Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What color is the dress?
White and Gold
17 36.96%
Black and Blue
18 39.13%
Other
11 23.91%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 7:26 AM
It is blue-black, but see the light some people it differently.

(excuse me for my english please)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:37 AM
I see both, it keeps changing maybe now's a good time for sleep.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:36 AM
The actually dress is blue and black, come on...
Theorist
#30 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:21 PM
That picture is the work of Satin.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:38 PM
http://nyshadidntbreakit.tumblr.com...e-gold-whatever

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#32 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:09 PM
White and gold. People keep posting this on Facebook and all I ever see is white and gold.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 4:41 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 28th Feb 2015 at 5:41 PM.
The Dress Is Black and Blue in real life, It was confirmed on the last leg which was on last night, Adam Hills showed the real dress on the the program, then Josh Widdicombe said the dress was more famous than Adam Hills.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:27 PM
I have witnessed someone who was saying it was mostly white and gold but the low side of the dress was blue,that was the most interesting one I've heard
Field Researcher
#36 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:19 PM
The ostrich is pink obviously....
Instructor
#37 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:33 PM
Asked my boyfriend earlier and he says it changes for him. I feel like I'm going crazy for not seeing the black and blue.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
Is it bad that it has never looked white and gold to me?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 11:07 PM
I've always seen a very periwinkle colour and a dark chocolate colour. I honestly can't even slightly see white and gold!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:48 AM
Don't ask me. I thought I was normal until I took the Navy physical and they told me I was color blind.
#41 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 11:39 PM
....Just checked today and it's still the same. White and gold. Nothing wrong here.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Theorist
#42 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:31 PM
For me, it's not just a little bit blue and black, it's very blue and black. I can agree that the black portion looks brownish in spots due to light reflection if you analyze it by itself without looking at the whole picture, but I'm totally mind-boggled that anyone sees white in the blue parts.

My wife sees white & gold, and at first I thought she was shitting me. Actually, I thought she was pulling my leg for like 10-minutes. I even had to download the image and analyze with the Photoshop dropper tool to prove to myself that I'm not the crazy one. Fortunately, Photoshop agreed (that was before I Googled it and found out the dress is really black & blue).

Not even really sure how the scientific explanations work, because the background lighting isn't blue tinted, it's bright white. So much confuse.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#43 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:29 PM
That would make sense and is how most articles explain it, but for me the background looks all white with some hints of yellow, so I have trouble visualizing how it could be white in blue light since I see no blue light.
For example, in this pic:
http://i.imgur.com/ch39I.jpg
I can perceive the trolly panels as white, even though Photoshop dropper likely says it's literally blue. I think I see those as white just because the lighting is blue. I'm not sure how people are perceiving white when the surrounding lighting is not blue. That's interesting!

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
I saw white and gold, scrolled back up and saw black and blue. :\

The dress, in reality, is black and blue. I don't know if anyone has mentioned that yet or not.

EDIT: They have; and it seems I'm not the only one who had it change on me.

The same thing happen to me. I think I'm going crazy.
dodgy builder
#45 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Both answers are, technically, correct. The blue looks like a white in blue light. The brown/gold that a lot of people are seeing is from the black stripes getting too much exposure. The actual dress is blue and black. But the actual colors from the screenshot are a very light blue (almost white) with shades of brown that make the black look gold.

You're Sims players. You should fucking know how lighting makes a difference!

Think about how the same color hair/clothes/furniture/ can look like different colors in different Sims games with different lighting.

You made me look a bit closer and I see in the shadows under the jacket in the neck it's very dark, much darker than it just being a shadow I think. I've been playing around with lights and color so much and apparently the items themselves has no color, it's all in our eyes. It's like the magician really, how to play tricks on people. I'm going to stay inconclusive until I see the actual dress. I've been fooled before
#46 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 10:58 PM
Am I going crazy for only seeing white/light blue and gold?

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 11:22 PM
I am seeing black and blue, however I have seen the same image through facebook and it looked white and gold to me then.... strange!
Page 2 of 2