Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2276 Old 1st May 2019 at 3:39 PM
I decided to do the runaway teen challenge but instead of creating a new teen, I just took my favorite sim, rolled him back to teen, twinned him, and used the twin (because the twin has no skills, no memories, no stats)

I didn't want to create more sims because it's kind of an addiction so I give townies makeovers now to feed my creative cravings

Anyway

This is Sterling Woodward, the teen, but since he's a runaway he looks a little rough, underweight and sickly. He also goes by his middle name, Sebastian, rather than Sterling, so people can't identify him as easily.

Because the challenge is next to impossible food-wise, I've had to kind of make my own rules. There are no harvestables for him to eat in the season I started in (Spring). There were no BBQ foods in neighborhoods, so since he has the klepto trait (for now) I had him 'steal' food from food vendors (Grabbing the food before the sim buying it), stealing from fridges in the gym, and any other theft. But now he's got his garden going and lots of harvestables, so I'm trying to follow the rules a little more. He can only eat what he grows and catches- fried fish on the fire pit. He's definitely just trying to survive. He also has the paranoid trait but when he ages up I'll change it to (INSANE) erratic to show his paranoia has evolved into something more.

He also adopted himself a stray dog.

He is dating Luna ... I will have him go through something no sim to this date has... a break up! He won't marry her. He'll be with her until late adulthood and then they'll break up. Seriously I've only had one divorce in my game and zero break ups. I'm too benevolent. lol

After he's close to aging to ADULT, I'll move him in as "Butler" (I will play him and not the family) and he'll continue his story there.

This is an alternate save file, so it's an alternate reality for Sterling, a different life and different time line. Guys. This safe file took 3 seconds to save. THREE SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2277 Old 1st May 2019 at 7:17 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 1st May 2019 at 7:18 PM. Reason: the usual typos
(So much creativity here! Thank you each and all for sharing and updating your stories!)

I moved one of my CAS families ( the Sizemores; widowed grandfather (Marcel), adult son (Bently) and his 3 children (triplet daughters) and adult single parent daughter (Clare) into a home I built for them in Newcrest. After Clare's toddler, Suzie. began elementary school Clare ( who had joined the military) was transfered to StrangerVille.

Seeing no need to rush solving the mystery Clare took a long time to at last get in there and take care of the problem. Her being lazy and hot headed made things a bit interesting. (Clare joined the military because the uniforms were 'cute' and it made her feel a bit special. Not the best career for a lazy Sim! She gave it up after being offered a spy type job. A job that also makes her feel a bit special.)

Clare became a Garden Gnomes Club member with the idea of hosting meetings at her home. Clever way for a lazy Sim to get others to do her gardening! And then she recruited 2 of the members along with the fella living under the crashed airplane to help with ending the infection menace.

Along the way I enjoyed seeing her daughter Suzie grow up. Clare came from a close Family whose members often visit back and forth. While suzie was a child her mother did not worry about her as children and teens appear to be immune. However, some time after Suzie became a a teen her mother decided that Suzie would be safer living with her Uncle and cousins.

Clare is now the hero of Stangetown sharing her home with another elder lady. To continue my story I've moved my young adult CAS Sim, Patricia, into Strangerville. She just so happens to be a freelance botanist with a keen interest in the strange plants that once infected many of the towns folk. Snooping around in the abandoned secret lab she found a few mysterious seed packets.

Patricia, after talking with many of the StrangerVille Sims, is now even more determined to get past that locked door in the Secret Lab. (She has become friends with Town Hero, Clare Sizemore as well as with a few of the Conspiracy Theorists)
Field Researcher
#2278 Old 2nd May 2019 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
Clare is now the hero of Stangetown sharing her home with another elder lady.

