Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 8:51 PM
Default Please help my cat!
Ok peeps, I don't know if this kind of stuff is allowed here, so if not, I am sorry, feel free to remove it, but my precious kitty cat, Pepper, needs surgery badly and I am trying anything. Please take a look at the gofundme.com page I have set up for her, and if you can't help with a monetary donation, than please share this with people. I have never asked for this kind of stuff before, but my cat means more to me than anything.

GoFundMe.com page - http://www.gofundme.com/7vryz8?preview=1
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:07 PM
Sorry $10.00 is all I can give right now, but I hope your cat gets better soon... much love x x
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:19 PM
Please see if you qualify for this: http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

I just recently (4 weeks, 2 days ago) had to have my Sugar Bear put to sleep because I couldn't afford to pay for his care (there was no guarantee that he would've even survived at all)- he'd gotten into something caustic while outside and was in really bad shape. It didn't help that he would've had to have months of therapy IF he would've even made it that far. So I know how you're feeling right now. *hugs*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 12:56 AM
I'm in too. I lost my cat twenty years ago when I couldn't afford to fix his broken hip and I still miss him so badly. I hope your Pepper gets her surgery and recovers soon
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 10:28 AM
Donated, I hope she gets help soon, she seems like a lovely kitty xx
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 8:42 PM
Thanks to those who have donated, every little bit helps.

mustluvcatz, my vet actually sent me to that website, and I was summarily turned down. However, I do have their customer service number, so hopefully I can actually talk to a person, I may have better luck that way.
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 8:56 PM
My God, Butch, I would gladly pay that entire bill if I had the money. Right now, between my extended family and medical bills I have it figured down to the last penny. If I can managed to scrape together anything after everything is taking care of I will help you in any way I can.

When Jonah was sick many years ago I tried everything to get him the surgery he needed. The doctor's office would not accept payments and I know first hand what you must be going through.

If they would allow you to, you could ask your Vet if you could post a notice asking for aid in the office (or anywhere around town) to be paid directly to them. Some people are leary about donating online. It might help if you can find a way to arrange to have the Vet allow someone to pay on your behalf by directly calling the Vet's office. In this day and age it helps if some people can look things up for themselves in order to assure themselves that such a place exists and it isn't a hoax. We live in a skeptical society.

I wish you all the best. You and Pepper. I'm truly sorry you have to go through this.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 11:13 PM
I wish you and your cat all the luck in the world, gods bless you both

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 12:51 PM
Bump.....

Anybody able to help?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 6:26 AM
She is a very beautiful cat. Is Paypal an option?

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Scholar
#11 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:45 AM
No, it wasn't when I donated, but it's fairly easy to use the credit card option. It's worth it to help a kitty!
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 9:08 PM
Thanks again to those who are able to help. Today a friend of mine gave me the contact info for a local shelter that also has a program for vet care, where a friend of hers got a vet bill payed for. Hopefully I will be able to work something out with them. So far, Pepper has been stable, but she lost a bit more weight this week. Luckily, she is still a sweetie who just wants a cuddle.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 9:40 PM
RedRover - relief grants - is also something that might be worth looking in to if you can't get the full amount elsewhere. I had to work with them once (for just about the same reason) and the person I talked to was really awesome. They'll only pay $100 to $200 but every little bit can help.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
No, it wasn't when I donated, but it's fairly easy to use the credit card option. It's worth it to help a kitty!

Thanks for the info. Donation sent!

Please keep us updated on how she's doing.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 2:23 AM
I'll donate a few bucks later today. I wish I could help you pay for all of it, but we recently finished pay off a $2500 vet bill, from a snake bite

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam