Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5426 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:43 PM
When you say, merged with anything else...do you mean, together with their bro and sis, or with plain any other mods from other creators?
If I understand correctly, you would not merge all NRAAS mods together in one file. right?
Like you seem to be saying, how would I know about this or that functionality from this or that mod not working properly, if I am not using it...or how would I even notice, without having the proper knowledge about these said mods. (my case most probably)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5427 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM
What I am saying is that I would not merge mods at all. Not with sibling mods nor anything else.

I don't actually merge any of my content in my own game, though that's kind of beside the point because I do see the benefit of doing so for more ordinary types of CC. It just never worked out well for me due to user error I am sure. But I still feel like some kind of dinosaur at times by being so resistant to the concept with respect to mods in particular.
Lab Assistant
#5428 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 7:29 PM
I merged NRaas mods together once and it reset all the settings for those mods, on top of resetting everyone in the town's relationships (everyone was at Stranger or Acquaintance level, and couples forgot they were partnered), and also the merged mods somehow conflicted with other non-NRaas mods I had before. I put the unmerged mods back in and deleted the cache files, but the relationship damage across town was retained and it took me hours to repair everything.

0/10, would not recommend.
Mad Poster
#5429 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 7:30 PM
I'll take that your knowledge is bigger than mine, and I'll try merging only normall CC once I reinstall everything. New gaming computer is being thought about..(graphic card bought, now shop for all other remaining parts. lol)

Lab Assistant
#5430 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 7:38 PM
Yeah, I'd just go with merging normal CC (like CAS objects and furniture). I merge tuning mods together if they're things like custom careers, recipes and books, although that's more for just keeping them nice and organized than it is to reduce lag. I also don't merge objects with custom scripts (like Arsil's custom role desks or Douglasveiga's ferris wheel) because I'm afraid of what might happen.

Protip though: You can make the FeaturedItems folder read-only so that it doesn't get filled up with junk and delete files in DCCache with the .tmp extension (and ONLY the .tmp extension) if you have Windows, with no ill effects.

EDIT: I would also stop merging files into a package once the size hits...about 200-300 MB or so. Any more than that, and it becomes difficult to save and load in S3PE, plus there's the risk of CC getting "buried" and not appearing in your game, which I've only really had happen once.

My Packages folder is about 5 gigs and I don't experience any lag while playing in Live mode, but good god the load times.
Lab Assistant
#5431 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:15 AM
Alright, this is starting to alarm me, so I'd like some clarification here:

I have NRaas tagger installed, and I'm using it to keep tabs on all the residents. I've seen a few with the "Move Away" action queued up: is that just moving to a different lot, or emigrating out of town altogether? A lot of these are characters I love and I don't want to lose them.

Also, how do I stop all emigration?
Top Secret Researcher
#5432 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:02 AM
Speaking of moving away...
around week 10, without NRAAS Story Progression, the town has two types of folks - Grey haired ones and Vampires.
With NRAAS Story progression, the town keeps a good mix... I think, but the game slows down to a crawl.

Is there a solution to this?
Mad Poster
#5433 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 5:20 AM Last edited by igazor : 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoMontoya
Alright, this is starting to alarm me, so I'd like some clarification here:

I have NRaas tagger installed, and I'm using it to keep tabs on all the residents. I've seen a few with the "Move Away" action queued up: is that just moving to a different lot, or emigrating out of town altogether? A lot of these are characters I love and I don't want to lose them.

Also, how do I stop all emigration?

"Move Away" means put some distance (usually inches or feet, not miles) between them and the sim or object that they had most recently been interacting with. It doesn't mean change their permanent address.

Emigration is off by default if you use NRaas StoryProgression and have its progression activated and in control. It's actually very tricky to switch on, only gets invoked in special circumstances, and I would say not very likely to have been activated by accident. The only sims that should be subject to removal from your world would be homeless NPC non-residents. Unless you count children/younger and pets being taken away by their respective social workers.
Mad Poster
#5434 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Speaking of moving away...
around week 10, without NRAAS Story Progression, the town has two types of folks - Grey haired ones and Vampires.
With NRAAS Story progression, the town keeps a good mix... I think, but the game slows down to a crawl.

Is there a solution to this?

No grey haired vampires?

The impact of SP and how much can be done to mitigate it will depend on various things like size of the world's resident population and the strength of the player's computer. The first thing we always suggest when SP begins to bog things down is to turn down its overall speed. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Adjust Speed > (try one of the two slowest ones). Everything will still happen, just not as quickly.

Some players find SP also behaves more efficiently if they also reduce the number of stories being reported on. NRaas > SP > General Options > All Stories > (choose some combination more restrictive than the default). The effects of the stories suppressed will still happen, they just won't all produce the pop-up messages talking about them.
Top Secret Researcher
#5435 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 9:38 PM
My stupid question: Is there an advantage to being mean to other sims? The interaction seems to always give a negative moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#5436 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question: Is there an advantage to being mean to other sims? The interaction seems to always give a negative moodlet.

