Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 9:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default .sims3.backup errors?
I downloaded a couple pieces of content from thesimsresource and then my game wouldnt open. So I uninstalled all my content, took those pieces out, and reinstalled everything. I had a game on a custom world I was playing and, yeah. Dumb. And so when I tried to open up the game it started and everything but I really wanted to play this game. I have a .sims3.backup of the game, and when i changed it to .sims3 it wouldnt open the game at all. i took out all the .sims3.backup that didnt have a corresponding .sims3 file and the game opened just fine, but, like. I really wanna play this game. Is there a chance to get that game back?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:18 PM
When you change it to, let's say, BRIDGEPORT.SIMS3 it should show up in your Sims 3 Headmenu? Is it not there at all? I mean after you start the game and choose a save. Is the file located in the Saves folder?

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gaxili
When you change it to, let's say, BRIDGEPORT.SIMS3 it should show up in your Sims 3 Headmenu? Is it not there at all? I mean after you start the game and choose a save. Is the file located in the Saves folder?

it was IslandII.sims3, but after i accidentally uninstalled and reinstalled the IslandII world, the IslandII.sims3 save was destroyed and all I had left was the IslandII.sims3.backup. Since Ive seen that you can remake a .sims3.backup into a .sims3, and Ive reinstalled the world, I figured that would work but it didnt
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 3:41 PM
Owh, I might be the reinstall making it unable to reload your old save. I just found it weird, that it cannot do that. You did the right thing by renaming it to .sims3 instead of.sims3.backup and it should pop up in the main menu. One thing I can think of, is if that you deleted some worldcaches meanwhile. I tried this once with my favorite game, and found that if I put them back in worldcache my save would load up. Have you deleted anything in your Electronics folder except from reinstaling IP?

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/