Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#76 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 4:55 PM
Crap and headdesk. I saw this problem with clothing cloned from EPs and SPs months ago and in the process of fixing it very cleverly managed to make it much, much worse in the 2.4 version of MorphMaker.

Version 2.5 of MorphMaker is now uploaded with what should be a genuine fix: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3020879

I've fixed your packages also and attached them, trying to make up for causing all this trouble! I didn't test them, so if there are any more problems please let me know ASAP, and thanks for bring this to my attention. Can't believe no one complained before this!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lady Aran.zip (24.0 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 11:12 PM
Aha, I see. Thank you so much for figuring out what was wrong. I'm so happy right now And don't worry, it's still an awesome program

I'll test the new fixed packages out later tonight. Unfortunately, if there are any furter problems, I might be a little slow reporting them, as I currently have no internet at my house. Hoping to get it soon though. I'm sure everything will work just fine though

Thank you again Cmar!
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:28 AM
*raises hand*

I have a question, Teacher!

I've been following your tutorial and I'm wondering if there's a tutorial somewhere if I wanted to edit CC meshes? What I'm in the process of doing is making a mesh for a male child, however, if it's possible, I would like to remove something from the clothing itself without ruining it (it was originally for a female child, but I'm making the clothing more unisex-friendly).

Also, (please forgive me!) how do I go about finding and editing EP clothing? I think I've seen a tutorial or discussion about it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it again.

Thanks in advance! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:33 PM
Sure, it's possible to edit CC meshes. If you want to change the CC itself rather than make a new piece of clothing, you'd extract the meshes and the BGEO/.blendgeoms from the package, remove whatever you want from the base mesh, use my Toolkit to update the morphs and make new BGEOs, then import the new base meshes and BGEOs into the package to replace the old ones. (Keep a copy of the original package just in case!)

This tutorial may help you - it's the same process except in your case:
  • You'll be using the CC package instead of cloning a package using s3oc,
  • You'll be modifying one mesh instead of two. The Frankenstein tool will still work on one mesh or you can use the 'Match Morphs' function instead and check the option to renumber,
  • Depending on what you're removing, you may or may not have to edit the textures.

If you want an easier option, try just moving the part you don't like inside the body of the clothing mesh in the base mesh to hide it. The existing morphs should still work.

EP clothing can be cloned using s3oc, as shown in the tutorial above. Once the clone is made, you can use CTU to import meshes and textures, set up presets, etc., but it needs to be set up to be able to reference EP resources, and here's a tutorial on how to do that: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nt%20with%20CTU (The tut shows how to clone using S3PE but I find it much easier to use s3oc.)
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:15 AM
Oh wow! Thank you!!!

I have another question, if you don't mind.

I'm currently working on another CC mesh to make it available for female teens as well as adult females. However, when I try to extract the mesh from CTU, it doesn't show up at all and all of the options are greyed-out or empty. Am I doing something wrong? I tried following the cloning procedure for EP/CC content, but nothing happened.

Oh, before I forget! I've been checking out posts and noticed something, so I'm just going to ask:

Is it against the rules to post store content, if it's been modified on to MTS? I haven't started on my store content yet, (because it seems complicated to edit them), but as I was reading posts, I noticed that store content seems to be off-limits here. Does this includes recolors of store clothes too?

Sorry if I'm being noobish, I've been here since MTS2, so we never encountered store content until Sims 3, LOL!

Thank you so much again!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#81 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:39 PM
If you open your CC package in CTU and then set the age, gender, and part dropdowns to the right values for the clothing you're working with, you should be able to export the meshes. (For example, you open a CC package for an adult female top, then set the dropdown selectors to Adult, Female, and Top. Do NOT click on any of the thumbnails that show up.) However, you'll get meshes exported with only the TGI and no other identifier. If the package has names for the files, you're better off opening it in S3PE and export the files that way.

