Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 5:14 PM
Zoning and Texture-Flipping (TSRW and Maya)
Maya + Milkshape +TSRW =

When applying textures to my new Maya meshes in TSRW, the texture is upside down. Then when I flip the texture vertically it works fine in TSRW, but when I import it in the game the foot texture is on her neck, and the bottom half of the texture bleeds down her pants, and when I place my mouse over her shirt it selects her shoes. I hoped that flipping the skin and mask would fix that, but it just gets worse. I don't know if this means I have to flip her pants and her shoes too, or I have to turn the mesh upside down in Maya. I realize that most of my issues here come from my using Maya for the main meshing, but I'm wondering if anyone possibly knows how put textures in their rightful zone here so that I can make one freaking one sleeve shirt.

Any help or knowledge is much appreciated .
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 3:35 PM
On most 3D apllications you can flip the u/v texture coordinates the moment you import the file(like Poser en 3Dmax)
Dont you get a popup screen when importing in Maya?
Or flip the coordinates before/or when exporting from Maya?

You cant flip the texture itself in TSRW, messes things up.
Maybe Milkshape has the option to flip the u/v coordinates also.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 10:30 PM Last edited by clakell : 15th Nov 2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: update
It does have the option, and I just tried that. However, i can't export it out of Maya because it thinks I changed the vertex/face count when i compare it to the .mdat file.

UPDATE: I got my Maya mentor together and I manually flipped the UVs in maya. And no, for anyone trying to do this themselves, you cannot use the flip UVs menu option. You can use the flip uvs tool.
Anyway, that worked. i'll work on doing that with the one shoulder.