Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 4:54 PM
Default Problems with various objects
I have a couple of problems with some content I'm working on.

What can cause an object to have a grey ground shadow under it when placed? Ideally it would have no shadow at all.

I have a pizza that I cloned off another pizza and it still has the original pizza's textures. The package file has the new textures in it and the new package has it's own GUID and has had fix integrity done on it.

When I clone an object what do I have to do in order to make the recolours of the original object show up on the clone?

Finally, how do I update a custom food to work with all EPs?

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 10:44 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Sep 2018 at 2:18 PM.
Shadow - which object did you clone? Did you change the shadow texture? The shadow texture should be imported with DXT3 or 5, and be changed to ExtRaw8Bit (dropdown box to the left) before you commit and save. Also make sure the shadow texture is black with white/grey-toned parts where you want the shadow to be. In SimPE you can tick the "groundshadow" group before clicking "preview" to see how the groundshadow will look like.

If you want original recolors to show on the cloned object it must be slaved (repositoried) to the original object. Tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=229452 (not sure if this works for food, though)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 12:11 PM
Thanks. Tbh, I don't really need a shadow at all and the shadow texture is all black. It's a dollhouse shadow. I thought that would result in no shadow.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 5:41 PM
I usually delete the shadow from the mesh, TXMT, TXTR and SHPE if I want it to be fully gone. The 'black texture' method has come back to bite me a few times when I didn't do it properly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 4:49 AM
Fortunately, the ExtRaw8Bit worked. I never even knew that existed before. And with that tutorial I managed to slave my object too.

As for the pizza, I brokeded something. I'm making it again. XD And the foods seem to work without upgrading, so I'm crossing my fingers that they will stay like that.

Thanks again.