Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 10:12 AM Last edited by missroxor : 9th Dec 2012 at 8:08 AM.
Default New: MTS Activity Month
Hello Fellow MTSers! Today we are excited to announce our first bi-monthly Activity.

There’s been interest in bringing back monthly themes but as we decided to go one better and introduce competitions with a major theme every other month we thought we’d also have a little wind down month in between where you can join in the fun of a site run activity without the hassle and stress of competing against each other

But you just announced new competitions last month, where do these new “activities” fit in?
As Phaenoh said on the competitions announcement thread last month, the new contests will be run every two months. These mini activity months will also be run every two months, sandwiched between the competitions.

So what exactly makes this different to the other new MTS competitions?
Well, for a start; it’s not a competition! There’s no judging, no winners and losers, no prizes or badges! It’s just a small activity that’s meant to be fun, light-hearted and maybe even inspire you if you’re lacking in that department!

Ok...this sounds a lot like the old monthly themes...what’s different?
The bi-monthly activity won’t always be a theme like this one. We may introduce something completely different that we’ve never tried before. When we do use a theme like this month the themes themselves will be much smaller and sometimes sillier ideas that are wide open to interpretation so anyone can join in. Where the overall goal of the big competitions is to encourage creators to show us their best work, the goal of these small activities is to inspire, have fun and maybe even learn something new!

So without further ado I bring you Mod The Sim’s first ever bi-monthly activity:

~~~

It’s treasured, it’s measured and there’s never enough
but if you’ve got some spare, show us your stuff!

What is it? Time of course!

~~~

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti..._B&W%20copy.jpg

December marks the final countdown to the end of the year (and the end of the world according to some!) so what better theme to see out the year than time itself? Upload your themed creations and we’ll give you lucky lovelies some free advertising in a news post at the start of the year.

How to Participate

You can take part in three simple steps:
  • Decide how you’re going to interpret the theme.
  • Make and upload your themed creation - be sure to tag it with the word “Activity-Time”
  • Sit back and bask in the glory of being an activity participant! :D

Rules
Timer
You have until the very last minute of the last day of the month no matter where you are! Timer

Credits
The clock face in the pic above is by LunaSims
The Sims 2 image used in the banner is from Summerset Bay by Flabaliki.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 2:50 AM
Awesome example picture! So is this a creation... thing, a picture thing, both, either....? Just trying to be clear.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 5:13 AM
It's a 'make something for the Downloads section of MTS' thing. Sexy pictures are a requirement of uploads, but this one is more of a create thing.
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 5:46 AM
Would making a movie count? I'm more of a writer and a machinimator than a creator, but I'll be glad to release any assets (lots, Sims, etc.) that I make for a Sims movie to the MTS community.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 6:32 AM
We might have some trouble getting a movie the proper advertising that the uploads will get, but as there is no judging or anything, sure! We'd love to see what you make!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:02 PM
What I want to know is how you got that sim to hang off the clock face!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:06 PM
Looks to me like a pose from the military career reward and an OMPS. Very clever though.

So a lot would be fine for this?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 12:16 PM
Wait, so the magazine TIME or the subject of time itself?

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:23 PM
The subject of time itself, I'm thinking.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:11 PM
It's really any way that you interpret the word "Time".

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:50 PM
Weellll. If I can figure out how to follow the directions to 'bake' the secular in Blender, I might get some fancy-schmancy watches and or clocks cranked out. Don't cross your fingers though.. I am retarded when it comes to Blender. The Blender layout I have doesn't match the tutorial. :/ If that fails. I may go back to Sims 2... lol. I still have a bunch of unused GUIDs.

... realistically, I have way more ambition than I have free time though... another partially completed project in the mod box... (It's overflowing.. )
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 9:05 PM
porky, why not look through your mod box and find something that could be construed as being Time related? I get more of my own projects done that way.
The other one
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 2:53 AM Last edited by missroxor : 4th Dec 2012 at 9:50 AM.
Ah, seems like the pic may have caused some confusion >_< Just to reiterate; the picture in the first post is only intended to illustrate the theme of ‘Time’ and is not intended to be an example of what you need to upload. This monthly activity is primarily for those who upload custom content to MTS but if you want to create a picture, movie or even short story using this theme then go right ahead and post them in the usual Sims Creativity Forum, we’d love to see them! If you choose that route and still want a shout-out in the news post at the end of the activity month, you can PM me to let me know where I can find it (since you won’t be able to tag them) and I’ll see what I can do

As for what sort of thing you should be uploading? ...Well, as Daluved said, it’s any way that you interpret the theme. You won’t be marked, graded or ranked against each other so go nuts. Whether it’s a sim-sized version of Big Ben, an evil time-lord sim or a mod to alter how long a sim takes to pee (if that’s even possible?); it’s entirely up to you

The only thing I will say is that if you upload something that’s clearly nothing to do with the activity theme at all, then you probably won’t be included in the news post e.g. if you uploaded and tagged a random pair of stud earrings with not even a hint as to how they might fit the theme in the overview text then you probably won’t be included.

