Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Mekrani : 31st Jul 2014 at 12:11 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Help finding where TS3 Helper Monkey installed mods.
Hello, I have a small problem with my game and (probably an old version of) TS3 Helper Monkey.

My sister installed a bunch of mods from every Sims 3 website she found, then installed every one of them, and game went from working great to freezing every time screen has to reload. It has about 0.02 FPS right now.

I decided to remove all mods, deleted every one of Sims3Pack ones, then went to remove package files.

I had a Mods folder in D:\Program Files(86x)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 (Before anyone asks - It's not installed on C:\ drive, because the C:\ drive is on an 128GB SSD and I don't want to install stuff on it, while I have a 2TB HDD), but!

1. All the mods were from the older install and didn't work in game.

2. After removing them all nothing changed.

Mods folder had to be in My Documents. Well, there's none.

When clicking "Open Mods Folder" in TS3MH it just reinstalls the mod. (opens a window asking to overwrite).

PC specs if needed:

Intel i5-4670k 3,4GHz Processor

Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX760 2GB

8 GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 8.1 x64

Installed DLCs:

Ambitions, Late Night, Generations (Generations installed right before problems started, might try to uninstall it and see if everything works. It won't. EDIT: Uninstalled. Didn't help.)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:08 AM
Mods go into The Sims 3 folder in My Documents. The method in the Progam folder has been outdated for years.

This should help:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Make sure the mods are compatible with the patch level.

Sims3packs go into the Downloads folder and are then installed through the launcher.

Custom content in package format goes into the packages folder in the Mods folder.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:04 AM
Hm, I would search for any known file names, and if you get any results, clicking on them should open the containing folder. If that doesn't work, try installing a new package with the tool and see if it gives you any options for the location of the files. Whatever the default one is is probably the one that was used.