Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:12 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 19th Oct 2014 at 12:39 PM.
Default Happy Halloween
i know that it isn't the 31st of October yet but i just want to say happy Halloween

are you doing any thing fun for Halloween this year?

if you want you can share your own Halloween stories here
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Inventor
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:57 PM
When we were younger this family across the street would have a party every year for kids, because their youngest girl's birthday was on halloween. It was this lesbian couple and they were really cool, the woman who's kids they were (she had 3 when she moved in, and met her partner afterwards, then she moved in) was really nice and down to earth, and she ran a sanctuary for hedgehogs, so if you found an abandoned baby or an injured adult, you'd take it to her, but she took them in from all over the county and rehabilitated them for the wild.
They'd have the party and take all the kids trick-or-treating. But it was a bit shitty because some of the parents in our street were happy for the free babysitting and not having to go out on halloween, but the rest of they year they didn't let their kids go to "the lesbian house" because it's "a bad example" and they might "become gay" so their kids were kinda lonely sometimes. That really pissed me off. Most people in my area are scum. I live in a crappy area.

One year my friend stayed at my house, because her step dad said she wasn't allowed to trick-or-treat because it's "begging" but really it's because he was a dick head who didn't like to see her happy... And we went trick-or-treating and my nan told her parents we stayed in and watched movies. We went to the "rich" part of our neighbourhood and got a ton of sweets and chocolate, then some older kid ran past and grabbed my friends bag, but she kept hold of it so he kicked her in the stomach to make her let go and he ran off . We were 12, and this kid was obviously like 15/16+. We went home after that and I have her half my sweets.

Now my partner and I usually just stay home and watch horror movies and eat lots of sweets.

When we lived in our flat, we got sweets for kids but none came... I guess because the door was like a buzzer? So I guess the kids parents thought no one would be willing to come all the way down stairs to give kids sweets... I was kinda disappointed but at least we got to eat them all the next day!

I don't know if it's just my area or england as a whole, but we don't that into halloween... Very few decorations and the majority of houses don't give out sweets (the council send out these signs for people to put in their window if they don't want trick-or-treaters just before halloween). Plus it's always wet and cold.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:15 PM
I've only done trick or treating once in my life, which when i went with my cousin.

i never have any one to do trick treating with and i'm not allowed to do it on my own
Inventor
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:35 PM
The last year I did trick or treating, I was 15, and my friends and I realised this was out last chance, because no one wants to give older kids sweets.

We got all dressed up and went to the first house - The woman was on the phone, so she just lobbed a whole bag of mixed sweets at us so we were like "Sorted. Done for the night, let's go home!" But we wondered around for a bit and some drunk people begged us for sweets. I can't remember if we let them have any or not, but I remember the main one was dressed in a Clockwork Orange outfit.
Then stayed the night my friends house, where we stayed up late watching horror movies and snaking down. There was a lot of drama the next day because there were 4 of us, 3 girls and a boy, and he used to go out with one of the other girls although we were still all really close friends. The next morning, the went to school but I just stayed in bed (I didn't particularly care for school, I had terrible attendance) and after flirting all night they decided to get back together, but that lasted all but a few days... They were great as friends, but not so great as partners!

@coolsim22: Trick or treating sounds great but in practice... Once you get past a certain age it all gets a little pointless. It's more fun to just get your own sweets and watch some movies. I prefer seeing the kids in their costumes to dressing up myself, lol, that's when you know you're getting old.
Theorist
#6 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:39 PM
Not much of a Halloween celebration here. Some people celebrate it, usually with costume balls or some such, but there's not much trick-and-treating. I've never celebrated Halloween.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:53 PM
i never properly celebrate Halloween that much too. my mum's birthday is on the 1st of November so me and my dad are usually sorting stuff out for my mum's birthday
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:29 AM
People usually don't celebrate Halloween over here, but I had some good house parties with my friends sometimes.
This year October 31st will be a celebration melting-pot: my best friend and her fiancé are throwing a housewarming party, which will also count for her late birthday party, and at the same time it will be a farewell party for two friend of ours who are moving to London and Spain. Now that us 10 are always away from our hometown (due to work, university etc.) it has become very difficult to gather up and have some old-times parties but we had this planned for a long time.

