Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
Default Favourite dogs
what is your favourite breed of dog mine favourite breed of dogs are pugs, no mater how much people call them ugly
also do you have a dog and what breed is your dog
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:34 PM
Jack Russell Terriers!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
Jack Russell Terriers!

do you have a pet dog
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:19 PM
I big dogs, especially mutts! Call me old-fashioned, but I just love big, dumb mutts. That's what I had growing up, and that's the kind of dog I want as soon as I'm on my own.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
I big dogs, especially mutts! Call me old-fashioned, but I just love big, dumb mutts. That's what I had growing up, and that's the kind of dog I want as soon as I'm on my own.

i like big dogs as well but i prefer smaller dog when i am older when i can live on my own i want to get a pug i'm crazy about pugs but i can't have any dogs at the moment

my favourite big dog in a great dane but i woundn't feel confitable owning one
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:18 PM
German shepherd and doberman <3

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:52 PM
I've got dog phobia, so you can say I'm not particularly fond of them, but if I have to choose, I'd say the puppy version of golden retrievers. They're just adorable. The adult version also looks quite friendly.

German shepherd and Jack Russell are two of my least favorites. My aunt has German shepherds, and I can't stand the gang because I always feel she's got very little control over them and she also doesn't respect that I'm afraid of dogs, so I don't have any happy memories about that particular type of dog. Jack russell, because my ex had one in the family, and I was "attacked" by a very energetic little crazy beast every single time we visited his parents, and with dog phobia that's not much fun. They're way too energetic for my taste. Also not particularly fond of the small "yappy" dogs (tiny dogs that barks all the time), or large dogs in general.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:04 AM
Samoyed for me, thank you.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:33 AM
Can't decide - can't choose! I like terriers, Springer spaniels, pointers, Irish Wolf Hounds, corgis, and various mutts. I have dog lust in the worst way and I can't figure out what exactly I want. I keep thinking that someday, the right dog will walk into my life. In the past, i had a couple of Border Terriers. There were adorable, but possibly the wrong type of dog for me because they're rather independent and not as easy to groom as the books say. I don't know, I still love them and often think of getting another Border.

Today I saw a teacup Yorkie. Sweetest and cutest little thing. It's owners said that it lived with a very large dog and was just part of the pack. When you talked to it, it would wiggle it's tiny little tail really fast. I've also drooled over pitbulls. Every one I've met has been so very sweet. I can't decide.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've got dog phobia, so you can say I'm not particularly fond of them, but if I have to choose, I'd say the puppy version of golden retrievers. They're just adorable. The adult version also looks quite friendly.

German shepherd and Jack Russell are two of my least favorites. My aunt has German shepherds, and I can't stand the gang because I always feel she's got very little control over them and she also doesn't respect that I'm afraid of dogs, so I don't have any happy memories about that particular type of dog. Jack russell, because my ex had one in the family, and I was "attacked" by a very energetic little crazy beast every single time we visited his parents, and with dog phobia that's not much fun. They're way too energetic for my taste. Also not particularly fond of the small "yappy" dogs (tiny dogs that barks all the time), or large dogs in general.

I feel ya. I adore big dogs, but I'm secretly kind of afraid of cats. When I was little, my grandpa had these godawful barn cats. I didn't have any specific traumatic experience with 'em, but they were mean enough that they soured me on cats entirely. I do not like it when cats are near me or attempt to sit on me, but a lot of cat-owning people have outright refused to keep their cats away from me when I've asked. A few have actually responded by dumping the cat in my lap because they think that their cat is the miracle cat that will magically cure my fear/dislike of cats.

Spoiler alert: nope. Doesn't work.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:37 AM
I feel ya. I adore big dogs, but I'm secretly kind of afraid of cats. When I was little, my grandpa had these godawful barn cats. I didn't have any specific traumatic experience with 'em, but they were mean enough that they soured me on cats entirely. I do not like it when cats are near me or attempt to sit on me, but a lot of cat-owning people have outright refused to keep their cats away from me when I've asked. A few have actually responded by dumping the cat in my lap because they think that their cat is the miracle cat that will magically cure my fear/dislike of cats.

Ugg! I hate when people do things like that. There's such a thing as helping someone to overcome a fear by introducing the fear inducer in small increments, but not big ones because it's has the opposite effect. Dumping a cat into the lap of someone who is uncomfortable with cats or afraid of them is much too big a step at one time.

