Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:51 AM
Default Seperation of head and body on a sim
Hi!

I need some help for an issue:

I made a full body and I made a modification on a shirt. Both are at here.

In my game, the clothing is looking fine but in the Jakincol's game, the neck is showing separated of the rest of the body (pictures below).

Clothong in my game

Clothing in Jakincol's game

Well, I had a problem with my game a couple of days ago so I had to uninstall and reinstall it and had to delete some CC (the clothing and the meshes was deleted too).

So, I would like if someone could download the clothing for to see if the thing with the neck is hapening in other games and if yes, what I can do to fix it.

Another problem is that I noticed an issue with the shirt's bottom need to be fixed and I can't open the .package in CTU to extract the meshes and fix it.

So, please, is there a way to open my cc .package to fix it?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 2:36 PM
Both meshes appear fine ingame(CAS) and in TSRW using the slidercheck.

Download Postal, open the package with it and extract the lod1 file(at the Hex tab)
You can open it with Wes H his GEOM plugin in Milkshape.
When fixed you can reimport it in the Hex tab again(dont forget to click commit before you save))

Edit,

I think i know wat the issue is here.
You have set the outfit also to elders and those use diffrent morphs then the adults.
Your screenshot is adult but Jakincol's is prolly a elder...
Not booting up the game again to check the elder but im 99% sure thats the problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:40 PM
Oh Bloom, thanks for now.

When you are sure about the issue, can you teach me what I'll have to do, please?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 10:48 PM
The neck issue is simple, open the package with CTU(or TSRW?) and untick the elder clothing category, then reupload it.(you can not use it for the elders)
I have not looked at the other one....bottom needs to be fixed?

Edit,
If you want your meshes back:
-download your files
-open them with Postal
-extract and save the lod1/2/3 mesh at the Hex tab(rename them to .simgeom instead of .geom)
-Reuse them with CTU
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:04 PM Last edited by monca533 : 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Oh Base, Thank you sooooooooooooo much! You are always saving my day!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

A question: For to make a useful clothing for elder, I would make another clothing using an elder clothing like base when I export the meshes? Can I use the acutal lods and textures and export them to CTU using an elder clothing like base?

"I have not looked at the other one....bottom needs to be fixed?"

The issue is not with the fullbody is with the shirt that is showing a little separated of the pants at the waist.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 2:09 AM
Bloom:
I got the fullbody!
I made another mesh from elder top and bottom nude, and I used the textures of the first fullbody.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
Bloom:
I got the fullbody!
I made another mesh from elder top and bottom nude, and I used the textures of the first fullbody.

Is this how you also made the adult male?

Dont think you can combine the top and bottom without doing the same with the 3 morphs....
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Is this how you also made the adult male?

Dont think you can combine the top and bottom without doing the same with the 3 morphs....

I extracted the 3 LODs of top nude and also bottom nude using TSRW, opened it in Milkshape:
- selected top and bottom group_base of LOD1;
- duplicated and renamed this selection;
- deleted the first top and bottom group_base;
- I made the same with all of the other top and bottom groups of the LODs 2 and 3.

I made this procedure for the fullbody which is at download section.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 10:53 AM
Have you tested the morphs?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
I extracted the 3 LODs of top nude and also bottom nude using TSRW, opened it in Milkshape:
- selected top and bottom group_base of LOD1;
- duplicated and renamed this selection;
- deleted the first top and bottom group_base;
- I made the same with all of the other top and bottom groups of the LODs 2 and 3.

I made this procedure for the fullbody which is at download section.

You can not combine meshes like that...your forgetting the morphs(fat/fit/thin and pregnant)
Try using the sliders in CAS.

Is this how you also made the adult?(im surprised it works with the sliders!!)
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Have you tested the morphs?

Whiterider: Yes, I tested.
I took some pictures of the body (Adult and Elder.)
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You can not combine meshes like that...your forgetting the morphs(fat/fit/thin and pregnant)
Try using the sliders in CAS.

Is this how you also made the adult?(im surprised it works with the sliders!!)

Blom, I'm sorry, I think I was not clear in my explanation.
I did the same procedure with all morphs.

I think it could work because the vertices on the bottom of top and the top of bottom are exactly the same.

Take a look at the pictures at post above.

Bloom and Whterider:

Thank you sooooooo much by all your help and patience with my questions and to spend your time helping people like me, that don't know nothing.
You always are helping us, giving an answer for our questions and doubts.

You both are wonderful!!!!
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 1:40 PM
Consider yourself lucky Monca, it often goes wrong when combining them.
The best way is to combine tops and bottoms in a outfit with 2 meshgroups

Quote:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=408803 You can NOT frenkenstein tops and bottoms and put both in one group.(without making new morphs for it, its asking for trouble) Its already discussed many times. If you want to frenkenstein read post 26 and use a outfit that has 2 meshgroups
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:43 PM
Yes Bloom, I know this. But, I didn't find a male full outfit which has 2 meshgroups.
Thank you very much again! :D
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 5:13 PM
There is one: but i cant remeber wich one....its a career fullbody outfit.

Edit,

You want the ambodyrepair
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:39 AM
Oh! Thank you!! It will be very useful!