Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Cloner 080706 A + Custom Skintone Selector

by christianlov Posted 7th May 2008 at 7:34 AM - Updated 5th Aug 2011 at 3:48 PM by christianlov

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:51 PM
Nice tool but, you do realize that your screen shots are useless to those of us in the english speaking world? Maybe a dual set of shots would be more worthwhile...
Test Subject
#77 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 6:43 AM
Ok- I love the idea of being able to change the sims skintone in game... and admit freely that I am confused easily... lol

Just two silly questions...

I often get sims who appear as only heads in the shower (or whenever naked) and I hate that but often don't know which custom skins are going to appear that way until I get them IN game... grrr... can this be used to fix this problem- if I change the skintone with this- will they have their body back?

And- is it compatible with AL and M&G ???

Thanks
Instructor
#78 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:09 PM
Looks great! I'm gonna test it out!
Instructor
#79 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:13 PM
oh noes! I have the base game, Uni, AP, NL.....Thsts all. What do I download! AHHHHH!!!*Head Explodes* Great, my warrenty just expired on this head! Lol
Test Subject
#80 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 4:25 AM
My head explodes a lot- I don't bother with an extended warranty- lol!
Test Subject
#81 Old 3rd May 2009 at 4:11 AM
I am so lost on how to use this thing and get my skintones into it. Could someone please help. I have read the instructions but I am lost on which two folders to find. I can find my defaults in my downloads but what do I browse for in the other one.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th May 2009 at 10:06 AM
I really love it.

Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#83 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:33 PM
For some reason...the CL tool isn't recognizing 4 skintone packages... saying that they are not in the folder...despite being there... what does this mean?

*waves hi*
Field Researcher
#84 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:25 PM
I'm hoping I did this right. I only need to download the Sim Cloner, not either of the other ones if I don't deal with custom skins. Is that right?
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM
Is there a way I can change to any custom skins with the skin selector instead of the 4 standard colors?
Test Subject
#86 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Syrus : 20th Jul 2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: It was feedback, not thanks.
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I was wondering, what happened to your "Christianlov's Sim Copy Mirror"? I could really use that. Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
#87 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:42 AM
Can somebody please help? I downloaded the custom skin tone changer prototype. Where do I find it in my game? Please email me how to use it at: [email protected]
Test Subject
#88 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:59 PM
The download seems to of disappeared off of the face of the internet...
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:41 AM
Hello, Christianlov... I've read thoselines you wrote :
"NO WARRANTY. YOU HAVE TO BACK UP THE NEIGHBORHOOD. I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE ON YOUR FILES."

I am sorry but YOU are the one who has made this mod, so you are clearly and directly responsible if it damages the game. I am shocked that you are trying to escape to your responsabilities !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reg1
Hello, Christianlov... I've read thoselines you wrote :
"NO WARRANTY. YOU HAVE TO BACK UP THE NEIGHBORHOOD. I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE ON YOUR FILES."

I am sorry but YOU are the one who has made this mod, so you are clearly and directly responsible if it damages the game. I am shocked that you are trying to escape to your responsabilities !

i left a note to tell you that you have to back up files first before you begin to modify your character files using my program. actually i can't do anything for you if something bad happens with your character files when you try to fix facial structure. how can i restore you character files when you didn't back up your neighborhood and i don't have your files? so that is why i said i am not responsible. backing up files is so easy, just go inside your neighborhood folder and click a few times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Syrus
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I was wondering, what happened to your "Christianlov's Sim Copy Mirror"? I could really use that. Thanks a bunch.

you can download that at the following link.
it's included in zip files uploaded there.

http://blog.daum.net/christianlov/5923841
Test Subject
#92 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 8:07 AM
Hey Christianlov,
thanks for the download. I've been searching for this forever!
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me
A) I have a mac...so I'm guessing that the editor won't work on my comp. Just to make sure I understood, that means that I can't use my custom skins with the selector, right?
B) in game, I'm getting the changing back to the original skin thing. Would that be because I can't add my own custom skins to the selector so there's nothing to select, or because there is a conflicting hack? I can't think of one I have that would.
Thanks again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xhwyj
Hey Christianlov,
thanks for the download. I've been searching for this forever!
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me
A) I have a mac...so I'm guessing that the editor won't work on my comp. Just to make sure I understood, that means that I can't use my custom skins with the selector, right?
B) in game, I'm getting the changing back to the original skin thing. Would that be because I can't add my own custom skins to the selector so there's nothing to select, or because there is a conflicting hack? I can't think of one I have that would.
Thanks again!

hi^^

a) the program is for microsoft windows so it won't work on mac os. but... i guess that you can create a custom selector package using a pc (which is running windows os) and then copy the resulted package to the mac.
b) there is a conflicting global mod lurking in the downloads folder, and that makes sims revert to their original skintone. any mod that changes skintone in game will conflict with this mod.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:30 PM Last edited by ilikefishfood : 16th Jan 2010 at 2:21 AM.
Just wanted to report that I'm using the Skintone Changer with all EPs and SPs with no problems at all. It does conflict with mod's like inTEEN which modify skins, so I chose this mod because for me it's a must have.

I'd recommend using SimWardrobe's Hack Conflict Detector to see if as Christianlov says, there're any global mods lurking in your downloads that could be interfering with this.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Test Subject
#95 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:06 PM
Hey Christianlov, this looks fantastic, I'm definetly gunna try it out later. I've heard tons of stuff about your Sim Copy Mirror but can't find it up here? How come? It would be a HUGE help and time saver for me!
Test Subject
#96 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 7:55 AM
thanks for the help christianlov and ilikefishfood, i'll try that.
#97 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 6:23 PM
Thank You!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 22Rhys
Hi Christianlov,
Iam having a problem. When I try to change pre-made sims skintones to custom ones there is no custom name's showing?
Please reply,
-A very frustrated Rhys

??? ^^;;
hi,
have you made your own skintone selector using my program and the template package (prototype thing)? then you will see custom skin names in that painting's pie menu. ^^;;
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SPAWNOFTHEFLAMES
Hey Christianlov, this looks fantastic, I'm definetly gunna try it out later. I've heard tons of stuff about your Sim Copy Mirror but can't find it up here? How come? It would be a HUGE help and time saver for me!

hi ^^
if you visit the following page,

http://blog.daum.net/christianlov/8605630

you will see a zip file icon and download link there..
please click that and a file will be downloaded.
please extract that file and look into the extracted folders.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hopawaay109
For some reason...the CL tool isn't recognizing 4 skintone packages... saying that they are not in the folder...despite being there... what does this mean?

it seems that the program doesn't read those four files.
my program will read most of skintone files out there, it may not
read some files.. if format is different.. (cpf and xml stuff, and other
tons of things i couldn't handle..)
Page 4 of 7