Evil and Mean-Spirited Sims get positive moodlets instead, and if your Sim has a negative relationship with another Sim for whatever reason (let's say, I dunno, they used to date but the other Sim cheated on them), they'll roll wants to be mean to them.
Mad Poster
#5437 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:49 PM
About Angler simmies...is there any reward for them to buy ? (aspiration ones.., perk things)
If my sim is a gardener..super green thumb add something cool...but if my sim likes to fish?

One Minute Ninja'd
#5438 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 8:40 PM
There are little things for catching fish which you can find on the skills page of your sim, such as Amateur Ichthyologist for catching all fish types or Commercial Fisherman for catching over 450 fish (I believe). The "reward" is something like Catch Perfect Fish, or something like that. The curse is constantly getting the wish to go fishing before 6 AM.
Site Helper
#5439 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 8:53 PM
I've only got about half of the EPs, so I might be missing something, but I don't know of any aspiration perks for a fisherman. (Island paradise might have added something to go along with adding mermaids, but that makes an awful lot of sense so I'm not sure that EA actually did it.) There isn't even one to keep more fish in an aquarium or fishbowl, or to keep the fish fed longer. (Family Inventory is the method I've been using.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#5440 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 9:18 PM
Eskie..you mean, like challenges? If my sim gets this or that challenge..they get to catch only perfect quality fish?..let's say...
I so never pay much attention to those pop up saying my sim has harvested X amount of....Maybe i should. Thank you. But there is still no reward in the aspiration thing. Ghost sdoj, The only EP I do not have because I unistall it, is ITF. There are many rewards for all other professions, but if like me, the normal easy...lazy...style of life makes you happy, there is not much perks to it

One Minute Ninja'd
#5441 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:58 PM
Yeah, Rosebine, anglers got shafted. So to speak.
Lab Assistant
#5442 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 8:15 PM
Alright. So a random resident in my town (I never really had my family interact with him much) died recently, and he had no children, no spouse/significant other, and no surviving relatives. Usually in that case what I've seen happen is that a close friend of the dead Sim would inherit all their stuff, but this guy was unpopular with the townspeople...and since everyone else had a relationship with him that was near 0,his sworn enemy was the one who inherited his money.

Is this normal?
Top Secret Researcher
#5443 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
About Angler simmies...is there any reward for them to buy ? (aspiration ones.., perk things)
If my sim is a gardener..super green thumb add something cool...but if my sim likes to fish?

The Angler simmies options are sort of limited but I was surprised to find several options for playing with Anglers in Carl The Sims3 Fishing Guide. Maybe there is something in there of interest for you
Mad Poster
#5444 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Apr 2016 at 1:32 AM. Reason: another stupid question
Thank you very much

Can a sim uses the coffee beans to actually..make coffee?
I know they can munch on it, but come on.

Top Secret Researcher
#5445 Old 8th May 2016 at 8:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what makes sims get stuck in the black space of an apartment building shell?
I have that happening in Meadow Glen and in SimLau Isles from MySimsReality. I absolutely adore those worlds but it's driving me crazy!

Any ideas what I can do to prevent this other than replacing the shell with something else completely?
Lab Assistant
#5446 Old 8th May 2016 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Thank you very much

Can a sim uses the coffee beans to actually..make coffee?
I know they can munch on it, but come on.

I believe they should be able to in a vanilla game if you have the bean in your inventory and you click on a coffee maker. If that don't work, try this mod.
Mad Poster
#5447 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoMontoya
I believe they should be able to in a vanilla game if you have the bean in your inventory and you click on a coffee maker. If that don't work, try this mod.

Without the mod, you have to use the barista coffee maker. I had been placing those in my sims' kitchens, turned the wrong way around so the silly pastry display doesn't show but of course it wouldn't fit at all into many sims' houses (unless you like having pastry displays in the bathroom as we all do). The mod unlocks those beverages and coffee bean usage for all coffee makers. Same with herbs and ingredients for the other beverages.
Site Helper
#5448 Old 9th May 2016 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 9th May 2016 at 2:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Can anyone tell me what makes sims get stuck in the black space of an apartment building shell?
I have that happening in Meadow Glen and in SimLau Isles from MySimsReality. I absolutely adore those worlds but it's driving me crazy!

Any ideas what I can do to prevent this other than replacing the shell with something else completely?

I just recently got Late Night, so my solution probably isn't the best one, but I stick a door in any spot where a sim gets stuck.

Edit: Coffee bean? I've never seen those. (then again, I've only got about half of the EPs....) Where do they come from?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#5449 Old 9th May 2016 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Edit: Coffee bean? I've never seen those. (then again, I've only got about half of the EPs....) Where do they come from?

Very warm climates with the right kind of soil conducive to their growth. Or, for many of us, the grocery store. For sims though, they require the Uni EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#5450 Old 9th May 2016 at 4:05 PM
For the charity donations; someone has a mod where you can add more traits. If you want to donate to charity, can't you just add an extra "good" trait? I'm not sure how you can add traits with this mod unless you use NRAAS Master Controller cheats, however.

What I really want are some negative traits that make things more difficult for your sim. Some negative traits, like "loner", actually has some advantages - like your social need drops much more slowly.
Page 218 of 385