Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:32 AM
OK, I moved my mods folder and cache files pre-patch install and have tried renaming my Sims 3 folder in Documents. I wasn't running any core mods at all but had a bunch of custom content. I have no issues running the game but I have multiple buildings missing in Riverview. The lots are now renamed to something like World\Riverview\Science, World\Riverview\Criminal, etc. Several NPCs are renamed similarly. My mad scientist sim lost his job as a result and was standing on the empty lot chatting with his co-workers when I zoomed in on him. Sunset Valley seems to be okay.

Anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions on a fix?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM
I need help,the update stops because the file named Sims3GDF.dll is "invalid',I went to my game bin folder and replaced it with the one someone had available for download and it still doesn't work. I deleted the cache files and I have no mods,please help. :[
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:26 PM Last edited by jcnbc69 : 27th Jun 2009 at 5:51 PM. Reason: typed in original error message.
dfc-gorilla error
Hi everyone,

I'm also having the same problem. The launcher starts to download the update, then says invalid file gorilla then stops. Game will not update no matter what I do. I also cut my downloads out and pasted them to desktop to see if that would work but no. Sookielee did you get yours to update at all. I took out all downloads and tried again this is what I got.

at 77% a message pops up that says dfc-gorilla error, invalid file found.
update error: invalid file found.
I guess I to will have to uninstall game and reinstall to see if that will work to get the game to update.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:03 AM
How do I know if I have the US/English version of the game installed or the Worldwide? I'm guessing I have the US/English but want to make 100% sure.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#55 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:33 AM
If you bought it in the US , it would be US/English...more than likely.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM
Default Me Too
Quote: Originally posted by Sid Nitzerglobin
OK, I moved my mods folder and cache files pre-patch install and have tried renaming my Sims 3 folder in Documents. I wasn't running any core mods at all but had a bunch of custom content. I have no issues running the game but I have multiple buildings missing in Riverview. The lots are now renamed to something like World\Riverview\Science, World\Riverview\Criminal, etc. Several NPCs are renamed similarly. My mad scientist sim lost his job as a result and was standing on the empty lot chatting with his co-workers when I zoomed in on him. Sunset Valley seems to be okay.

Anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions on a fix?

I Too had the same problem. Had to delete Riverview and redown load. It happened three times and had to redownload as many because so much of that new content was missing..
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:33 PM Last edited by wtfkelsey : 28th Jun 2009 at 7:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jcnbc69
Hi everyone,

I'm also having the same problem. The launcher starts to download the update, then says invalid file gorilla then stops. Game will not update no matter what I do. I also cut my downloads out and pasted them to desktop to see if that would work but no. Sookielee did you get yours to update at all. I took out all downloads and tried again this is what I got.

at 77% a message pops up that says dfc-gorilla error, invalid file found.
update error: invalid file found.
I guess I to will have to uninstall game and reinstall to see if that will work to get the game to update.

I'm having this exact same problem. I temporarily removed my Mods folder and deleted all my caches but the update still refuses to stop crashing! I do have the censor remove hack and I don't know if that may be interfering with the installation. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall the game, especially if that doesn't fix the problem.. Anyone have an idea of what we can do besides re-installing?

UPDATE: I figured out a way to fix this 'gorilla' problem. At least, this worked for me. Apparently the censor removal hack is the problem and you need to restore the old file (game\bin\Shaders_Win32.precomp).

I found this on the TS3 forums and it's what helped me get it updated:

"This was my solution that worked for me, what ever file is getting the error, go into my computer, right click on the sims 3 icon which should be the CD, click open. Locate the file that was causing the error, copy it off the CD into the same folder it's in with the installed sims 3 (Pogram files > Electronic Arts > Sims 3) and over write it. Then try the patch again."

I hoped I helped!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:19 PM
after several times of getting an error, I unistalled but saved my games...I installed again, then installed the exe patch...and ran the game...then I put my mods back a couple at a time, patterns, then potty trainer etc....the only hack that cause a problem was the facialhack. I hope this helps some one...
Alchemist
#59 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
To combat the DCF-Gorilla error I was getting, I simply checked which file on the install of the patch was crashing it. Above the top progress bar, it tells you what file it's on, and if you crash then check the word(s) above the progress bar. That's the file that your patch hates.

In my case it was "skuversion.txt"... So, insert disc, find that file on disc, copy it and paste it into your game directory where it should be, pasting over the one in your game dir with the one you copied from the disc. Then run the patch again.

You don't need to go through a whole reinstall just to replace one file.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM Last edited by savio_araujo110 : 30th Jun 2009 at 9:54 PM. Reason: Add info of solved problem
After patching, I just tried to install a house I downloaded from here, and then when installing, it didn't go forward.. It stopped on the plumbob screen, and to close I have to ctrl+alt+del and then delete TS3.exe process. Does someone know why that happens, and maybe how to fix it?

