Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:29 AM
Hi It's Soyinglesita Here I Was Just Looking At The New Meshes And Outfits Blah Blah Blah..... And I Just Wanted To Know If Anyone Felt The Same Way As Me.

So All I Seem To See Are Clothes Clothes And More Clothes, And I Dont Know About You Guy's But I Have Pleanty Of Clothes For My Children Already, So I Was Thinking Maybe 1 Brave Creator Could Try To Make Something Different Like : "a Pram", "swings", "roundabouts", "playpens" Ect... I Hope I Might Of Inspierd Someone With This Message And I Will Be Looking Forward To See Who Wins !!
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#102 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:53 AM
DoEsN't It GeT tIrInG tYpInG lIkE tHaT?

Actually, only about half the entrees are clothes, and that's perfectly in keeping with general uploads here at MTS2. We have a larger number of clothing creators than most anything else.

We have so far: 3 wall and floor sets, 3 lots, 1 hack, 1 object, 1 room set, 1 object recolor, 1 set of rugs and 18 clothes (that's 11 'Brave Creators' by your count)

As for inspiring creators to do your work for you, might I suggest you take a crack at creating too? We have very extensive tutorial sections on just about anything you'd like to learn how to make. Walls and Floors is generally a good place to start, particularly if you have a thing against clothes.
Banned
#103 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 12:14 AM
Do u know the child/girl seasons dress?
how do u take the sleeves of??????!!!!!!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#104 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esamama
Do u know the child/girl seasons dress?
how do u take the sleeves of??????!!!!!!

HI,

HP and Tiggy made excellent tutorials for beginning meshers.. http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...arter_Tutorials

You don't 'take off the sleeves'. The body mesh is manipulated to take on the shape of the clothing you are designing. If your original has sleeves, you change the shape back to arms OR you cut and paste some arms back into the mesh. If you follow the beginning tutorials, you'll learn how to do all the basic stuff.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#105 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:35 PM
Hey guys... I THINK I've finished all the stuff for our theme so now I have a little time to make some things for this challenge. When is the deadline? Has one been set yet? (Then I know how ambitious I can get. )
Forum Resident
#106 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 10:45 PM
HP said she'll give us 2 weeks notice, So nope, No deadline yet :P

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#107 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 8:04 PM Last edited by porkypine : 28th Dec 2008 at 8:22 PM.
Kewl! I've finished the first item on my list and it works!! Now on to the rest of the set! Whee!

and it ain't clothing....

Well. It's not a secret! Here's a peek.

Now your toddlers can sear the playground bully with their very own Little Draggy - He's kewl - he wears shades..

Mad Poster
#108 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Kewl! I've finished the first item on my list and it works!! Now on to the rest of the set! Whee!

and it ain't clothing....

Well. It's not a secret! Here's a peek.

Now your toddlers can sear the playground bully with their very own Little Draggy - He's kewl - he wears shades..

Awww... that's so cute! What EP did all those playground things come with? Free Time?

Or is this something entirely new that doesn't require a certain EP?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#109 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:38 AM
I believe it came with Apartment Life. Little ridable pony springy thingy.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#110 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 5:59 AM
Yep.. Apartments.... You need it for the animations and stuff. The kid has some cute YE-HAW bronco busting hand in the air moves. Just like riding a fake bull in a bar.

Apartments has some cute playground stuff for kids.

Hey Canoodle.... The Echo's theme has a little something special that you would probably just love to fall into.
Test Subject
#111 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 3:53 PM
mr.d, how about a spongebob rifle? loolz.
I dont know how to make stuff, but if anyone wants ideas, ask me.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') I stole the bunny off macroqueen bc I dont know how to do a gekko, PLEASE TELL MEH JESUS!!!!
lolz, ferrets rule, I love the ferret :)
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#112 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Hey Canoodle.... The Echo's theme has a little something special that you would probably just love to fall into.

*Runs off to look* Squeee!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#113 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 5:34 AM
Ok.. I've uploaded the draggy and am still working on the next mesh. :D
Test Subject
#114 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 12:04 AM
I don't know how to do any of that so i won't be participating

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 11:47 PM
Just wanted to lend my voice to that of the mass congrats for the Neanderthal exceptionals. Congrats and good job guys!

I'm looking forward to seeing the products of this latest challenge (love the feetie pj suggestion too). I'd love to contrubute but I'm a reporter and barely have time to even play the sims *pout* I'm just trying to fix probs with it so I can play a bit tonight lol. So I'll also include a thank you to all the creators who put there time into making such cool objects! My game wouldn't be as fun without you!
Instructor
#116 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 8:36 PM
How long have we got left for the kids stuff challenge?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 7:15 PM
Kids Challenge Deadline

Hey guys - I promised that I would give you at least two weeks advance warning of the end of the challenge, so here's that warning:

Submissions for the Kids Challenge close on January 31st. This still gives you plenty of time to finish up anything you're working on, hopefully. Please get your submissions in before January 31st!

The next challenge will be done soonishly thereafter - probably not immediately, but we'll let you know.

Keep up the great work, guys! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#118 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 9:43 PM
Wow, That's over 2 months of creations... The time flew by! Everyone's done/doing great entries, It's great! :D

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#119 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM
This one sounds like fun... I am going to try and make something...maybe hmmm...hehe
Instructor
#120 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:39 PM
Whoooo...almost done, I think I am gonna make it after all! The entries so far are INCREDIBLE!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#121 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 3:40 AM
Is it just my imagination, or is the relevant section not actually functional, as I can't actually post anything, nor do I see anywhere to actually send the entry in to?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#122 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 4:23 AM
I believe it is a catagory you choose when uploading.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#123 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 1:39 PM
Pescado, you can upload it like you do with everything else - just choose Challenges then Kids from page 1 of the upload wizard. We've had over 70 submissions already so you are obviously doin it rong.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#124 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 5:54 AM
Default Creator challenge idea
Love all the fine work at this site, that out of the way.

I had a brief chat with a local creator and would like to suggest a challenge idea. Sims 2 computers seem a little out-dated recently, how about bringing them up to date by designing some new ones with tv functions built in. Creation of a new breed of Sims Electronics, the multimedia PC
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#125 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 4:25 AM
So.. any idea on the winners announcements? Will it have a special category for weird ways to kill off extra sims?
Page 5 of 6