Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:19 PM
Default Burying the dead
Is there a way to bury Sims who die? I have a cemetery with no graves and I would like to add graves. In town building, I find no cemetery lot to add, and I am try to build an entirely new town so I can put stores and businesses where I want them.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:21 PM
I don't know if I understood you correctly, but you can drag graves from the lot the sim died into the Cemetery.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:46 PM
Depends if you want ghosts or not. For no ghosts, then you can use the "ctrl + shift + c" "testingcheatsenabled true", "ctrl + shift + c" "buydebug true" cheats to access plain graves.

For ghosts, first you need a mausoleum. You can either save a graveyard community lot from a prebuilt game, then go to your new town and it will be in the saved community lots so you can place it, or if you want to build your own graveyard, you can make the lot you want to be a graveyard a community lot and then go into build/buy for that lot and there will be a "community objects" section and in the community objects you'll find a mausoleum to place.

Once you have a mausoleum AND sims in your town have died, you can have a sim "manage the dead" at the mausoleum and then and drag the graves from the pop-up out into your graveyard. Then you have graves and ghosts from your townsfolk
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:48 AM
You have to create the graveyard yourself is it's a town you're building. Choose a lot, any lot is fine, and place a mausoleum there, and you'll get a graveyard. If you have sims who have died already, get one of living sims to take it to the graveyard
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luck2day
Is there a way to bury Sims who die? I have a cemetery with no graves and I would like to add graves. In town building, I find no cemetery lot to add, and I am try to build an entirely new town so I can put stores and businesses where I want them.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I found out you have to have the person die outside, and then carefully wait for the person to enter the headstone and before the headstone disappears, because it does in my game, I have to have a sim pick it up, but the time has to be just right or the headstone does disappear.

Now that I know that, I will be very careful with the timing. I do thank those of you who answered.
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:30 PM
Or if you have master controller, click on the computer: master ontroller - town - manage the dead