And obviously I downloaded a shit ton of Halloween movies to warm up during October, and I am keeping Hocus Pocus at the end. That one needs to be savored.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
I don't know if it's just my area or england as a whole, but we don't that into halloween... Very few decorations and the majority of houses don't give out sweets

I don't know about the houses but the shops down here (Southwest England) tend to go overboard with all the horror stuff for Halloween. I don't know why, I guess people just see it as another reason to get drunk :/
Inventor
#11 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
I don't know about the houses but the shops down here (Southwest England) tend to go overboard with all the horror stuff for Halloween. I don't know why, I guess people just see it as another reason to get drunk :/

I'm south west too :D
but yeah, the shops try to sell a lot of crap but no one really uses it around my area.
To be honest most of the stuff (masks and outfits) are used to stuff as Guys for Bonfire Night.

I hate Bonfire Night. I spend the days surrounding it in perpetual fear that some sicko is going to strap a firework to one of our cats
A couple of years ago, someone got a cat and put them in a black bin with a load of lit fireworks... The cat didn't die there and then but had to be put down :'(
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:05 PM
I'm south west too :D
but yeah, the shops try to sell a lot of crap but no one really uses it around my area.
To be honest most of the stuff (masks and outfits) are used to stuff as Guys for Bonfire Night.

I hate Bonfire Night. I spend the days surrounding it in perpetual fear that some sicko is going to strap a firework to one of our cats
A couple of years ago, someone got a cat and put them in a black bin with a load of lit fireworks... The cat didn't die there and then but had to be put down :'(

why don't you try to keep your cats indoors around the time of bonfire night to keep them safe
Inventor
#13 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
why don't you try to keep your cats indoors around the time of bonfire night to keep them safe

We try, but we have 6 cats, and the door is opened and closed all the time (we have a very hectic house unfortunately) and my nephew lives with us who leaves the doors open when he goes into rooms - Basically if a cats wants to get out, they'll find a way. It's a pain.

Plus my nan doesn't understand that bad stuff can happen in the day too, or that just because she lets them out when it's light, doesn't mean they'll come back before dark. All our cats are litter trained so there's no reason to let them out in the day but my nan would rather let them run free than go through the hassle of trying to keep all the doors shut - Which, like I mentioned is almost impossible in this house.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:42 PM
We try, but we have 6 cats, and the door is opened and closed all the time (we have a very hectic house unfortunately) and my nephew lives with us who leaves the doors open when he goes into rooms - Basically if a cats wants to get out, they'll find a way. It's a pain.

Plus my nan doesn't understand that bad stuff can happen in the day too, or that just because she lets them out when it's light, doesn't mean they'll come back before dark. All our cats are litter trained so there's no reason to let them out in the day but my nan would rather let them run free than go through the hassle of trying to keep all the doors shut - Which, like I mentioned is almost impossible in this house.

Okay

6 cats would definitely be a challenge to keep indoors
my dad's best friend had pet cat called Tommy who lived up to the age of 21
R.I.P Tommy
I just thought i'd mention that
Inventor
#15 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
Okay

6 cats would definitely be a challenge to keep indoors
my dad's best friend had pet cat called Tommy who lived up to the age of 21
R.I.P Tommy
I just thought i'd mention that

Awh, that's a good age. Our oldest, called Tabby, is 16 or 17, and she's starting to have trouble breathing :/
Our next oldest, called Lucky, is about a year younger and she's on heart meds.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:54 PM
my dad's best friend's cat became deaf and blind a few months before he died
my dad's best friend said he had a stroke in the middle of the night stroke he wasn't awake at the time his cat had a stroke. He came down stairs when he woke up and he found him dead on the floor. he couldn't get Tommy respond when he picked Tommy up.
but 21 years old would be very old for a cat am i right?
#17 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:57 PM
I'm going to a friend's Halloween party, so that'll be fun.

EDIT: Also, why do stores in the US put Christmas decorations 2 holidays ahead of time? WAIT YOUR TURN, SANTA!