EDIT:

just solved the problem.. I have to remove the updated AwesomeMod before installing anything through the launcher. x)
Test Subject
#61 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:28 AM
Everything works fine. Thanks for the advice. But I'm a bit shocked that you would dare touch the arms of my couch.
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM Last edited by Godofgame1st : 29th Jun 2009 at 11:48 AM.
help me I can't install the patch it says:
THIS UPDATE REQUIRES A DIFFERENT GAME REGION IN ORDER TO BE INSTALLED

i tried it with ENGLISH-US and WORLDWIDE

I'm the GOD so take a bow
Test Subject
#63 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:56 PM
Default It won't even download.
I'm using Windows Vista on a pretty new HP Touchsmart.
Every time I insert the Sims 3 disc (hard copy), the game launcher comes up, and a little dialogue prompt says something like, "A new software update is available for your game. Would you like to update?" I click OK. Nothing happens; the game launcher just closes, and I have to reinsert the disc to get it to come back up again. And it prompts me again, then if I click OK, it still closes. (If I click cancel, the game launcher remains.)

I tried going to the Game Updates tab of the launcher and updating from there, but the same thing happened. And my launcher says that I have the first version of the game, not 1.2.7.

So, how do you download the patch when it doesn't work from the launcher?

And, with all these reports of games needing to be reinstalled and such, I'm wondering if it's even worth it to download 1.2.7. The only reason I wanted it is to make speed 3 faster, but in your opinion, do the negative effects of downloading the patch overshadow the benefits?
Site Helper
#64 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Look at the beginning of this thread. There are some direct links to the US and worldwide patches in the first post.

If you need a different version (not US or worldwide), try changing the link to the appropriate number. You'll need to check which version you are currently running first.

For example, if you are running version 1.0.631.00007, then change the link from:
"http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.2.7.00001_from_1.0.631.00001.exe"
to:
"http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.2.7.00007_from_1.0.631.00007.exe"

Alternatively, you could skip the update message by running the game from TS3.exe, rather than from the launcher.
Test Subject
#65 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:27 PM
The Peggy replacement mesh causes the game to close without an error message, if anyone has been having trouble with that (like I did earlier). I'm not sure if this is the only one of the mods I have that causes this, as I haven't finished testing it out yet.
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Patch did absolutely nothing for me Still getting crashes where I have to hit the reset button to restart my computer, still having the music from the stereo or buy mode randomly go out within minutes of the game.
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM
Ok, my problem is a little different. I looked through the post and I didn't see it. In case I was blind and missed it , just let me know. But I can't get the patch to load because I loaded my game to a different drive(external) Not the default ( drive c) Is there any way to custom install the patch to where I have the game installed?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
I Too had the same problem. Had to delete Riverview and redown load. It happened three times and had to redownload as many because so much of that new content was missing..

Yeah, I wound up doing the same troubleshooting my issue but the buildings were still missing in my old save games after restoring them.

Wound up just starting a new game in Riverview, exporting all the missing buildings to the lot bin, and dumping new copies on the empty lots in my Riverview save game.

Sucks to have sims lose their career progress, but oh well. Could have been worse I spose.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by papa_di
Ok, my problem is a little different. I looked through the post and I didn't see it. In case I was blind and missed it , just let me know. But I can't get the patch to load because I loaded my game to a different drive(external) Not the default ( drive c) Is there any way to custom install the patch to where I have the game installed?

The patcher should pick up the location it was originally installed to (IE: non-default path shouldn't be an issue). Mine's installed nowhere close to the default path and auto patch seemed to work fine (aside from the disappearing buildings in Riverview).

If you're running Windows, make sure that the removable drive is picking up the same drive letter as it was originally assigned when TS3 was first installed. If not, you can change it back to that drive letter through My Computer\Manage\Disk Management .
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:50 AM
How do i Clear your scriptscache.packageand all that? and how do i get rid of the installer monkey helper thingy..
Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:13 AM
gerbilbabies I'd like to say thanks for posting the shader file! It helped me update my game. >_> I did however find out I did make my own backup but saved it on a different hard drive. No matter, you helped me out!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#72 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:55 AM
Thanks for the patch links hp! I was too afraid to let my game access the Internet for um..reasons...

did anyone else have a problem with the game speeds still not working? The patch installed succesfully but speed 2, 3 and 4 still don't do much =/

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:56 PM Last edited by red_dragons : 30th Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM.
My update stops with the gorilla message too, but its the "sims3launcher.exe" file causing the problem and it dont seem to be in the game\bin folder on the disc....

Well, in the end i decided to unistall and reinstall without the update. Stupid EA messed up yet again......

Conclusion:

EA need to get their finger out & NOT release patches before they have fully tested them. Obviously their testers were asleep on the job!

DONT install the update!!!

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM
My game is still crashing to desktop with no error messages. I save often in fear it will crash again but the game will sometimes crash while saving and I have to load a backup save game.

The game is unplayable like this, the patch did nothing!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gohan2091
My game is still crashing to desktop with no error messages. I save often in fear it will crash again but the game will sometimes crash while saving and I have to load a backup save game.

The game is unplayable like this, the patch did nothing!

I used to get that problem before the update and found out it was the drive with errors on. What i did was to force the pc to do disc error check on next bootup and also did a defrag of that drive. The game worked fine after that for me although it may not be the case for you......

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Locked thread
Page 3 of 25