Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:18 AM
I've been messing with Sim PE and this tutorial and have been quite successful (for a complete beginner). As I was working on a skinset, though, I stupidly closed the packed files window and now I can't figure out how to open it again! You may ask yourself how a person could have this problem, but it's true. Please, can anyone tell me how to get the packed files window back so I can finish my project?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#77 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 10:09 AM
You closed the packed files window?? I'm using SimPE v. 0.58, and I don't have the option to close that one. O_o
You can still take a look at the window drop-down menu, here's where you can make a view hide or show; and if this doesn't work, you can change the style of the interface, I messed up once and using the classic style fixed things.

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Test Subject
#78 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 8:10 PM
yay, I figured it out. I never would have without your suggestions though. While I was trying to figure out how to change the style I came across the "reset layout" button in the SimPE settings Thanks for your help and the quick reply
Instructor
#79 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 3:15 PM
Thank you! This tutorial is very helpful!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:21 AM
Thanks for making it downloadable with pics included. I'm a visual learner. If I have any more questions. I'll be posting like crazy in forums from the SimPE, here on MTS2 & over on Insimenator. These two sites are my prize possession of gleaning sites.

Hello, my name is DeBRA; I'm a sims addict, I can change if I have to I guess, but I don't wanna. My alias' are MsMacDugle, Bornagainmommabear, bornagainmomma, fairyqueen1317, etc...
Test Subject
#81 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 1:46 AM
Default Unimesh Nude Tutorial
Awesome tutorial,many thanks. One problem.
Is there any way somone could post a tutorial for creating a custom nude mesh using a full body mesh from Bodyshop (such as afbodyswimwear) using the Unimesh plugin? I tried finding the BodyChop plugin and it has been replace by the Unimesh. I believe I could link it to a skintone, but I don't understand how to divide the Full Body Mesh and then to replace it with the top and bottom files. Please help!!!!!

Or maybe a tutorial showing how to modify a nudetop and nudebottom and then link them to a skintone.

I am new at this. One month.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#82 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 2:18 AM
tnm, if you _do_ the 3 unimesh tutorials as written, then you can be given instruction to successfully cut apart a mesh and you'll know the various steps (when summarized) to make your new top and bottom. As the question in the main forum (not in a tutorial thread) once you're at that point.

The tutorials will go through all the different aspects of unimesh (and happen to have a project). Once you've done them, we'll have common language to explain the specifics for your project.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 10:21 PM
Hi!

I've got a question (as a rookie). I have a problem, when a sim with a custom skintone goes to naked, her body disapears. only her head is visible (no, not blur, I1m not so rookie :o) ). with non-custom skintone everthg OK. This tutorial good for me to solve the problem?

Thx!
Instructor
Original Poster
#84 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 9:16 AM
Extrasecret, this would happen with a skintone linked to a different body than the maxis default one if you don't have the the mesh for it; the skin texture calls a mesh that the game can't find.
This tutorial is of no use to fix this issue unless you want to link the skin to the Maxis defaults; you'd be more lucky by going back to where you downloaded the custom skintone to check for either a separate mesh download or a link to where you could find it. Most of the mesh-linked skintones will give some indication of the body shape used when hovering the pointer over the thumbnail.

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:24 AM
Thx a lot! I'll try!
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:24 AM
Still lost with top/bottom custom body mesh
I have been working on several meshes over the past few weeks and have got quite far using the wonderful tutorials, thank you

I am still stuck bigtime on creating the skin color to link to my custom mesh and have done many experimental tutorials to try not to ask for any help, but I am at my wits end

The mesh I created is a full body mesh, both with slim/fatboy. I fail to figure out step-by-step a tutorial that would create a top/bottom mesh from this using Milkshape/Unimesh, and utilize it from there to link the custom skin tone.

If I understand it right, I need to do this to make the nude mesh skin tone show the correct mesh with a top/bottom.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#87 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:20 AM
Brewster - you are correct you must create a top and bottom nude mesh for the bodytype you have made. The game doesn't use the full body nude mesh for nudes, who knows why.

In short, start a unimesh project with a top mesh (you know, a top from the game) of the correct age/gender.
Now import your full body mesh.
Cut away the bottom half.
Rename the group from body to 'top' or whatever the original is called and copy the comments from the original to your new top.
Save your milkshape file for safekeeping
Delete the original top.
Export, and put it into a mesh you made by making a TOP.

Repeat the same procedure for a BOTTOM mesh. Make sure when you delete the top half that your two 'half' meshes will form a whole one. That's it.

