Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 1:09 AM
Default Help with UV mapping
I'm making a custom shoe and I'm trying to do the UV map for the platform. I cannot get it so that if I was using the checkered pattern the squares are all uniform. Is there a texture out there I can use to match it up with? If I made a checkered texture to use when I'm mapping would that work?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 1:14 AM
Shoes may be different than objects but when I'm mapping objects that's what I do. I bring in some kind of geometric pattern like checks and apply it to make sure things are mapped without distortion. This hasn't failed to allow me to get the mapping right.

Of course, this will not guarantee that every other kind of pattern will line up. Florals and etc., may still not line up between two parts mapped onto separate areas depending on where you have those items mapped. But as long as you're talking about a single part this should work.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 2:00 AM
About five minutes after I posted I reread what I asked, and realized I could easily make a checkered pattern. It worked. Thanks.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 1:00 PM
And dont forget to map the shoes in the correct area!
Here is Tig's pattern : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135136

By base1980 at 2010-06-10