Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Custom Content Causing my Game not to Load FREQUENTLY
Okay so, I'm not here to ask how to fix the fact that it doesn't load - I know how to fix it; I've done it about twenty times ^^; - I'm more here to ask if there's a way to avoid it. (It's such a pain.)

Downloading houses that require different EPs, I get that. But I've downloaded Sims Store stuff and it will still get frozen on that black screen. I've had to put it back to a minimum of makeup/hair/hair colors/houses/MINIMAL furniture to get my game to work. This really annoys me, because adding CC is part of the charm to the game, and I'm too afraid to download anything for fear of it freezing again.

Any tips/pointers on how to avoid this?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM
Black screen? Are you starting the game via Launcher?

Do you have Origin-required base game or the DVD version that don't need Origin?
If Origin is required, have you updated Origin lately?
If base game is DVD version bought before Fall 2012, have you tried Game Help:TS3 Bypassing the Launcherwiki?

If the CC is bad or broken, the only fix is to isolate that CC and remove it. There's no other way to workaround to force the game to load when the bad or broken CC is preventing the game to load. You can check for those using Delphy's Dashboard or Process Monitor.
If you haven't done so, some tips that may help in Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:04 PM
Good helping from Ella. Also, have you tried to download TS3PD and see if any of your games and expansions needs to be updated? I had a lot of issues with this back in the days.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/