Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 12:51 AM
Default I feel really stupid. I am lost. I cannot find how to start body meshing.
I've got Ellacharm's tutorial, which can help with the meshing part.

But I cannot find ANYTHING about finding meshes, exporting meshes, importing meshes, and default replacement meshes...for clothing and CAS stuff.

None of the meshing tutorials on the wiki talk about it. I just cannot find it. It's gotta be out there, but I am at a loss as to where.

._.

halp
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 1:02 AM
It's all covered in the main CTU Guide.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...%20Guide#Meshes
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 1:01 AM Last edited by Claeric : 20th Feb 2010 at 1:42 AM.
I never ever would've thought to look there. I looked at CAS tutorials, Mesh tutorials, Meshing forum, CAS forum...I dont know why it isnt mentioned there.

So to make a default replacement, I simply DO NOT rename the mesh? And to make a cloned version for a specific object, I do?

ACtually, the ellacharm tutorial doesnt seem to be syncing up with what i have here, the CTU extracts...simgeoms...

is there just a plain ol' everyday clothing mesh tutorial out there? :\
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 8:43 AM
There is no TS3 clothing mesh tutorial yet, Claeric.

You can start with WesHowes tutorial here
http://www.customsims3.com/smf/inde...pic,1348.0.html
which will teach some basic stuff and read some of the Q&A there and here in the Caspart forum and in the GEOM plugin thread.

For the meshing part you can try the TS2 clothing meshing tutorials from HP and Tiggerypum. Much of that is still used in TS3 meshing.

Ellacharm's tutorial is more for meshing objects and that process is quite different from bodymeshing.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:57 AM
Yes, I learned to do CAS meshing from reading the Wes tutorial Cocomama mentioned above, and from reading HystericalParoxysm's TS3 Hair Meshing tutorial in the CAS Tutorials section here - unfortunately there were, and still are, no tutorials on CAS meshing, at least not on this site or anywhere else I've looked. I had to just do my best to apply what I learned in those two tutorials, and then learn everything else by trial and error - plus picking up bits and pieces here and there such as in the threads I posted in the CAS Parts Creation forum where I was given brilliant helpful advice on joint assignments for my butterfly wings and my servo. As Cocomama says, the TS2 meshing tutorials are also very useful for the Milkshape side of it (not for anything to do with the game, though, as TS2 and TS3 are coded completely differently) - that was how I learned about UV mapping.