Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:16 AM Last edited by Sabrathan : 4th Aug 2014 at 4:23 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Works without mods, but not with
I've searched the web for the last few days and haven't found anything on my problem. Basically my game works with CC, but not with .package files. I've tried with only one mod, I've tried doing them by different sites I got them from. No one mod works in my game. I downloaded new .package files so I deleted them first, because my game worked before I got them. Then when that didn't work I tried with just my favorite mods. Next I just picked one mod, then tried, until all my gameplay mods had been tested. Whenever I have the mods folder my game says 'not responding'. I've tried reinstalling resource.cfg with no luck. Basically, I would like to be able to play the game with mods, if possible.

[Update] I fixed my virus software (malwarebytes) which wasn't opening, scanned my computer and removed all viruses. Afterwards I deleted all mods I'd saved and re-installed the folder. My problem appears to be solved. Thank you for your help.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 9:47 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 9:53 PM
did something went wrong when you created the framework ? did you double checked it? since its only concerning packages cache files could be the problem but maybe its the framework itself?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 9:57 PM
Delete the current Mods folder. Download a new one from the link shmovese linked before, and extract it into the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder - that one definitely works and is not problematic.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:23 PM
I tried re-installing the folder and deleting cache files and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:41 PM
on which patch level are you? is it your first "attempt" to use cc in sims 3?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
on which patch level are you? is it your first "attempt" to use cc in sims 3?

No it is not my first attempt using CC or package files and I am on the latest update. It worked after the update, but stopped a few days later until I removed the entire mods folder.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:41 PM
If you are absolutely positive you have the framework installed correctly and have deleted cache files as suggested by HP and venusprincess above you might want to take another look at your mods. Not sure what you mean by your game works with CC but not with .package files? CC in the Mods folder are .package files as are the mods themselves. Are you sure you don't have an outdated mod in there somewhere? What mods are you using?
Have you run the folder through Delphys Dashboard to see if that identifies any problems?
If all else fails..you could try reapplying or applying the Superpatch. It will tell you your already patched but proceed anyway.