I've got to ask, does or did your hero lady get rotten fish and rotten muffins in the mail from "fans" as a thank you for her heroism? Could she ever tell other sims that she saved them without them up and leaving the conversation? Because I'm wondering if there's a bug in my game, or if that happens to everyone. (Those Strangeville sims, so ungrateful - save yourselves next time. XP)
Scholar
#2279 Old 2nd May 2019 at 7:41 AM
Sterling aka Sebastian is doing pretty well. He's now got enough harvestables that he's able to be independent. But that didnt stop him from stealing the burger from a vendor at the Geek Con.

He also had enough money to build a small shelter. It's big enough for bed, wall book shelf, sink, toilet, (they are not in a separate room, but rather in one room), that floor mattress 'chair', and a derelict TV that he can't even watch because = no electricity.

He spends most of his time with his best pal and companion, Potsie, the chesapeake bay retriever. He also enjoys outings with his girlfriend Luna and considers himself lucky considering where he comes from. He's living in a shack, on the lam, in a secluded area of Brindleton Bay, while she lives in a big house on the Island of Windenburg. His reputation is shady because he's been caught stealing, but he's working on getting better at it.

Eventually I'll use reward traits to rid him of his kleptomania and make him probably 'neat', for his new position as a future butler. I mean, people grow up. People can change.
Mad Poster
#2280 Old 3rd May 2019 at 9:09 PM
Oh. I actually like the grungy look of Sebastian's little shack. TS4 needs more of that when everything we have so far is so bright and colorful, it's almost vomit inducing. One of the reasons I miss TS3's aesthetics.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2281 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Oh. I actually like the grungy look of Sebastian's little shack. TS4 needs more of that when everything we have so far is so bright and colorful, it's almost vomit inducing. One of the reasons I miss TS3's aesthetics.

Oh I hear you! I love grunge stuff in the sims! That's why I was so happy for some of the grunge in the Vampires pack (cracks in walls, holes in walls, cobwebs), even though I hate vampires. And I was thrilled with some of the grungy looking stuff in Strangerville. But yes! More grunge!!

Speaking of Sterling (Sebastian)

He's been on his own and doing really well, for a while now. He's put on a healthy amount of weight now that he's eating properly and working out a bit. He's still slim, but he's not so gaunt anymore. He even sprouted a little more chest hair! He's got plenty of harvestables and fish to keep him going. He's struggling to be responsible, since he doesn't go to school. When he fell into the irresponsible trait, his relationship with his girlfriend actually suffered! Even though Sterling is a petty thief, he's restored his reputation to neutral. He's not a bad kid, he's just trying to survive out there in a hard life.

He did suffer a bit of a set back. He came down with llama flu for 3 days (Slice of Life) and just couldn't shake it. Spent most of the time sleeping and relaxing in general. But he's back on his feet again and trying to better himself.

He wish his dog would stop drinking from the toilet. He can't flush it without running water and it's not exactly clean...

Mad Poster
#2282 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:16 AM
Ugh. The Llama flu. Cassandra came down with that right before the wedding. Thank god for impromptu doctor vists.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2283 Old 4th May 2019 at 3:13 AM
Yeah I gotta put Explore in my game. I don't think he can really go to the doctors though, he's not supposed to talk to adults.
Field Researcher
#2284 Old 8th May 2019 at 9:12 AM
Was a little too stunned to remember to screenshot this unfortunately (pretty sure I could have gotten at least one funny pic out of it), but, well... just got Seasons and had my little sim family go through the X-mas celebration. All in all surprisingly fun, though I had a bit of difficulty figuring out the decorating bit, but anyways, pretty much a nice time and a success for the simmies. Then Father Christmas shows up - naked. Pretty sure the game has something like four different outfits to chance between, but no, this guy - Clement - is naked. I had my sims quickly greet, chat and say goodbye to him, thinking I'd get the streaking old guy out of the house (kind of gives the family holiday and odd vibe, you know?), but nuo. Of course not. He hangs around for hours, eating all the leftovers (sorry junior, you're not getting that for school lunch after all), hogging the tv and just generally embarrassing the family. He scampered off once my sims went to bed, and THEN he puts on the outfit - when he LEAVES! Why?
...the weirdness of my game I swear.
Scholar
#2285 Old 8th May 2019 at 11:13 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 9th May 2019 at 3:28 AM.
Sterling was caught by his girlfriend stealing. She wasn't impressed, and they fought. He only stole one more time after this happened. He's earning enough money from his harvestables that he shouldnt really have to resort to theft.

