Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:09 AM
Default violin recolor
Hi: I just made three nice recolors of the free time violin and when I go to the game and choose that violin, I don't see the recolors. I chose the maxis violin and using design tool all three colors are showing up but not in the catologe. does anybody have an idea?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:47 PM
Did you forget to move your recolor package into your downloads folder? I haven't done recolors in ages, sorry, I wouldn't know otherwise.

The queen of mean and baking.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InfinitesAreReal
Did you forget to move your recolor package into your downloads folder? I haven't done recolors in ages, sorry, I wouldn't know otherwise.
of course I did not forget that, otherwise I couldn't choose the three recolors. The thing that is not showing is the actual thumbnails when I point at the maxis violin. once I buy it,then I use design mode tool to change to my recolors no problem ,but the thumb nails are missing. This forum I'm afraid is kind of abandened it seems like.Thanks for help anyway.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:47 AM
I wonder if it's an item like the modular stairs that can inherently only be recolored with the design tool, and if so, if it is because it is made of different parts?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:11 AM
telefen - this is something I'm not all that familiar with. I do know that other creators have had, for example, windows that the recolors didn't work properly for. From what I recall the problem with those was the diagonal windows not being properly linked to the straight version.
Since you've done recolors of a Maxis object that doesn't have any slaves, I'm not sure if there's a problem with everything being linked properly or not. It may help if you post your recolors so someone can take a look at them. (Not sure if I'd be able to or not. Been having intermittent problems with my internet connection thanks to a faulty ethernet cable, so actually doing anything on the net - downloading, posting, everything - can be a pain in the rear.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
telefen - this is something I'm not all that familiar with. I do know that other creators have had, for example, windows that the recolors didn't work properly for. From what I recall the problem with those was the diagonal windows not being properly linked to the straight version.
Since you've done recolors of a Maxis object that doesn't have any slaves, I'm not sure if there's a problem with everything being linked properly or not. It may help if you post your recolors so someone can take a look at them. (Not sure if I'd be able to or not. Been having intermittent problems with my internet connection thanks to a faulty ethernet cable, so actually doing anything on the net - downloading, posting, everything - can be a pain in the rear.)
hey thanks- i already dummped the project, but maybe I'll retry again and I read somewhere if I press and hold control and right click on the item , it might regenerate the thumnails. either way, I was having a lots of trouble with my broadband and I had to mess a lot with it everytime I restarted my computer. I read an artikle about it and it fixed my internet permanently. You have to disable a lots of those features your ethernet is messing your connection with lots of echo crap and such and they are interfering with microsofts own system. your problem is in the ethernet option. You bring up the local area connection at the bottom right window and choose properties , configure,advanced and start diabling lots of those features one by one and test. I don't recall that page ,but he recommended to disabling almost all those features and I did and my gaming became much faster and internet problem disappeared. Those interfer with windows own functions.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:43 PM
Default solution
I think I found the answer to this problem here At this post Atavera mentions that the guitar recolor are not availble in the catologe like other items and so on just like the violin recolors I made and it must be something similar as they are both musical instruments.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:53 PM
If you delete cigen.package, I believe, from your save file folder (the one under my documents) I believe it regenerates the thumbnails (deleting anything from your savefile folder should be safe, unless it's in the neighborhoods folder). I'll try out a recolor (probably LACK recolors xD) of the violin and see if I come across any problems (and if it is impossible).

The queen of mean and baking.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM Last edited by telefen : 30th Sep 2014 at 8:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by InfinitesAreReal
If you delete cigen.package, I believe, from your save file folder (the one under my documents) I believe it regenerates the thumbnails (deleting anything from your savefile folder should be safe, unless it's in the neighborhoods folder). I'll try out a recolor (probably LACK recolors xD) of the violin and see if I come across any problems (and if it is impossible).
Hey look I found an answer in some old post which answers my wuestion and anybody else concerning the matter HERE read on when he says how to apply recolor and that is the answer to this problem. obviousely for some reason guitars,violin and gud knows what other instrument would act the same way. Maybe even the base guitar.