the virtual dice using chance settings in NRaas StoryProgression, for those who use that. A sim starting out as bi will have prefs something like +50,000/+50,000. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to try to hump everything that moves or they already have tried, it just means they are pretty well set as attracted to both genders. If you want one to be asexual, you could adjust them yourself to -50,000/-50,000.

But yes, a sim who starts out with numbers of low magnitude in either or both directions like most are by default will gain lots of + points as they have positive and - points as they have negative romantic experiences throughout the game.
Mad Poster
#9874 Old 27th May 2016 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowyDreams
Hmm, I did a check with my other legacy sims though, and most seem to have their preferences in the hundreds for positives and minus hundreds/thousands for the negatives - regardless of experience. The one with the +50/90k actually has more experience than her spouse - they're each other's first loves, but she has trouble saying no to other people who initiate the flirting first (And her prefs have already shifted somewhat from experience; according to an older screenshot she had 105k for female when she aged up to teen.) On the other hand, while her spouse's female preference may only be +92, his male one is -2k.

Any other theory for why she's so addicted to woohoo, though? The gender pref just seemed fitting since she's the only one I've ever seen with +10k, let alone +50-100k :P

Well, her traits don't seem to fit the profile you describe so it's probably not that. She's really powerfully attracted to her spouse and these other sims? There aren't any other high quality fun things to do/play with at home?

Some of this intense interest is going to depend on whether you use NRaas Woohooer, its optional Scoring module, Kama Simtra, and how you have their various options arranged. And some sims just seem to be "like that."
Instructor
#9875 Old 27th May 2016 at 7:06 PM
More or less, but it also depends where these sims start out when they are created or become of age. By default, the game sets most sims as 0/0 (undecided) or something like +2/-1 (just slightly straight) and then things like social activities and player direction have a strong impact on how they evolve. The potential starting out points can be adjusted with rolls of the virtual dice using chance settings in NRaas StoryProgression, for those who use that. A sim starting out as bi will have prefs something like +50,000/+50,000. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to try to hump everything that moves or they already have tried, it just means they are pretty well set as attracted to both genders. If you want one to be asexual, you could adjust them yourself to -50,000/-50,000.

But yes, a sim who starts out with numbers of low magnitude in either or both directions like most are by default will gain lots of + points as they have positive and - points as they have negative romantic experiences throughout the game.

I get it now, thanks
Page 395 of 490