Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:22 AM
Default Odd transparency on a hair
Ok, I've been working on this hair for one whole week, so I was quite irritated when an transparency issue occured. Look at the screenshot.

As you can see in the screenshots, my hair looks fuzzy and messed up, as if it were in front of a glass or a window (I saw a thread on mts about hairs getting blurry in front of windows). I have no idea why it does this, so if any body know how to fix this problem, please let me know.

P.S. I've used workshop to create this hair.
Screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Screenshot-37.jpg (64.0 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:25 AM
Have you tried Anubis260's tutorial on fixing transparency issues? It doesn't help with windows as far as I know... but it may well help there. It's looking very nice, btw.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Have you tried Anubis260's tutorial on fixing transparency issues? It doesn't help with windows as far as I know... but it may well help there. It's looking very nice, btw.

Yes...I looked at it too. I checked my mesh according to Anubis's tutorial, but I didn't find any odd 'blue lines' .

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Theorist
#4 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:31 AM
Try making your diffuse black and use that to check for transparency problems, they tend to blend in with the gray

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 3:36 AM
Thats look odd but funny at the same time :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 5:52 AM
Can it be that the tips of the hair in the alpha layer is to grey/pixelated? I hardly remember but a long time ago I had simmilar problems when i attempted to convert a hair.