@Porkypine & joandsarah77 – It is just a pose and an OMSP but I’m not sure what the military career reward pose is D: It was just a (very) rough and ready pose I knocked up myself. Hrm... maybe I should polish it up and do a hanging from clocks pose set for the theme?

ETA:

Almost forgot to say, can I ask you all to tag your post as "Activity-Time" instead of just "Time"? I updated the first post to reflect this too. It's just so we're able to search for the uploads that are activity related when it comes to writing up the news post There are already some tagged with "time" that are nothing to do with this activity - it could get confusing!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 10:38 AM
When is the end date for this? I want to make sure I have enough time to start and finish mine.
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 5:01 PM
You have all of December. In January we are doing our first Create Competition.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 7:11 AM
Would a lot that you want to spend time having fun at with your family count? I have a lot idea that I'm building, but if it doesn't fit the theme well enough I'll just upload it without the tag. I thought I could try and incorporate a 'garden clock'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#17 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:06 PM
I posted a preview of what I'll be doing for the theme on my blog.

http://duckiesims.blogspot.com/2012...f-barriers.html

How will it tie into the "time" theme? Well, I don't want to spoil too much, but the final video will have something to do with the way time itself works in the Realm of Dusk...

Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 7:11 AM
Default question
I was wondering when does this contest end, or rather what is the last day to submit an entry, thanks!
The other one
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 8:06 AM
@joandsarah77 - A lot to spend time at on it's own might be a bit vague since really, all community lots are for spending time at, but adding the garden clock focal point and maybe mention "spending time" in the overview or title would do it IMO

@Sleepy-Genius and nevnegonc - As Phaenoh said, these activities and competitions will be held monthly (rotating through the different types) and should last for the entire duration of each month. Different moderators may prefer that you stick to their time zone but I'm not going to be too fussy about it since the activities are supposed to be less stressful and more fun so if you post up to 3 or 4 hours after midnight my time I'll just assume you live in Midway I'll add a timer to the first post in case anyone wants to count down the days left.

@PSDuckie, that sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
You have all of December. In January we are doing our first Create Competition.

Thanks. I have started now. Part of it is done. I'm trying to finish before the 15th because MTS takes a while to approve / reject stuff. :/

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
@Sleepy-Genius and nevnegonc - As Phaenoh said, these activities and competitions will be held monthly (rotating through the different types) and should last for the entire duration of each month. Different moderators may prefer that you stick to their time zone but I'm not going to be too fussy about it since the activities are supposed to be less stressful and more fun so if you post up to 3 or 4 hours after midnight my time I'll just assume you live in Midway I'll add a timer to the first post in case anyone wants to count down the days left.

Thanks for the extra info. I am a few hours ahead in California.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 10:36 PM Last edited by porkypine : 1st Jan 2013 at 9:01 PM.
lol.. My 'activity-time' turned out to be real life activity time instead of modding activity-time. Been busy doing some plumbing repairs (tearing out fixtures and replacing them) and some yard leveling work on frozen turf for a new shed's construction. OUCH! This couch potato is not accustomed to 'real' work. My normal 'work' is all brain and keyboard type work. :D

Did have some time to open Seasons and look around. Does anyone know what the sunbusts are for/do other than stuffing them into your inventory?

edit: Jan 1, 2013
Been busy making pretty lacy New Year's Eve party dress for Sims 3. Of course, I didn't finish on time. Making the lods now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 11:27 PM
I have my time lot in the upload queue now.
I hope I did the
Quote:
tag it with the word “Activity-Time”
correctly as I wasn't sure just what that meant. So I put Activity-Time in the word search list.

~Call me Jo~
The other one
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 8:10 AM
That's exactly it joandsarah What a fun idea for a lot, I love the little race tracks! When you said a "garden clock" I pictured a town square sort of clock as a focal point within a garden; didn't realise you literally meant a garden clock! lol, love it!

Only two entries so far, hope we see a few more before the final countdown
Inventor
#24 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 12:27 AM
I was hoping to get mine done by Christmas Day, but that isn't going to happen. My new deadline is New Years' Eve.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 12:29 AM
Glad you liked the lot and garden clock. I hope there will be lots more for this theme yet, our entries are looking a little lonely!

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2