I used to be afraid of dogs, but I worked on it until I felt less afraid. Getting to know some friend's dogs helped, as did having my own and going to training classes. Some dogs still scare me, but it really depends on their behavior and if I feel I can deal with it or not.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Ugg! I hate when people do things like that. There's such a thing as helping someone to overcome a fear by introducing the fear inducer in small increments, but not big ones because it's has the opposite effect. Dumping a cat into the lap of someone who is uncomfortable with cats or afraid of them is much too big a step at one time.

I used to be afraid of dogs, but I worked on it until I felt less afraid. Getting to know some friend's dogs helped, as did having my own and going to training classes. Some dogs still scare me, but it really depends on their behavior and if I feel I can deal with it or not.

i'm not a fan of cats never have been the only cat i liked was my dad's bestfriend's cat called tommy who was 21 years old but he died after having a stroke a few months ago
Inventor
#13 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:23 PM
Heheh Hot-Dogs.

Nah, but I adore all dogs.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Sep 2014 at 4:59 PM.
A few have actually responded by dumping the cat in my lap because they think that their cat is the miracle cat that will magically cure my fear/dislike of cats.

I so feel your pain! Everyone thinks they'll be able to cure my dog phobia with the magical words "the dog is so nice, and he isn't dangerous at all" while the dog is busy running right toward me with a wild expression in its face, wanting to sniff my crotch.

Spoiler alert: Panic attack.
Doesn't matter how nice the dog really is, when my instincts scream "DANGER, DANGER!!!"
I don't mind them all that much if I know someone has them under control and far enough away from me, so it's not like I get panic attacks every single time there's a dog nearby (would make walking home from school a real pain), but if they're running loose or seem particularly interested in me, my instincts take over.

There have been a few dogs I've been able to be around without getting panic attacks or being on high alert, and those were rather docile creatures that didn't have any interest in saying hello or sniffing. They'd barely even look at me before they lumbered away.

As for cats, I find them much easier to be around. I'm not much of a cat person, but they're much calmer animals, and don't set off my alarm the way dogs do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I so feel your pain! Everyone thinks they'll be able to cure my dog phobia with the magical words "the dog is so nice, and he isn't dangerous at all" while the dog is busy running right toward me with a wild expression in its face, wanting to sniff my crotch.

Spoiler alert: Panic attack.
Doesn't matter how nice the dog really is, when my instincts scream "DANGER, DANGER!!!"
I don't mind them all that much if I know someone has them under control and far enough away from me, so it's not like I get panic attacks every single time there's a dog nearby (would make walking home from school a real pain), but if they're running loose or seem particularly interested in me, my instincts take over.

There have been a few dogs I've been able to be around without getting panic attacks or being on high alert, and those were rather docile creatures that didn't have any interest in saying hello or sniffing. They'd barely even look at me before they lumbered away.

As for cats, I find them much easier to be around. I'm not much of a cat person, but they're much calmer animals, and don't set off my alarm the way dogs do.

has a cat you don't no ever followed you
a few years ago when i was walking home a cat i didn't know kept follwing me every time i walked pasted the cat while walking home from school
do you have a cat?
Theorist
#16 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:08 PM
I don't have a dog because I'm too lazy to take care of anything and I'm kind of one those annoying germaphobe type people.

My favorite dogs are shelties, because I think they are such beautiful dogs and every sheltie I've ever met has been so sweet, gentle, and docile. Such amazing dogs. Pretty smart too, a former co-worker used to train them for agility.
I like the orange and black ones like this:

I was pretty disappointed the Sims 3 Pets shelties didn't look very realistic.

I also am extremely impressed with border collies. They're so smart!

This one is Chaser, truly amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6479QAJuz8

I was also completely amazed at Betsy's story. Skip ahead to 27:45 to see it.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dogs-decoded/
I watched that on PBS last Spring, really cool documentary and worth watching the whole thing.

The border collie stories make me fantasize about dogs that have evolved to be super smart like Brian on Family Guy.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I don't have a dog because I'm too lazy to take care of anything and I'm kind of one those annoying germaphobe type people.

