Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2016 at 7:13 PM
Set up Costum Tents on Community Lot?
Hi,
I have a little issue with tents on community lots. I've found these beautiful tents Click here for tents
and I would love to place a set-up version of them on a camp ground (community lot). I've tried to solve this problem with this solution: Click! but it only works with the original tents from World Adventures.

Is there a solution for this problem?
Pardon my English, it is not my first language :D

thanks for your help!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 26th May 2016 at 8:05 PM
Did you try this mod? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=391799

There's also an unlocked tent mod here (scroll down): http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...100#post3390100

Another option that should work is to make it a residential lot and have your sim place the tents. Then move them out and turn the lot into a community lot. Some people have reported that the tents disappeared when they tried that, unfortunately.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#3 Old 26th May 2016 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Blyss : 26th May 2016 at 10:47 PM.
To be able to place tents on a community lot, you'd either have to use this mod by Buzzler (Build/Buy Restriction Choker), so they will be available in Buy mode on a Community lot.
Or you could edit the OBJD of the package with S3PE, click Grid and tick Community in RoomCategoryFlag.

Now, if you want your tents to be set up and usable and not all packed up, you'll have to change the object script class.
With S3PE, find the OBJK, right-click Edit or click Grid, change "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.TentCheap" to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.TentCheapPermanent".

I just tested this with one of the tents you linked. So that should do it.

Edit: In good conscience, I just wanted to add that I actually cloned the original object, because when using the Permanent tent script, the tent can't be placed in your Sim's inventory. And so cloning the original package with S3OC to do your edits will ensure that the original tent will still be usable in its packed form, while creating a stand-alone tent in its set-up form that you can use when building.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2016 at 8:38 AM
Thank you! 😊 I will try it!