Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:20 PM
Default Problem - Texture appears in-game wrong
Though I cannot post in the right forum (Object Creation), I created this thread in this section (maybe a kindly moderator could move this to the right section? ).

I've got the following issue:
I created a new mesh for an decorative object and an UV-Map for that. Then I cloned a package with SimPE and imported everything. After that I created a dds-Texture as DXT3, - I also tried DXT1 and DXT5 before and I changed tryed it with several sizes of the texture as 512x512, 256x256, 128x128 (the cloned object had 256x256) -, but in all ways the object appears right textured in SimPE, but completely wrong in-game:

The first picture shows how it appears in SimPE The second how it appears in-game.

The whole package is uploaded here:
http://www.file-upload.net/download...er.package.html

I don't know, what I've done wrong, so I hope someone more experienced can help me out with that.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 3:00 AM
You probably couldn't post because you didn't pick Meshing, Modding or Retexturing as your subforum. I've moved this thread to the Retexturing subforum.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 10:09 AM
Okay, after two weeks I engaged myself with this problem again.
First I thought, that the model could have too many faces, so I decimined them from 2900 to something about 500.
This didn't helped. But now, I just cloned another sculpture and imported my texture and model and now everything works like it should.
I don't know why, but as a "tiki"-clone it didn't work, as a "perfect sim"-clone it does.

Whatever. Problem Solved, thread can be closed