Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#601 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:01 AM
Okay, I tried the steps here
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...27&postcount=10
for the reinstall and crashing and burning that was mentioned in an earlier post, but for some reason I could only find one file in the registry that was supposed to be deleted. I really couldn't even find any old Sims 3 folders in Program files or My documents. It didn't help, needless to say, as I reinstalled (renamed the default directory to something else as well), did not patch the thing and did not install EADM.
It still failed pretty hard (sound stopped, froze up) but I did try it once with the sound completely off and graphics down horrifyingly low, and it worked for the most part. Didn't freeze up. Then slowly I increased the graphics and WHAM. Froze.

I HAVE updated my drivers for my video card, and yes, I got them from a reliable source.

What could be the problem? I've reinstalled countless times. I've updated my drivers and system. What else could manually uninstalling leave behind that conflicts with the new install, that can't be copied over?

For what it matters, it normally happens in CAS. I don't know if that makes a difference, but at this point, i'm open to any and all options. Please help, i'm not ready to wipe my computer clean just yet!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#602 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:36 AM
Noizchar, read back through the reinstall guide carefully. If you're missing removing the registry entries and game/user files then it's not going to work. I also included the registry cleaner since there seem to be registry files elsewhere that we've not located yet. If it still won't work after completing all of those steps then your problem is either with the game discs themselves or a computer problem.
Test Subject
#603 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:40 PM
I've got one for you

Since installing the patch, I am having in game issues. Namely, if I tell my sims to do something and they are in another room, they will not. They won't go to bed/work/eat/shower (they will use the bath though) the action icon just disappears straight away. Occasionally they get the blocked symbol over their heads but not always. I have to do 'go here' into the room I want, and then the action.

They also have trouble with other people's houses and seem to wander from door to door trying to find one to knock on - this is with and without front doors set. My guests (NPC's) are doing the same thing.

they also have trouble getting into community lots.
Test Subject
#604 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:54 PM
Related to the post above mine - I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the 1.27 patch, and when it goes to install it says "uploading to 1.4.6." Annnnd that's not what I wanted to happen. Is it just a default that it's going to update to the latest version now, regardless? I got the 1.27 patch from this thread, got the correct one for my OS and the online purchase of the game that I have... is there any way to get it to update to 1.27 and not jump ahead to 1.4? Or is it a lost cause?
Test Subject
#605 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 9:45 AM
I've scanned this thread and still not found any problem similar to mine. The official site wont even take a look (probably because of the thousands of other issues with this game) and I'm starting to get a bit frustraited. Whenever I try and install a patch, it tells me that there's a "file not found". I dont understand what is going on. My game version is 1.0.631. If it helps at all, I have a split drive, but I've tried installing it on both drives and it still has the same issue.

Any help would be great.

Dance until the sun comes up, take a moment to watch the sunrise, bask in its beauty and get back on your feet until the sun sets over the horizon once again.
Test Subject
#606 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:35 PM
hi everybody..i've followed the instuctions at the top of this thread,but i have the same problems as before.
I have updated the game at version 1.4.6(launcher),i've cut all my file packages and sims3packs,run the game but my sim keeps being stuck in the mail box,and is uncontrollable.i'm uninstalling and installing the game again and again,but nothing changes.
what should i do?
Alchemist
#607 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PinkLoveHammer
I've scanned this thread and still not found any problem similar to mine. The official site wont even take a look (probably because of the thousands of other issues with this game) and I'm starting to get a bit frustraited. Whenever I try and install a patch, it tells me that there's a "file not found". I dont understand what is going on. My game version is 1.0.631. If it helps at all, I have a split drive, but I've tried installing it on both drives and it still has the same issue.

Any help would be great.

Does it say which file was not found? You can replace certain files from the game disc to your HD by copying and pasting from the former to the latter. But you would have to know which file it is referring to.

Have you tried to do a fresh reinstall? That is the long way of replacing missing files.
Test Subject
#608 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 5:07 AM Last edited by iamnotatranny : 29th Sep 2009 at 5:26 AM.
Default Help
I have tried EVERYTHING (read several help forums and tried all their tips, followed instructions precisely, etc.) to get my CC to show up in my game and I still am having problems.

