Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#126 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:54 PM
... yeaaah see we're easily confused. I thought he meant midnight tonight (so actually the very first minute of the 18th, not the 17th) but... uhhhh..... anyway, our confusion means a deadline extension.

In future challenges we'll do a countdown timer so the ditzy staff and confused creators aren't quite so "What? Huh? Time... zones? Mid...night?"

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 1:55 AM
I submitted mine late on the 16th, will it still be counted?

and personally, when someone says a date, I usually assume it goes through that date, which is usually the understanding in english conversation. I think a countdown would be a great idea, it will help stop any future confusion.
Field Researcher
#128 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 2:45 AM
Im going to agree that I thought CET was Central Time Zone USA. A bit confusing I think. In any case its technically the 17th until it passes through the last time zone on the planet.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Top Secret Researcher
#129 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 4:28 AM Last edited by StephSim : 18th Apr 2010 at 5:24 PM.
Oooo...me loves the idea of a countdown clock! I'm all for it! Now I can go into hysterical perfectionist deadline mode with the help of a clock!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Mad Poster
#130 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 6:16 PM
I'm not going to submit anything but I was really confused because I also thought it meant US Central! Right now I logged on and was like "WTF?!" so yeah. Countdown? Good idea.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#131 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 7:41 PM
I'm going to have to agree here. I was just about to submit something yesterday when I saw that it was closed. But I thought it I had until midnight that night. Confusing!
Field Researcher
#132 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 10:45 PM
Perhaps future deadlines should be set for a less confusing time period. The fact that one minute past midnight in any time zone is actually part of the next day and date is apparently as clear as pea soup! The wonderful creators here are under enough constraints (modding limitations thanks to EAxis, modding glitches that pop up just to add to the aggravation, any number of, for me, unimaginable difficulties in creating these great objects and lots and sims) without adding deadline timing questions.... My husband once missed a return flight from Tahiti due to just such a timing error (lol, fer sure!) How about the most famous deadline - HIGH NOON?
Test Subject
#133 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 3:29 AM
ahh, the paradox of time.... Dern... should've pulled off the Doctor dressed in Shakespearean wardrobe... would've been easy if i understood the instructions for this little joyride site...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#134 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:58 AM
I noticed the tag cloud has "medieval" and "medieval challenge" in it- which has the items that will be voted on? It seems that "medieval" has more submissions.
Test Subject
#135 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 9:47 PM
Hi I have something, it is a little stupid but maybe it can be considered medieval. how do I upload it to share with others, I have been downloading from here for years so I thought I could give something back although I have no clue how to create stuff bu tI did the best I could, how do I put it in?
Inventor
#136 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 8:18 PM
@The priest: First you should show your creation in the Creator Feedback Forum http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=473. That's for checking whether your creation is good enough for upload or still needs some work. We've lots of tutorials and help pages here.

@catsuit: This file can't be on MTS so you should ask this question at the regarding website where the file is located.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 2:04 AM
Can't wait to start the voting!
I was looking through all the uploads. They all are amaziing.
Field Researcher
#138 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 2:43 AM
I must say, I'm impressed with a LOT of these for this theme. I really liked adding some Medieval clothes and items to my game. I just now wonder what the next challenge theme will be.
Test Subject
#139 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 4:41 PM
Can we vote on these? If so where?
Inventor
#140 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 9:23 PM
Just look at the top of the site: "Voting will commence shortly."
Test Subject
#141 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 6:22 PM
This challenge is perfect! I am teaching the Middle Ages/Renaissance to my 5th graders right now. Perhaps my young experts can lend a hand n the voting process.
#142 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I didn't realize elves were medieval, but apparently my first 10 downloaders were all elves!
Nice catch there, Ghost!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#143 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 11:01 AM
Maybe anyone will have the idea of an "medival computer" or an invisible one... ... it´s what i´m looking for
#144 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:05 PM
Aurija, I already have one in my game. The monitor looks like a crystal ball, the keyboard looks like an unrolled scroll, and the mouse-pad [no mouse!] looks like a "weegie" [ouja] board. It has been on the site for quite some time. Alas, I forget the name, and therefore cannot readily provide a link.

Instructor
#145 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:35 PM
I'm probably way to late with this, but may I add wishes?

A nice medieval computer is always great, but what I'd really love to see were medieval awards:

a thinking helmet, a re-energizer and maybe even elixier of life that fits in with a medieval theme. That green helmet with the light bulb always ruins the look. How about a nice wizard hat working like the thinking helmet? It'd be perfect!

I haven't found a good medieval fridge yet, either. And a bath tub, please! One without bloody water faucets which just don't fit. A medieval bed where people just lie on the floor but the animations work would be great.

Super-duper extra wish: a working spinning wheel and a warp-weighted loom (pictures at wikipedia) - it could probably done using the easel as a basis.

My eternal, undying love to anyone who comes up with those.
Test Subject
#146 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 5:48 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#147 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 5:51 PM
#148 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 6:08 PM
Yes, THAT is, indeed, the computer I was attempting to describe! Thank *you* for the link, too. I lost all of my archives when my fileserver died, and I hadn`t redownloaded this! As soon as I submit this, I`m redownloading it, and sticking the archive into an appropriate subfolder of my Installed Sims 2 Archives folder [not its real name; actually, it is D:\Documents\Downloads\Sims 2\Installed].

Top Secret Researcher
#149 Old 1st May 2010 at 2:31 PM
alchemist wrote: "...I'm probably way to late with this, but may I add wishes?..."

I was thinking it would always be neat to precede Challenges with Challenge Wish Lists...to generate a plethora of ideas (especially since they are theme based).

So...I know I'm not the only curious one...What's going on with the Challenge? This is not a pressure tactic, just idle curiosity. Are there too many entries? Are you guys revising how the challenge will be presented or judged? Are you guys up to "surprising" us with some wild and crazy medieval thing?

Tee hee...Patience turns to curiosity. Curiosity turns to speculation! Luckily, I'm still in the curiosity phase!

Back to preparation for uploading Sim things...

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#150 Old 1st May 2010 at 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=StephSim
So...I know I'm not the only curious one...What's going on with the Challenge? This is not a pressure tactic, just idle curiosity. Are there too many entries? Are you guys revising how the challenge will be presented or judged? Are you guys up to "surprising" us with some wild and crazy medieval thing?

Tee hee...Patience turns to curiosity. Curiosity turns to speculation! Luckily, I'm still in the curiosity phase!

Back to preparation for uploading Sim things...[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I'm not the only one who is wondering about this...I can't WAIT to start voting!!!!!

So mods..... IS the medieval Challenge in its finishing stages? Will we see the results soon?
I AM SO EXITED!!!!!!!

"Negative thoughts never breed positive results"
Page 6 of 7