Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Duck Defender
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 1:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game will not load, no matter what is clicked on.
This will mark the fifth clean install of FFS (Family Fun Stuff) and all the other games.

When I first bought the game online and installed it through the EA Downloader, it worked ok a couple of times, but now when I double-click the FFS icon, my cursor brings up an hourglass for about three second, and then nothing happens. It's as if I never clicked the icon at all.

I tried launching it from the downloader, I've tried double clicking the actuall .exe file, and everything else I can do. I have since un-installed and re-installed all of The Sims 2 games FIVE TIMES, and it's only when I intall FFS does this error happen. I've also stopped all background processes that might conflict.

I can only think it's the download itself. Is there any way to get a CD of the expansion sent to me, instead of the downloader verson? Has anyone done this?

What happens if a CD goes bad, or something like that?

Can anyone help!??!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 4:41 AM
http://support.ea.com

You may need to go to the EA help page.
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 8:33 AM
Try deleting Groups.cache and cigen.package when that happens. They tend to get corrupted.
They are in %my documents%\EA Games\The Sims 2 and will regenerate when you start the game again.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 4:51 PM
Also, try reinstalling the downloader. You should backup any files in the Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache folder first, though.