Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 9:14 AM
Default Age converting clothes?
I hope I posted this in the right place?

I've searched high and low but somehow I can't seem to find a tutorial for converting clothes from different ages, like adult to child or child to toddler. Could someone please help me?
DB
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 9:24 AM
You're probably better off over in the CAS Parts area of the site, so I'll move your thread over there.

Converting clothes from one age to another is generally a process similar to making a full body/clothing mesh - just a matter of chopping pieces together, creating morphs, and so on. Usually, it's a better idea to just convert over the tiny few pieces that make the mesh look right (the puffed sleeves, or particularly rippled skirt, or whatever) rather than the whole thing, since the body shapes are so massively different. So if you're converting from adult to child, you'd use 99% of a child body, and just reshape it to look like the adult mesh, maybe adding a few tiny mesh parts from the adult mesh that you couldn't easily reshape from a child mesh.

If you're even moderately well-versed in creating new clothing/body meshes (which you should be before attempting an age conversion), all of this should be pretty familiar to you.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 3:21 PM
Male adult to child(Unisex) is possible by scaling the meshes.
Go here for the tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392850

You cant convert any meshes to toddler size as it is build diffrent(Mesh and uvmap/textures/skin etc)
You need to mesh em like HP descibed.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 5:37 PM
Thanks you two! That's really helpful and much appreciated. I've bookmarked your tutorial, thanks BloomsBase, I was hoping there was a way to scale the mesh down somehow. I was planning on converting some toddler meshes too though, so thanks for the help HP. I'll still have to do some practicing with meshing, but we'll see how far I get. First I have some other re-texturing projects that I have to try and finish though...was so proud of myeslf for figuring things out with that, LOL ...always getting ahead of myself...

Thanks again,
DB
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 6:02 PM
Oh wow! My first idea was to convert a hoodie mesh for toddlers and I just followed you to your site! There I found that little raincoat in your pic, similar idea, looks adorable! Thanks BloomsBase!
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:03 AM
Thank you
Was a very time consuming project...its build with parts of sims 2 and sims 3 meshes.
Banned
#7 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:04 AM
Does anyone have the proportions for converting adult clothes to teen clothes?
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
Does anyone have the proportions for converting adult clothes to teen clothes?

They are the same as far as i know, no need to scale.
They get scaled by the skeleton, not the mesh
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Thank you
Was a very time consuming project...its build with parts of sims 2 and sims 3 meshes.

I can just imagine, it must have taken ages, looks really complicated. Great job! I didn't even know you could combine or even use sims 2 meshes. Hmm...maybe I'll look into that too. Wonder if I'll ever be that skilled..or patient though, lol!
Banned
#10 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:57 PM

Well, I guess that makes and adult to teen conversion pretty easy! I really have not had the need or the desire to do it yet -- although I get a lot of requests to convert my adult stuff to teens. But some day I might actually fee inclined to do it.
Theorist
#11 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 10:34 PM

Could you clarify this? The mesh is the same (to my knowledge) but the morphs are different, if you go to CTU and just flip the checkbox then the morphs will be more extreme (adults can be fatter and more muscular)

Hi I'm Paul!
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Could you clarify this? The mesh is the same (to my knowledge) but the morphs are different, if you go to CTU and just flip the checkbox then the morphs will be more extreme (adults can be fatter and more muscular)

Like i said, no need to scale them.
The morphs are indeed diffrent and those you need to adjust but that wasn't TJ's question.