Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:10 AM
Default Mesh cause disfigurement...
I'm working on creating CC clothing for men from early 1800s. I was successful (i think) in creating a YA long coat which I was able to convert for teen & elders. (photo below)

I am having a difficult time creating a waist coat with an embedded vest. I'm not sure why the fingers become distorted. Can anyone explain why this happens. I use blender to modify in game CAS parts.

Also...
Is there an area for requests? I was hoping to ask for a little help in creating other historical CC clothes.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:03 AM
There is an area for requests...although every time someone wants to know it takes me forever to find the damn thing so it's no surprise that people ask. Maybe the inscrutable nature of the thread placement/findability is on purpose...lol.

Anyway, it's in the WCIF section and it's a sticky at the top here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=392614&page=1

I love the long coat by the way...it looks fantastic
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:09 AM
Thank You orangemittens! I completely forgot about the WCIF section. I'll head over there to see if anyone else is looking for more historical clothing or could possibly help me.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 4:14 AM
Just to clarify, there are no requests sections and requests are not allowed. THere is a thread where creators who take requests post and you contact them via pm. That is in WCIF and is stickied, which OM linked to.

I'd also recommend looking at the Content List in the wiki, also is stickied in WCIF. Many people are already building long lists for TS3 stuff.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:54 AM
That "flying appendage" usually occurs when you mess up the vertex count on a mesh and/or screw up the bone assignments. From the looks of it, you took an EA mesh and rescaled/shaped/stretched it to create the coat, correct? If so, during that process, you may have accidentally added or deleted a vertex causing the mesh to explode like that.

The best advice I have for this is to start over again, being careful not to change the vertex count.

Also, these threads may help you out as well:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=408344
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=404636

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:11 AM
Thank you daluved1! Your thread links are very helpful. I will reevaluate my mesh and work more carefully not to change the vertex count. I may have done this when I 'inverted' the bottom of EA jacket mesh and 'pulled out' the back.

Also, thank you HugeLunatic. Once I followed the link provided by orangemittens, I was able to surmise that it wasn't an official request thread, but a list of creators who take requests. I'm glad you clarified, just in case someone else happens to come across this thread and is unaware of the 'creators who take request thread'.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 11:23 AM
Since it's just that one vertex, it's also possible that you accidentally selected it when changing bone assignments - check that it's still assigned to the finger before you go starting again.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#8 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:33 PM
Lol...thanks for making it more clear than I did what that thread is...I guess I shouldn't assume everyone is literate or will read the first post before eagerly posting their own :P
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:45 PM
We all used to assume that OM... we learned the hard way .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#10 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:11 PM
I'll try to learn from your experience and not make that mistake again...you know what they say about assuming...lol. :P