My favorite dogs are shelties, because I think they are such beautiful dogs and every sheltie I've ever met has been so sweet, gentle, and docile. Such amazing dogs. Pretty smart too, a former co-worker used to train them for agility.
I like the orange and black ones like this:

I was pretty disappointed the Sims 3 Pets shelties didn't look very realistic.

I also am extremely impressed with border collies. They're so smart!

This one is Chaser, truly amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6479QAJuz8

I was also completely amazed at Betsy's story. Skip ahead to 27:45 to see it.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dogs-decoded/
I watched that on PBS last Spring, really cool documentary and worth watching the whole thing.

The border collie stories make me fantasize about dogs that have evolved to be super smart like Brian on Family Guy.

i might watch the documentary later
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:33 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
has a cat you don't no ever followed you
a few years ago when i was walking home a cat i didn't know kept follwing me every time i walked pasted the cat while walking home from school
do you have a cat?

I don't have a cat (or any other pets, except for dust bunnies and the occasional bug), nor do I want one.

Some cats can be a bit clingy, but the majority of cats I've met prefer being around you if you want to be around them, and while some cats will follow you around (at a distance), most will disappear if you shoo them away. They also understand the importance of intimacy zones around complete strangers a whole lot better than dogs do.

Unless you own the cat, of course (or it owns you?). Then it will lie on your head when you wake up, or walk all over your computer, or any other cat-related "I don't care shit that this is your item or your personal space, I can climb all over it if I want" behavior.

One of my cousins saved a starved cat a few years ago. It's quite well behaved, even if it insists on bringing home dead rodents and birds.

Another cousin's cat is the clingy type and will follow you around (mostly on a distance). They also have one of those yappy-dogs that barks all the time. That said, the dogs that particular family owns between them are a bunch of clingy, over-excited, crazy beasts. Not one of them is trained properly to the point where they can walk calmly at the end of a lead without barking at anything that comes within 50 meters. They will bark and jump if you're anywhere close, and have no regards for intimacy zones. Although, I'm a lot more afraid they'll bite than sniff if they get anywhere close. A couple of those dogs seem outright ferocious...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:33 AM
Sims dogs: anything with long hair just can't be done. And their faces are all horrible.
Used to own a dog grooming shop - still like dogs I can play salon with - poodles, shih tzus. Used to show boxers - love their bodies. If I could get a dog right now, I would get a cocker, the kind that have a puppy-face, and a show coat, tri-colored. Off to go find pictures.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:17 AM
I don't own a dog because right now I wouldn't have the money and time it deserves.

If I were to choose a breed, my heart would go to French Bulldogs, because they are unbelievably cute. Even when you're walking down the street and you see one with its owner, if you just smile to it it will immediately come near you and look for cuddles, they're the cuddliest breed ever. They never bark, and their huge eyes and ears are just adorable!
I could never afford one though. Not only they are crazy expensive, but they are also super high maintenance: they are prone to basically every illness in the world, and hardly live more than 7-8 years.
Thinking more realistically, two good dog breeds I would like as well are Yorkies and Golden Retrievers.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sims dogs: anything with long hair just can't be done. And their faces are all horrible.
Used to own a dog grooming shop - still like dogs I can play salon with - poodles, shih tzus. Used to show boxers - love their bodies. If I could get a dog right now, I would get a cocker, the kind that have a puppy-face, and a show coat, tri-colored. Off to go find pictures.

i love your pug profile picture
Instructor
#22 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I've never had a dog, but there are breeds I absolutely adore. Sadly, even if I had one of these dogs, neither breed is really practical for this Florida heat.

I absolutely love domesticated wolves.

Next are Siberian Huskies. Love them! A friend down here had one and he said it did nothing but shed in the heat. More of a cold weather snow dog.

I love German Shepherds as well, absolutely beautiful animals.

I love all animals and often drop off blankets and help fill food needs, especially when I see the bins in the stores looking for donations of food.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:48 PM
Paws down German Shepherds. My white GS, Zelda. :lovestruc

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd....79eebcbd3012e3f

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moogle Luv
Paws down German Shepherds. My white GS, Zelda. :lovestruc

i'm guessing he really loves his bone
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
i'm guessing he really loves his bone

She loves her rawhides, but not as much as her Lambchop squeaky.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....836d06aef7be8f0
Page 1 of 3