Sterling aged up to young adult, as did Luna, and they fought over his lack of employment, and parenting. They're married for a while now, but things have been less stable lately. They've grown up, and apart. Maybe they got married too young. But Luna is materialistic now and she tires of living in such a shack. Sterling argues that things are kept clean (he's Neat), that there is heating, electricity and water, what more could she want? She demanded he get a job, so he conceded and entered the gardening career.

I had only planned for them to have one baby. But two happened. I still want him to work as a butler with a family, but he'll need his own residence for himself and his children (and they can't enter the main house). Or maybe his mother can move in with the children while he works as a butler. I don't know yet. (Sterling was a runaway teen but he's at the age now that he can reconcile with at least one of his parents)

With his son, Blake. Daughter is Paige.

But what to do with Luna? Will she be unfaithful (tired of her squalid life?) or will she die under unfortunate circumstances ? (IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION SEND IT MY WAY)
Test Subject
#2286 Old 10th May 2019 at 11:26 AM
I decided to try out the Newcrest Legacy challenge. My founder is on the last stage of completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration. But, her SO's sister showed up and woke her up during the night just before Love Day...to drink her blood. Naturally, my founder locked the front door for non household members. In spite of the holiday, she is considering to break up with Caleb for the safety of herself and their child.

Scholar
#2287 Old 10th May 2019 at 11:00 PM
Sterling has suffered the unbearable loss of his teenage sweetheart and wife, Luna. Being childish, she just became hysterical with laughter, and died. It's true, she had flirted with another man, but nothing had happened beyond that, and in fact, Sterling was working hard on strengthening their marriage. And things were going really well, too. They were getting closer again. But then the unimaginable happened and he's alone.

Although Sterling was a runaway teen, as a young adult, his mother was aware of his location, and his life. (Moms know everything hello) So when she heard of Sterlings loss, she moved in with him to help him with the children.

Sterling was not running away from his mother, they had always been close.

A few other family members Sterling hadn't seen since he was 14 came to show support, including Luna (Although she's always been there). Luna and Sterling woohood but she encouraged him to move on with his life and not be afraid to fall in love again.

Field Researcher
#2288 Old 29th May 2019 at 6:27 AM
Had an urge to play toddlers the other day and created a small household of one adult and one toddler (messed something up in the process so they aren't, to my surprise, mother and daughter but roommates -?- but I figure that doesn't matter so much since I can just have her be the parental figure anyway) in a small home with a low level income. Having no skills from the get-go it was a struggle for my mom sim, but it worked out and things were getting good. Then came winterfest (and I tried to make sure that Father Christmas wouldn't show up, given what happened last time I had a family holiday in my game) and I dumped a few things temporarily so that they could have a tree and gifts.
Well, the adult sim was decorating the tree while baby girl was dancing and playing in the same room, and they were chatting on and off during it.... when my sim did this sort of half-straightening up from where she's bent a bit over (doing the decorations I guess) and stares towards me with a priceless expression. I checked what was going on, and apparently the toddler was asking a question - what I do not know, but it must have been a doozy. My sim ended up with one of those OMG THIS TODDLER IS SO CUTE moodlets (yeah, they're not called that, I can't recall what but you get it) afterwards, so... heh.

Also this little family of two is plagued by random visitors literally standing on their doorstep at all hours, including the middle of the night (in rain, wind or snow), being all creepy, and they're far from all vampires. Had my sim go out and shoo away one that looked like she was about to die from frostbite once, and she also went out to chat with two vampire visitors one time for no apparent reason, during which I got this funny picture - she's talking to a female vampire, the usual "eye" contact. Then the vamp decides to go home, only she first turns into a bat before she goes. So my sim remains standing right in front of her, keeping eye contact with the bat. Is she saying goodbye or something? XP
Screenshots
Scholar
#2289 Old 30th May 2019 at 12:56 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 30th May 2019 at 4:15 AM.
WHERE TO START.

