Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 2:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Create a World Broke my Game.
Hi everyone!
So I'm not toooo bad at the whole adding mods thing and whatnot, but I wanted to add CAW to my laptop to give me some more stuff to do, and I tried to install it yesterday and it seems to have broken my game just a tiny bit. Loads of my content has either disappeared from the game or is not displaying properly. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?
Do I have to uninstall and reinstall it all?
Thanks,
Caitlin.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:54 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

Quote: Originally posted by cakeymichelle94
Do I have to uninstall and reinstall it all?
Well no. Not at this stage. Especially if you have not done he Game Problem FAQ to see what the extent of the damage is. List out here what happens when you do each of the 3 steps and after starting the game after each step.

And to troubleshoot CAW - we have this guide - CAW not running? CAW running slowly? that is in the CAW Help stickied thread. Have you done this FAQ? Same deal, do the FAQ and list out the outcome here. Some of the steps overlap with the Game Problem FAQ because it is the first step to troubleshooting. So if you had done it to troubleshoot for the main game, you don't need to get a new(er) User Folder when you troubleshoot for CAW. As long as it is still empty, that is.

We need to first establish if a cc-free and fresh user folders result in both the game and CAW loading OK...then we can start to see what's happening with the CC. If the game and CAW cannot even start with a fresh user folder, that means the fault lies with the programs themselves. And that's when we do the uninstalling and reinstalling bits.