Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kingdom of Niua Simoa - World and Population (base game compatible)

by kiwi_tea Posted 28th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:25 PM by kiwi_tea

409 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 375 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 17
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:40 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 28th Jan 2010 at 4:14 PM. Reason: Spam removed
I am so Impressed! You did an AWESOME job creating this world!

*Stef
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:42 PM
Kiwi, will it work if you put the world file in: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#78 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:47 PM
People with 1.7 and trying to workaround: you're aware that Kiwi_tea has the 1.8 game? If you want to figure out how to get it installed without having 1.8, there's no use to ask somebody to test for whom it will work ANYway. So eiter test yourself or upgrade.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#79 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:47 PM
For me, personally, the patch brings a lot of issues as well. One of them being the new launcher not properly being able to install packaged files. A lot of people seem to be having this issue as it does say for some that they're not updated, even when they updated to the very last patch. So yeah, in my humble and amateur opinion, its just a borked EA Launcher that isn't allowing me to unpackage it.

@Fawkes; Not entirely sure if thats your problem, since you haven't patched to the newest? I don't know how these .world files work, or with what patch, I just know they do work in that folder. -shrug-
Test Subject
#80 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:50 PM
This is incredible, thank you SO SO SO MUCH!!!
Forum Resident
#81 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hege23
Ok... i am having an issue extracting. For some reason when i try to download the second file it hangs in various diffrent places and takes forever to finish downloading, and for this reason i am assumming i am not able to fully extract the file. It gets me to the second file and stops and says download volume to continue. Now i double checked and i deffinatly have all four files and even tried redownloading and the result is still the same , it hangs on the second file. Yours is not the first i have tried from here, i got the same result from trying another world. I would love to have this but i can't even get it to extract. Any suggestions to the problem. It can't be anything on your part because like i said your the second world i have tried. I have never had an issue with WinRAR before.

I got this error too, didn't mentioned it, you need to rename the 3 last numbers of the filepath which is shown in the WinRAR error message to the numbers the downloaded files have, then it works fine. Kiwi, you need to update the files with the correct names i guess.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Instructor
#82 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:56 PM
@Plasticbox - We are trying to test. I will test for Kiwi myself, but we cant because the world file is not up. Its my fault for not thinking through the obvious and asking her to test, but we ourselves cant test unless a world file is provided. I will either PM Kiwi now, or hopefully he will see this post.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Instructor
#83 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:01 PM
Fawkes, if you have Riverview installed, test it out with that first. Find the Riverview.world file in the Documents\EA\TS3 directory, move it to neutral ground (Desktop), remove Riverview from your game, and then just simply move the .world file into the directory I specified above. Load the game, and it should be available.
Instructor
#84 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:03 PM
I will test that right now. Thanks for the advice Jay.

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:06 PM
Great news. After I changed the file names all to the same except for the part numbers (i.e., 1-4), i.e., deleting the MTS unique numbers, they unrar-ed with no problem, AND installed successfully.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:15 PM
Okay guys, you seem to have this partly sorted, can you all try lion's method?
Getting the basegame world file which is actually laborious for me as I've had to uninstall my WA version to get it installed, and it will also take forever for it to upload. I don't want to be taking up MTS's server space if I don't need to.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#87 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:14 PM
I am about to test this Riverview file, Kiwi. The thing is lion is updated to the most recent patch, but i will try his/her method right now.

Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:19 PM
Okay. Plasticbox, it's fine for now for me the help testing. I'll call an end to it if necessary, but right now I'd rather more people got this working than fewer, it's been a long time in the making.

I'll consult with mods before I attempt uploading a .world file at any rate. It might be deemed excessive, given the file size and the small number of people I'd be catering to.

Instructor
#89 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:20 PM
So to be clear, lions method is Unraring, not as parts, but as seperates?

Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:26 PM
No, Lion's method, as far as I can tell, is to restore the files to their original filenames. MTS generates unique numbers attached to the front of each file. Check the installation instructions. I've just updated them recommending people remove these MTS-generated numbers.

Test Subject
#91 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:29 PM
So.. this is like.. WOW amazing. And I really want to use this...
Just how?
I don't know what I need to download or what do with it.
I am fully patched and have WA.
I want the people you made in my game.
How do I do this? >.<
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quiet
So.. this is like.. WOW amazing. And I really want to use this...
Just how?
I don't know what I need to download or what do with it.
I am fully patched and have WA.
I want the people you made in my game.
How do I do this? >.<

The instructions for downloading are in the Downloads tab.
All the instructions are in the Installations tab up the top of the game.

I'm not sure I can use plainer English than I have, but read them carefully, and give it a try.

Instructor
#93 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:34 PM
Oaky so I have done this method of lion's, but it still says I need the latest software updates.

Jay's method of the world file in that particular location works. I think a world file would be worthwhile uploading to a fileshare place like mediafire, and then linkign to it from your website. You could then have it available without hassle to put it here.

Wiki Wizard
#94 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:44 PM
Wow this is incredible, so authentic! i love it to bits, you have clearly spent a lot of time making this perfect!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
No, Lion's method, as far as I can tell, is to restore the files to their original filenames. MTS generates unique numbers attached to the front of each file. Check the installation instructions. I've just updated them recommending people remove these MTS-generated numbers.

Exactly right.

Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
So to be clear, lions method is Unraring, not as parts, but as seperates?

After you change the names/delete MTS add-ons on the file name, unrar/unzip (I use 7-zip, but they are all similar) the files. Specifically, I selected the part1 file, right-click and selected "Extract Here".
Instructor
#96 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:48 PM
I tried to do this, but i still get the error message regarding patching up. Congratulations on getting yours working ,lion !

I hope that Kiwi can also try what i suggested above.

Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:04 PM
Patience, please, Fawkes. I'll have to give it a go in my own time. I've got a couple of projects on the burner as we speak. It may have to wait until tomorrow for me to give it a spin.

Instructor
#98 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:05 PM
Okay. Sorry Kiwi, not meaning to over-work you.
Glad you'll try it on your own time. I didnt mean to come off badly, as it was only a suggestion.

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:17 PM
Hi, Kiwi, will you be willing to share your CAW files (the .world and its accompanying folder) so that others can make changes on it for personal use? For example for me, I'd like to change the road texture and get rid of any modern deco for a medieval type of world, and add more lots.

If you say no, I understand.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:22 PM
I'll get back to you on that one, lion. I'm considering sharing a severely striped down version of my CAW files. Just the heightmap, and roads (textures don't share easily so no terrain painting).

Page 4 of 17