Last time I posted, Luna had died. She encouraged him to start dating again and to not be afraid to fall in love again. And so he did. He met and fell in love with Penny Pizzazz. They started dating, and a few weeks into this new relationship, she discovered she was pregnant. A son, Lewis, was born. But Penny was not prepared to move into Sterling's shack with him, and he had no interest in moving into the busy city of San Myshuno with his 2 children he had with Luna. So they remained dating, but living separate. Sterling would visit his son, Lewis as often as possible and would spend most weekends with them.

But Sterling was visited by the ghost of Luna. Curious about what it would be like, and not over the loss of her, they woohood. Several times. The next time he would see her, she was pregnant. (Apparently this is only possible with a specific mod, heh) So he asked her to move in. About the time Luna was giving birth, his mother died, so the joy of having a new baby girl (Mikaela) was overshadowed by this grief.

Sterling deeply regretted the pain his actions would cause, but he had no other choice, he broke up with Penny, because there was just no hiding the fact that he suddenly was father to another baby. Breaking up with her was the hardest thing he ever had to do, and he was afraid that he might not ever see his son again.

For TWO years Luna lived with Sterling, raising their baby. When she was about 3 (THE BABY), Luna got up one morning, kissed Sterling, hugged the children, and returned to the netherworld, never to be seen again. Sterling was shocked and devastated, but now he was free to move on. Things with Penny were amicable. They remained friends and she insisted Sterling still be a part of his son's life. After some time had passed, their romance slowly built up (With her initiating the relationship) until they became a couple again. THIS TIME, Penny moved in with Sterling, and he was overjoyed to have his son join the family.

Sterling and Penny were eventually married and had one more (last) baby, Rhiannon. The joy of this was overshadowed when Sterlings faithful dog, Potsie, died of old age, but now he's got has five kids and loving wife at his side, so he's pretty content.

Field Researcher
#2290 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 4:57 AM
A quick update on my single mom sim and her not-actually daughter, because I found this weird and hilarious: baby girl grew up to be the most adorable and pretty little girl, so precious that I was half tempted to keep her that way, and all was well. Then it was time for the teenage years, and she aged up into quite a pretty semi adult as well. BUT - here's two things that went oddly: I didn't realise it until later, but I actually didn't get to pick traits for her at either birthday, she just aged up and that was it, and also, while she had a normal voice as a toddler and a child, once she turned teen my little simmie ended up with a deep-pitched MALE VOICE. WHY?
Scholar
#2291 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ry�chan
A quick update on my single mom sim and her not-actually daughter, because I found this weird and hilarious: baby girl grew up to be the most adorable and pretty little girl, so precious that I was half tempted to keep her that way, and all was well. Then it was time for the teenage years, and she aged up into quite a pretty semi adult as well. BUT - here's two things that went oddly: I didn't realise it until later, but I actually didn't get to pick traits for her at either birthday, she just aged up and that was it, and also, while she had a normal voice as a toddler and a child, once she turned teen my little simmie ended up with a deep-pitched MALE VOICE. WHY?

I had this happen to me too.. the voice issue..
you can turn testingcheats on, cas.fulleditmode and shift click on her to take her into CAS
there you would be able to add her missing trait and change her voice to a feminine one.
Scholar
#2292 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:16 AM
Sterling is now an adult. Not quite at the top of his career as a florist, but close. His wife is the same, level 9 of the social media career. They have five children total, 2 are now teens, Paige and Blake. Lewis will soon be a teen. Paige is dating Alexander Goth, and Blake is dating Elsa Bjergsen.

He was finally able to save some money to take the family to a summer camping trip. Sterling isn't a rich man, but he feels like one. Surrounded by his five beautiful children (and his wife Penny not pictured), he wants for nothing.

