Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 5:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Descendants show up in "future control panel", but they don't live aywhere?
Hello you guys! So I've been struggling with this glitch for quite some time now, and so far I've seen no one with the same problem.

I've been playing sims for a long time on my new computer, with absolutely no problems at all. Then, as I was beginning to play my legacy family, I wanted to go to the future when the portal popped up. My family was situated on a houseboat in the vacation island that came with the second last expansion pack, and it popped up on the docks where I started the game. I left the docks with my houseboat afterwards and let the portal stay there, until I decided to go back and talk to the time traveller. He gave me a quest, and those energy cells you have to get for thetime traveller, showed up all over the docks, but I couldn't pick them up. This was because "This isn't *simname*'s mission" or "This isn't your homelot", a message of some sort like that.

I quit the mission because I couldn't find a way to solve the problem. I know the issue isn't any custom content I have, because I thoroughly checked all of them before merging them into one big file for a faster game. Afterwards, I went to the future with two of my sims to look for descendants. I got the missions from Emit Relevert just like normal, and up until where I was going to talk to my descendants, everything was alright. I opened the future control panel, and I checked my descendants, I had lots of them, and I could see names and faces, but when I clicked the magnifying glass icon, nothing ever showed up. I never found a lot they lived on.

I went into edit town mode too and checked every single house, but my descendants were nowhere to be found! I also walked around town for days and days looking for them everywhere, nothing. I finally gave up and went back to the present, and currently I'm in my third generation. I've tried taking multiple different people to the future to find descendants, but to no avail. I also can't ask Emit Relevert/the time traveller for missions in the present anymore, the alternative just doesn't show up, so I can't change the future or anything.

Some have told me that moving to another town without houseboats will fix the problem,but I don't know. This is really ticking me off and I've been trying to solve it for months now! Does anybody know what I can do, if there's any mods that can solve the problem or anything else? It would be so much appreciated!

- God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the intelligence to see the difference.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Honestly, I love ITF expansion, but it is as buggy as ... *expletive* So I just chalk it up to the poor execution of this EP. I still don't know how they program this whole descendant thing. I mean, I understand the genetic coding, but they randomly remove some future resident and replaced it with descendants? So when I play another house and go to the future, is there a chance it will remove the descendants from my previous game play? Iono? Also, when you go to the future and have descendants, they immediately become "nondescendants" if your household got pregnant in the future. So then you can marry your descendants (or just get them pregnant), but that just creates a time paradox! Then you return to the present time... and then goto the future again, you get a whole new set of descendants... but your old ones are still there, just not related!

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

They move into empty hpuses actually. :P. If there have been families in those lots before that is Story Progression that did that most likely. Also,thewhole descendants thing,when you have a child in the future of course it creates a time paradox. That means the descendants ancestor is there, which is why the descendants CANNOT be your descendants, and there fire are de-descendant. I think it works something like tgat...

Hello there! I have my challenges and stories at http://starrysimschallenges.blogspot.com/ It would mean a lot if you checked it out at least,I will do challenges from these forums only. :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PikminStar
They move into empty hpuses actually. :P. If there have been families in those lots before that is Story Progression that did that most likely. Also,thewhole descendants thing,when you have a child in the future of course it creates a time paradox. That means the descendants ancestor is there, which is why the descendants CANNOT be your descendants, and there fire are de-descendant. I think it works something like tgat...
No, the descendants move into a previously occupied house. All the empty houses in Oasis Landing are set to "ownable" (don't know why the developers thought that one would need dozens of ownable lots and houses there but not a single extra house for descendants or other locals), but descendants have to move into "regular" homes like local residents. Therefore a pre-made family has to make room for the descendant household and become homeless in the process.
ITF is indeed a mess. NRaas Overwatch in combination with NRaas Traveler are supposed to fix the most common problems, especially with regard to descendants, but I can't confirm this as I haven't travelled to the future in ages anymore.