Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:27 PM
Default Need some building advice.
I'm working on medieval Gothic monastery type building with a dark secret hidden in the basement. I designed to look good from the inside, but that mean the outside of the building is rather square.

Can you folks give me any advice for improving the outside looks?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:26 AM
How have I not seen this thread for 29 days?
Anyway, you might look at some pictures of real-life monasteries to get some ideas.

Seems to me, many monasteries were build atop hills or even mountains, so raising the terrain under the building would be one way to make it more realistic. You can still do this using the constrainfloorelevation cheat, which will simply lift the entire structure however high you want it. I would try about 8 clicks, with the elevation gradually descending toward the street.

I would also consider perhaps adding a second story to some parts of the building. Not the entire building, because then you'll just have it look like it does now, only higher. Perhaps add a second story to both ends of the building and use the middle part of the building as a terrace.

As an aside, those prison cells is probably how most kids view churches.