Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 3:40 AM
Default Changing body weight and muscle size
Honestly, what the hell EA?

I honestly can't think of any reason why, but the game generates a ridiculous, unrealistic and disproportionately large number of fat sims. I don't have anything against big men and women, mind you, but I think it's stupid for EVERY single person in my kingdom to be obese.

Like guards. Almost every single guard the game generates is fat, which is stupid because guards are supposed to be in good physical shape for obvious reasons.

The problem is... I CAN'T FIX IT!!!! ARGGHHHH!!!

There's a few mods that allow you to edit any sim in CAS. The problem is, with every single one of them, if I try to adjust body fat or muscle size, for example to make a guard skinny, as soon as I exit CAS they revert back to fat. Every. Single. Time.

I'm a my wits end. Is there no workaround for this? I know I posted about this problem many months ago, is there a solution yet?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 4:27 AM
Shimrod has a no fatties mod, have you tried that?

*EDIT - Sorry, that mod works to keep sims who eat from getting fat, but every little bit helps right? I would just start executing all the fatties if I were you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Shimrod has a no fatties mod, have you tried that?

*EDIT - Sorry, that mod works to keep sims who eat from getting fat, but every little bit helps right? I would just start executing all the fatties if I were you.

I've had that mod since I started, and I notice that actually, the proportion of fat sims is pretty good on default. There's a lot of thin sims, some of them skeletal, some muscular, and yes, some are fat. Maybe most of the townies just actually get fat too fast.

I actually like the big ones in my game coz, by chance, most of them have the Good trait.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 2:37 PM
A lot of them also have Glutton and Unkempt traits... yuck.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
I haven't noticed any fat sims short of the ones I made or quest related npcs that are meant to be fat. Every morning the friggen monarch kitchen is flooded with staff cooking so I am surprised no one is fat but then again how fat can they get eating flat bread lol. I have to plan my character's meal time outside the normal breakfast/dinner hours to be able to fit into the kitchen.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 5:47 PM
There's another thread here titled "slimmer sims?" where we were wondering the same thing. Check it out, you'll see the pseudo-fix that only works for some. Basically you edit them in CAS to be thinner, then shift+left click and "object...force reset". Then immediately save and exit to main menu or quit. This has worked great for some of my sims, some others keep reverting no matter what I do. Hardly a perfect solution, but worth a try. If your sims keep reverting then I'd say TS3 sliders can work well for sims who aren't too obese...otherwise, to the pit!

paysites suck.
#7 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 8:24 PM
because medieval people were fat and ugly. prove me wrong, i dare ya.
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 8:28 PM
Easy. Check out some of the illustrations in medieval books and tapestries. Most people were actually rather thin.

Goes for ancient times too. E.g., someone who actually earned the nickname "Crassus" = "The Fat", they actually looked like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ssus_Louvre.jpg
... not like a beached whale :p

Edit: mind you, I have nothing against fat people. In fact, I actually like women who look, shall we say, like the WoW dwarves. But I don't feel a need to justify that by rewriting history :p
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 9:34 PM
I believe that only the wealthy had a chance of getting fat in medieval times, because the poor couldn't afford the amount of food it would take to get fat. but, we must take these games with a pinch (or a heaping tablespoon) of salt, it's not very realistic.
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 9:47 PM
Ayup, that was the big problem. It didn't take more than one droughty year and/or a war where you'd be looted by BOTH sides, for the peasants to starve to walking skeletons. (Or buried skeletons.)

Of course, even by "the rich", one must really understand the richest stratum. Lowlier knights / thanes were often reduced to subsistence farming in between war campaigns, especially if they had lost and had to ransom themselves. Think being stuck with an oppressive mortgage to pay, and just for having observed your feudal duty and followed your king to war.

So, yeah, I have no problem believing that the Bayeux Tapestry for example is pretty realistic in its depiction of low-BMI warriors on both sides at Hastings.

But, I guess, part of the charm of a medieval game is sanitizing away such nastiness, because a game properly set in The Dung Ages would probably not be much fun to play.

I mean, the plagues alone... I'd imagine that if "Prelude For A Plague" involved actually having no cure and watching between 50% and 80% of your town dying in horrible agony (mortality was much higher in desely populated areas like towns), while the best your doctor can do for them is to give them lots of distilled alcohol (the plagues kinda turned Europe alcoholic), and your village was hit so hard that the quantity of food was halved and the prices doubled for the rest of the game (the black death WAS the start of higher wages for the peasants because of just that), a lot of people would close the game and pop the CD out right there :p
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 10:02 PM
I could live with getting a daily death report from a plague my Master Chiurgeon failed to cure. it's not like the game wont respawn those b*stards anyway.

actually, that would make for an interesting quest. find a cure before all of the towns people become sick and start dying off. if you fail, the peasants storm the palace, kidnap the royal family, forcing them into the pit. killing them. . .MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

or, since it's a fantasy game, a lycanthropy plague. rabid wolves haunting the land!
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 11:44 PM
Well, yeah, but licanthropy and vampirism are kinda happy fantasies, rather than nastiness. If you actually added either, you'd have players mooning the werewolf and asking for a bite
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 12:06 AM
I'd rather enslave the Thropes, make them the labour force of the Vampire Kingdom. but for the parameters of the quest, you'd have to cure lycanthropy or have your king killed by angry villagers.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM
Default Muscles
Muscularity could use more definition.
Instructor
#15 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 12:18 AM
they need to get some of those Disney/Pixar/whoever else guys in there and make some ridiculously buff menfolk. i'd like to see that. . .
Instructor
#16 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
I could live with getting a daily death report from a plague my Master Chiurgeon failed to cure. it's not like the game wont respawn those b*stards anyway.

actually, that would make for an interesting quest. find a cure before all of the towns people become sick and start dying off. if you fail, the peasants storm the palace, kidnap the royal family, forcing them into the pit. killing them. . .MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

or, since it's a fantasy game, a lycanthropy plague. rabid wolves haunting the land!

Actually, I would play that game religiously.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#17 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 9:53 PM
Individual sims can be altered permanently by giving them the Herculean legendary trait instead of a fatal flaw; this shapes them up immediately and they don't revert back. This can be done by using the Dynamic Professions mod or my Legendary Traits Enabled mod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 10:28 PM
Well, there's that, but unless using the extra sliders and editing them in CAS anyway, giving someone the Herculean trait is also a bit of a breasts-be-gone button :p