Field Researcher
#2293 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 5:57 AM
So I have been watching Single Girl 100 baby challenge for a bit, and (along with actually enjoying the little mother-daughter family I've been playing recently) it got me interested in trying out a modified version of the challenge for myself. (Modified because I'm not taking out various mods from my game just to play this, so... for instance I have an increased starter sum mod, so my matriarch started out with 50 000 simoleons rather than the 25) And, yeah... yeah. Ho hum.

Got a separate save, went in and changed every sim in it to be able to "father" the babies before I started up, and then made my matriarch... only to find that, for the first and possibly only time EVER in Sims 4, I have a sim that was darn near impossible to get pregnant.
I tried, oh how I tried - she racked up charisma points like nobody's business and have romantic relationships coming out of her ears by now, but still, several days in and no pregnancy. She read parenting books in the downtime, learned some cooking and fitness, and got going on her writing career - but no babies. So I caved in and gave her the fertile trait and tried again. Nope, no babies. (And, again, I've NEVER had to keep trying in order to get my sims pregnant before) Looked over my MCCC settings to see if I'd somehow changed something there without realising it, but no, nothing. So I went over lot traits and added the twin thing there as well (as well as the good schools and quick learning for children and toddlers), and FINALLY my sim got pregnant.

(After this there has been no issue, she has gotten pregnant every time so far, though I'm only up to 10 kids right now)

Whew, that was way too much work for something I hadn't expected, that's for sure, and now came what I expected to be the hard part: toddlers. And oh yes, it is hard, at least until the first couple of kiddies are up to teen and can help out. But wow, even with that lot trait, the tools and mommy sim training them, the kiddies sure learn at a snail's pace. Was it always this slow? I don't think so... it seems these kiddies learn and learn and learn, but those bars never move and the points just don't go up.
Ugh. Not sure if I'll be able to stick to this for a 100 babies if I'm this frustrated and fed up with the slowness of the kiddies learning only 10 babies in. (And ugh, ALL the toddlers freak out over the now constant thunderstorms too, and won't be cheered or soothed or calmed to the point of not crying - seriously, if I had a mod for no toddler reaction to weather I'd use it at this point :P)
Summary? Don't go 100 baby challenge folks. It will drive you insane.
Scholar
#2294 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 4:15 AM
Don and Dina got married. Katrina had another baby even as an elder. Don had an affair with Etta Richards, apparently while at work because they have the same career. They have a son. (She did not know him in her relationship panel. I had to cheat to fix that. Her son Makenzie did know him.) The Landgraab elders died. Malcolm is having a fling with my town bicycle Amy. Bella is pregnant.

This all happened off camera in the background as I played other Sims. As a Sims 1 and 2 player....this is strange lol

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
#2295 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 10:23 AM
Just got back in the game after a long while. New world, heavily rotational. 300% bills and rent, 10% skill rate for currently active household and no skill gain for currently inactive sims. Plus a couple other mods both for realism and to further increase the cost of living. The idea was to begin with just this and then go adding more and weirder mods as rotational cycles go by. But right now I doubt anyone is going to survive long enough to get bullied by gangs and devoured by actually dangerous vampires.

The good part is that poverty now actually exists, with working class sims eking hand-to-mouth existences while breaking their backs to barely make ends meet in their run-down starter homes. The bad part is that obviously sim-world wasn't ready for such a complete economic collapse, and townie families are collapsing left and right with no end in sight. So, long story short, poverty now actually exists. Yay! But soon only poverty will remain. Boo!

I haven't had so much fun with this game since that time I tried the "Survivor House" mod in the same world I was making sure all dead sims were receiving proper "funeral rites" at regular intervals so that no ghost would ever disappear, and as all "Serial Killer" sims killed during the "survivor house" event obviously weren't alive at the end for the mod to remove their status as serial killers I ended up with a plague of murderous ghosts in a world with simply so many ghosts it was impossible for me to remember which had been killed when and how in order to actually destroy the graves of the serial killers.
Scholar
#2296 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 3:12 AM
Sterlings son Lewis aged to teen and he's unique looking.