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 10:14 PM
I got a $35 Halloween costume on a whim and am not going anywhere- it's just for the kiddos when I pass out candy. I'm usually very thrifty, but with Halloween all logic goes out the window because dress up yay. *sighs* I have a nice big bowl of candy, though! We'll be the "cool" people in the neighborhood since we bought name-brand candy. Our street has a Dollar General right next to it, so usually people go there and get the huge bags of poop candy.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:05 PM
I don't know if it's just my area or england as a whole, but we don't that into halloween... Very few decorations and the majority of houses don't give out sweets (the council send out these signs for people to put in their window if they don't want trick-or-treaters just before halloween). Plus it's always wet and cold.

It's like that where I grew up too (Greater Manchester).
I use to love trick-or-treating,and when I got 'too old' I started taking my younger siblings. I felt bad once when my little brothers were 3 and 1 and had matching Tigger and Pooh costumes and someone opened the door, realized they were trick-or-treaters and slammed the door straight in their poor little faces. I'm glad they send out signs for people to put in their window now, but I felt like the couple could've at least complimented my younger brothers outfits instead of just outright slamming the door. It was really rude.

Rarely anyone ever put decorations up. I think we carved a pumpkin a few times but that was it. We always gave out a lot of sweets though, and money when we ran out - whereas most houses on the block just didn't bother opening the door. Then again, a lot of times it would just be older teenagers maybe wearing a mask and that's it, sometimes not even that. I remember one year, we had a group of 17-20 year olds, not even wearing costumes knock on our door.

Now that I live in Wales, I never get trick-or-treaters. Maybe it's because I live in the middle of town or because it's a University town or because we have a buzzer or whatever but I kinda miss opening the door, doing the whole "oh wow, what are you dressed as?" to kids and giving out sweets. I'm not doing anything this year, back in Sixthform my friend use to do these amazing parties that I use to attend, but then she moved to a smaller flat and everyone moved off to universities so last year I did nothing, and will probably not do anything this year too. I tried to convince a friend of mine to have a party (because my flat is too small for just two people half the time, let alone a party) but he has a grumpy housemate so I guess not.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#20 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:26 AM
This guy I'm friends with and I promised each other that if one of us wore a Halloween costume all day, we both would. So I've decided to do a dark elf/faerie thing. My hair was bright purple, but then I died it darker brownish black but it still has a purplish tint, so it'll go along well with it. I already had a long black skirt and I got some pretty black suede boots and a flowy black shirt with a ribbon from the thrift shop. I am also planning to get some purple flower hair things, and to put on purple eyeshadow and eyeliner. It won't be super "costumey," but that's kind of a good thing since I'll be wearing it to class. And the whole thing will be pretty darn cheap too.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
#21 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:56 AM
There's a bag of Tootsie Pops on the counter but I'm not touching them since I don't know if my dad's saving them for something else XD
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:24 AM
This year, I'm going anyways...

My school has a Halloween
dance in the afternoon instead
of school work, we could watch
a movie (YAY) or do homework
(BOOOOOOO)

I'm being a hotdog

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Inventor
#23 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:49 AM
The last time I dressed up, was a few years ago, and I was supposed to be an undead pirate. I got loads of those gel pens in silver and used the ink on my face, hands and chest (only places of my skin showing) and it made me look all grey like rotten flesh. I loved it. But half way through the night most of the pen had come off so what was left just made me look a bit dirty, so I ended up just being a normal pirate :P

My 2 best friends and I went to town and had a meal in a pub and then we just walked around looking for bars or clubs that didn't need ID just to get in (we were all legal age, but one of my friends forgot her ID and I just don't have one) It was fun but I don't drink so I was just hoping my friends didn't get drunk, they got tipsy though.

But my friends looked AMAZING. One was a zombie bride and the other was a mummy. I helped make my friends mummy outfit, it was really fun!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
It won't be super "costumey," but that's kind of a good thing since I'll be wearing it to class.
Pix. Or. It. Did. Not. Happen.

pleasepleaseplease
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM
When I was a kid people didn't celebrate Halloween over here. But a few years ago they started and now it's everywhere.
I think I have a party at someone's house. I don't know the person, where the party is or if it's happening lol. But if it finally happens I'll be dressed as Misa Amane from Death Note. I've been wanting to do it for years but never got the chance. The only downside to it is that I let my bangs grow in January so now I'll be a Misa without bangs.

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Page 1 of 2