I can't locate the cache.package files. I would try and delete them, if I could find them. They are not in The Sims 3 root folder, which is where most help forums have said they would be located.

Also, could the 1.4.6 patch be what is preventing my CC from showing in the game? If so how do I correct this? I've tried installing one of the older patches and Getting extremely frustrated. So far I've only been able to see the cc i downloaded that was in a sim pack.

Could Windows Vista be causing these complications? That's my OS.

Please help? I'm sure this question has been asked before but after spending hours reading through 50+ pages on these forums word for word, nothing seems to work. I would really like to be able to do this without uninstalling and reinstalling my game.
Test Subject
#609 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 7:38 AM
to iamnotatranny:cache.package files are in user/my documents/electronic arts/the sims 3
hope this helps!
Test Subject
#610 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 1:57 AM
Today i was able to speak with an EA representative online i have found this very helpful and if anyone needs the website here it is http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...?p_sid=jE-8_gJj you can chat with a representative after you go to email us just choose your options and you will be given a choice of either posting a question or talking to a representative hope it helps cuz it did for me i am now getting help from a Senior Analyst from The Sims 3 yay ^_^
Test Subject
#611 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 9:52 AM
Thanks Ella and Clynnc! Sorry for being lazy XD
Test Subject
#612 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:42 AM
Back again :/
I uninstalled and reinstalled my game twice, I deleted all my mods, and when I reinstalled, they all appeared back in the folder again. This is driving me crazy, I really want to use my custom content! D:
Test Subject
#613 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 9:25 PM
Well I have just found out that The Sims 3 is being stupid and has changed some code according to a representative and now i guess custom content has to be changed to follow it so i am going to try to find what they have changed so that creators can continue creating and the items working but i guess to use custom content you have to be V1.3 or lower hope this helps
shiny!
retired moderator
#614 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 9:32 PM
killercpu - this has already been stated too many times to count, including in the very first post of this thread, which everyone here should have read and attempted the suggestions before posting. Some, but not all, cc stopped working after the patch. It will be up to individual creators to update their content to work. If this is what the issue is, people need to refer to the creators for support and not here. We cannot support third party content. Additionally, if people won't even read and attempt the suggestions already posted here we cannot possibly help you.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#615 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 2:43 PM
sammyoo, this does not sound like an issue with the patch – more like a file management problem. You don't mention that your game isn't working, only that you somehow find CC where it doesn't belong .. can you make a new post please? This thread is only for issues directly related to a patch.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#616 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:19 PM
I have a quick question; My custom content isn't working so I wanted to fix things and I'm hoping that installing the patches will help. But quick question:

Do you have to install all the patches, and do you have to install them in order? If so what is the correct order?

I'm not exactly sure if someone had already addressed this question, but I appreciate the help.

Plus: marbles ate my llama.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#617 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JSucre
If you want to really use it as a verification of looking at the first post you should bold the phrase as people will otherwise overlook it, especially those who are on Mac and are used to looking immediately for Mac tips.

It is to be used as an indicator that people read the whole first post before writing about their patching difficulties, because it just illustrates that when the wrong phrase is used, the poster had not read and tried the suggested steps up to the end of the post. Plus, new suggestions are added when they are known to work, so it pays to check the last update time before posting any help requests/questions.

Half (or most) of the problems posted on here are repeated questions with solutions already provided. It gets pretty tedious to repeat oneself over and over again after 25 pages, you know; just because people do not Read and Search.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#618 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indaykrystalx
Do you have to install all the patches, and do you have to install them in order? If so what is the correct order?

All of the patches do what they say in the filename. For example, "Sims3_1.4.6.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe" means it's going to patch an 1.0 game (i.e. the basic unpatched version) to 1.4.6, "Sims3_1.4.6.00002_from_1.2.7.00002.exe" will patch 1.2.7 to 1.4.6 and so on.

In other words, which patch you need depends on which game you already have. You can check this by looking at the version number in the bottom left edge of the Launcher. You're not going to need more than one – the different versions are just for different games.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#619 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 11:18 PM
At this point, everything that can possibly be tried is already in the post, and all the information has been in the thread multiple times.

I see no reason for this thread to stay open when all of the information and steps people need to follow are in the first post. Read it, do the steps in order, and you'll most likely find your problem solved.

Have a nice day.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread
Page 25 of 25