*** if your mesh has fat morphs, do the right thing so that your fat morphs are also in and named correctly with the correct comments, etc.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Brewster : 23rd May 2007 at 7:38 AM.
Oh ok thats a little more clear What about the l_wrist joint and the rest of the joints listed (skeleton structure). Do I leave that alone when I remove the mesh sections? Hmm... looking at it while I write this... I dont even see how you can even remove skeleton pieces heh...the clear button doesnt do anything.

edit 1: looking at it again, I left the skeleton structure there since that is what the top and bottom thingies have. Although what is weird was when I checked out my new simpe/5gd milkshape files after the export, the fatboy parts were missing...which is ok I guess since I am not modding that part anyway /shrug

edit 2: after very very slowly going threw what you mentioned to comprehend it, then the tutorial, I finally managed to get a working skintone to my custom mesh. There is a faint line though that I can tell where the top meets the bottom but I am probably only noticing it now since I am looking for it, probably normal. I did notice though that the teen materials have 3 bottoms, unlike the adult that has 2 that you stated. It was a good thing I double checked every step THANK YOU SO MUCH! (all in all took me from 9pm till 2am)

edit 3: I checked it out in game and since the fatboy mesh isnt there, the characters only have a head cant seem to figure out why it doesnt save the fatboy mesh too.

edit 4: I figured why, the comment I had in milkshape was not correct /bonk self
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 6:45 PM
Thanks marvine and tiggerypum for all your help you two are great!!!!!
Test Subject
#90 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:17 PM
I got really tired of the Servo look so I decided to make myself Androids, using the idea of a bot I saw on another site and one on MTS2. So everything is cool untill i've decided to make my Droids a bit more...muscular.I tried numerous times but I am just unable to succeed. In the package part the shape doesnt come up, only the resource node and it is not 1 but 4 . I am using the Latest SimPE after Bon Voyage. Can anyone help? I

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
Test Subject
#91 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 6:30 PM
Default 3IDR isn't just one file, but ALL files
I've followed this tutorial before with the right result but now there's a new version of SimPE and when I follow the tutorial it doesn't match when we arrive at figure 6, for when I click on the referencing File 3IDR I get all 57 and not just ONE as I did the last time.. I've followed the instruction as written, but this happens every time I try... I have all EP's up to Garden & Mansions and I've installed the patcht for that EP too.. Could someone please help me to get passed this problem?? I really want to make a comboskin for my game...
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Odekai : 25th Feb 2009 at 6:41 PM.
First of all, I wanted to say that this tutorial is TREMENDOUSLY useful, and I can't thank you enough for it, Marvine. ^__^

I have just one question though. You see, I used this tutorial for those bodybuilder-satyr meshes you and Beos made. =3 It worked well, and now the satyr meshes stay on the sim using the custom skin in the shower. WHOO!! (I know that you both made handsome skins for your satyrs, but for this particular one I used a different skin)

The problem is that the mesh disappears and the sim returns to default form when using items that require the towel (in Bon Voyage), such as the massage table, or the sauna. )=

I want to replace the towel outfit with the satyr outfit or something, so that the sim simply changes into the same satyr outfit rather than that towel for towel-requiring activities. Would I use SimPE and the same methods as are in this tutorial for that? If so...how do I know which Property set thingy to modify? @__@ Is it one of those "CASIE" ones too?

My only other concern is...are there other surprise outfit swaps that I should be aware of with other expansion packs down the line? This sounds silly but...what about maternity clothes? Those have the same effect as the towel I think. Are those another Property set? *confuzzled*

If I'm completely out of the ball park, pointing me in the right direction, or a suggestion would be hugely appreciated! ^ ^;;

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Test Subject
#93 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:23 AM
im having he same problems as winema, im using the new version of SimPE 0.68.2, and well the tutorial cannot be followed past a certain point, nothing is the same, even using the downloaded tutorial to look at the pics, its so different it leaves me at a loss, could somebody please please rewrite this tutorial for the newer version of SimPE, im really new to the meshing and skinning, but everything seems out of date due to the new SimPE which is making it very hard to learn how to do things.
Instructor
#94 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 1:52 AM
I'm using the AL SimPE and I'm very lost could someone update this tut.
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 2:54 AM
I tried to follow it as best as I could. I've got the latest SimPE .72, and while it is very similar, I ended up with a green topped sim. I've checked the package files, and all of the images are the same so I don't know why she's green. Need an update, I'm begging for my poor green topped sim!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wendyuduhiri
I tried to follow it as best as I could. I've got the latest SimPE .72, and while it is very similar, I ended up with a green topped sim. I've checked the package files, and all of the images are the same so I don't know why she's green. Need an update, I'm begging for my poor green topped sim!

I'm impressed you actually managed to get -that- far with this tut!
There's a simpler explanation of this method by the magnanimous BlooM, that works for SimPE v72, on http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,106736.0.html

Like so:

"PJSE tool
  • open skintone file with SimPE (having made a backup first, of course!)
  • click propertyset in left window (resource tree)
  • click the name tab in the right window (resource list) so all files show in alfabetical order
  • scroll down to the filename you need to link (e.g. aftopnaked_nude, aftopnaked_nudecut, aftopnaked_nudesoft)
  • write down the instance number for each file (5th tab from the left).
    The last 2 digits will do.
Next,
  • click the 3d ID in the left window
  • search for the first ID instance number you wrote down (again, sort by instance number to find quickly)
  • click that 3d ID file(the first time it will take some time before the bottom window (plugin view) show the results.) Be patient here!
  • choose Tool/PJSE/bodymesh tool/linking Tool from the menu
  • you get a popup with a small warning (ignore it unless you made earlier edits to some files) click ok
  • browse to your top showerproof mesh and select it
  • you get another popup, just some info / click ok
  • save you file or in this case go to the 2nd 3d ID filenumber you need to link and repeat all above steps, then the 3rd one and then save!"

Hope it helps!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:25 PM
lol i don't get a thing of thing of this tutorial
=S
Page 4 of 4