Gotta love that Dread-hawk! Lewis is ultra chubby but he's going to work on it. Dunno why but all of Sterlings kids have been on the chubby side. I plan to set up Lewis with Olivia-Spencer-Kim-Lewis because I love her.

Sterling decided to experiment with plants and have a little fun:

Except jokes on him, it's been raining all day in Windenburg so he can't get any sun (he kept running around trying to find it!!!), so I am having him spend at least TODAY at Oasis springs park to soak up that sunshine. Seems to be having a good time.
Forum Resident
#2297 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 12:39 AM
I have a date finder in my game from little miss sam this happened today https://imgur.com/rawPpE1
Test Subject
#2298 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 5:54 AM Last edited by ferckast : 13th Jun 2019 at 3:43 PM.
I'm doing the 100 baby challenge in my current save game. My matriarch, Krystal, has 23 kids currently and is expecting more. In the last two sets of twins, the cribs have been side by side to make the most of the room space. Without fail, the first one ages up and notices the second crib and realizes they have a sibling...and their first 4 hours as a toddler are sad as that realization hits them.

I just can't help but laugh while figuring out how they didn't realize they had a sibling when they've been crying buddies for 3 days straight.

(Krystal with her latest toddlers, Gerald and Kaitlyn)
Field Researcher
#2299 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ferckast
I'm doing the 100 baby challenge in my current save game. My matriarch, Krystal, has 23 kids currently and is expecting more. In the last two sets of twins, the cribs have been side by side to make the most of the room space. Without fail, the first one ages up and notices the second crib and realizes they have a sibling...and their first 4 hours as a toddler are sad as that realization hits them.

I just can't help but laugh while figuring out how they didn't realize they had a sibling when they've been crying buddies for 3 days straight.

(Krystal with her latest toddlers, Gerald and Kaitlyn)

I'm on baby 37 in my 100 baby challenge so far and this happens a lot. XD Indeed, born together, in the cribs side by side... and suddenly they're surprised to have siblings? But I'm wondering more about why all kids in this game seem to get this sad reaction to a new sibling (even when the sibling isn't "new" and they've certainly both heard and seen the baby before) - is NO sim child ever happy about it? Or at least just, you know, meh? Why do they keep wanting to cry about it? (You have 30+ other siblings kiddo, one or two more isn't something for you to cry about XP)
But then again I'm still gnashing my teeth a bit over how they'll all drop everything and freak out over weather - every. single. time. You'd think that if they're inside the house, doing something and having something else in que, they'd not notice the first snowfall (good grief simmie, you've had how many "first snow" now? Give it a rest), or not get that scared over the thunder.
Lab Assistant
#2300 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 6:10 AM
So I created a self sim with the paranoid, erratic, and loner traits to complete the Strangerville quest. Which was extremely fun. I decided she was obsessed with aliens, so after the quest was finished, she became a scientist. On the weekends, she explored rumors of ancient aliens in the ruins of Selvadora. Once she got high enough in the science career and invented the satellite, she started getting abducted and wound up pregnant (thank you mccc lol). So she had an alien baby, travelled to Sixam to party with aliens, and invented the cloning machine. Her clone was evil and romantic and self centered, and obsessed with vampires. She left after stealing a ton of my scientists expensive archaeological finds, and set herself up in forgotten hollow where she seduced the the count, got turned, and married him. She's currently feeding on/seducing half the town and has moved her two favorite blood banks, er, girlfriends, into the house with her husband. (The Behr sisters). My scientist sim was convinced she could do this cloning thing right, so she tried one more time and produced a bookworm sim who loves the outdoors and is a foodie. This sims dream is to open her own bakery bookstore. She's in the process of completing her garden and working her way up the chef career track.
So I have an alien baby, soon to have a vampire baby, and I'm wondering is there a way to get a plantsim baby? Any mods for that?
Page 92 of 104