I really don't know the rules of posting store content - I'm not a site mod and haven't done it myself. I've seen quite a bit of clothes and hair on MTS that are edits or conversions of store or EP/SP content, though, so my feeling is that you can't post straight store stuff but you can post stuff based on it if you've made significant changes/improvements. I don't know if a recolor/retexture would be considered a significant change. Don't go by me; best if you ask in the Creator Issues forum. (Create / Creator Issues)
Test Subject
#82 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 12:30 AM
When are you planning on updating this? U really want to know how to add and deltete vertices!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:08 PM
I'll put it next on my list of stuff to do. Been meaning to get back to it.
Test Subject
#84 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:00 PM
Yea! Thank you!
Test Subject
#85 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 2:00 PM
This is the best meshing tutorial ever! Funnily, my test mesh is so good-looking I plan to upload it - I created flare pants. Thank you!
Test Subject
#86 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 4:10 PM
I really really love this tutorial. Thank you so much, it was exactly what I needed to get into meshing. <3

I have a question though: if I wanted to make adult/ya clothing available for teens for example, I'd use the same basic process as the pregnancy morphing technique right? But do you know where I would be able to find a base form for a teenager?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 11:47 AM
To convert adult to teen, you have to match the vertex positions, normals, and bones at the neck, waist, and ankle seams, and scale the mesh down slightly for the slimmer teen body. You could use any similar teen mesh as a guide. Repeat for the morph meshes and make new morphs.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#88 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
To convert adult to teen, you have to match the vertex positions, normals, and bones at the neck, waist, and ankle seams, and scale the mesh down slightly for the slimmer teen body. You could use any similar teen mesh as a guide. Repeat for the morph meshes and make new morphs.

Thanks very much I'm really getting the hang of it. I'm back with another question though XD
Seems like this method of add pregnancy morphs no longer works with the new 1.55 patch! I followed your instructions to add a pregnancy morph to a clothing piece, and my sim will successfully wear it but she doesn't actually... "grow", just pretends to be pregnant. Do you have any idea what has changed? :\
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saskiiaa
Thanks very much I'm really getting the hang of it. I'm back with another question though XD
Seems like this method of add pregnancy morphs no longer works with the new 1.55 patch! I followed your instructions to add a pregnancy morph to a clothing piece, and my sim will successfully wear it but she doesn't actually... "grow", just pretends to be pregnant. Do you have any idea what has changed? :\

Nothing's changed as far as I know, except that an awful lot of people seem to be having trouble with mods under 1.55. Could you upload your package and I'll take a look?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 4:32 PM
Nothing's changed as far as I know, except that an awful lot of people seem to be having trouble with mods under 1.55. Could you upload your package and I'll take a look?

Oops, sorry for the late reply. Ok then I guess it was something I did wrong XD not too surprising... I've attached the packages (one is adult female and one is teen female, the file naming is approx the same scheme as EA names their files). Thank you so much for your help
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Packages_with_pregmorph.zip (5.6 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#91 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 12:14 AM
All the correct structures are there but your morph - the data in the BGEO - is all zeros. Possibly you modified the base mesh along with the pregnant morph mesh instead of hiding it before making changes.

Test Subject
#92 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:44 AM
All the correct structures are there but your morph - the data in the BGEO - is all zeros. Possibly you modified the base mesh along with the pregnant morph mesh instead of hiding it before making changes.

Ok thank you for your help XD I'll take a look at that then and see what the heck I did there...
Test Subject
#93 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 4:08 PM
I don't understand how to do a lot of the stuff at the start That means I'm not even advanced enough to be deemed a "dummy". Now I feel sad
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#94 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redrum666
I don't understand how to do a lot of the stuff at the start That means I'm not even advanced enough to be deemed a "dummy". Now I feel sad

Everyone goes through the beginner stage when you don't understand even the basics. Keep trying and ask questions if you get stuck!

Sockpuppet
#95 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redrum666

Believe me, we all had that moment.
Test Subject
#96 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 5:15 AM
Is it possible to preview morphs outside the game? The game takes forever to load, and my fat and fit morphs are börked. I tried to mix parts of two meshes into one, and the morph info seems to have been lost.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#97 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:20 PM
You can load the base and morph meshes into Milkshape to preview, or import your package into TSRW and use the fat/thin and fit sliders.

Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:43 PM
Thanks alot for your tutorial its very helpful . I knew now how to mesh very well but i want to know how to make morph fat and thin so is the steps are exactly the same as pregnant morph or there are other steps to make and if so what is it
thanks in advance
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#99 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 12:01 PM
Yes, making the fat/fit/thin morphs is the same basic process. You should use the morph meshes from a similar EA clothing as a guide for the shape and make sure the vertices at the neck, waist, and ankle seams match the EA vertices.

Or you could use Mesh Toolkit to make the morphs automatically.

Test Subject
#100 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 8:12 PM
Thanks for replying but can you tell me please how to use mesh toolkit i have the programme but i dont know how to use it .there is alot of stuff in it and thats make me confused
thanks in advance
Page 4 of 5