Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#77 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 7:47 PM
I haven't heard that slang either but I'm from BC. Out here in the west, we don't even speak bloody french. And if you say "eh", your friends slap you : (

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#78 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 7:50 PM
Really? My ex was from BC, and he said "eh" all the time. Got me saying it too. Though he could well have been doing it deliberately just to make me look like an ass, I would have deserved it most of the time. L'enfer est les autres.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
Speaking of British vaginas, you can't forget 'Minge'.

When I lived over there, my former brother-in-law would start a Saturday night saying he wanted to get at a girl's 'fun bits', but after a night of drinking it inevitably turned into "Oi, who took all the f***** minge???".

He was like a poet.

Okay this guy sounds like someone who'd be awesome to drink with.
Alchemist
#80 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 8:03 PM

(You gotta ordr when drunk)

I come in peace
#81 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Really? My ex was from BC, and he said "eh" all the time. Got me saying it too. Though he could well have been doing it deliberately just to make me look like an ass, I would have deserved it most of the time. L'enfer est les autres.
How about "right"? It's used exactly the same as "eh", but the preference differs by region. A perfect example of its usage -- which is older in Canada than in the States -- would be "I know, right?".
Scholar
#82 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
I haven't heard that slang either but I'm from BC. Out here in the west, we don't even speak bloody french. And if you say "eh", your friends slap you : (

Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I'm a Canuck and never heard it, either.

It's been 15 years, so it might have just faded from common use. It might be regional too.

Or, it could just be the class of people I associated with...
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 3:01 PM

Scholar
#84 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 3:54 PM
Forum Resident
#85 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:22 PM

Scholar
#86 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 7:25 PM

Back on the poop theme:

Alchemist
#87 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 1:34 PM

I come in peace
#88 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 7:29 AM
Instructor
#89 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD

Huh, I'm from BC too, awesome. I use "eh" occasionally, but not very often.

And I've never heard anybody use the phrase "fucking the dog" either, for the record.
Page 4 of 4