Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:54 AM
Default How to remove Outdoor Shadow from Object
I have been making some invisible recolors of in-game objects and although I can remove shadows that would be visible indoors, I cannot figure out how to remove the outdoor shadow.

Obviously I am cloning the object to make a completely invisible version. I have updated the MMAT & TXTR files and successfully remove shadows. However, once objects are placed outdoors, they appear?!

I would really appreciate it if someone could provide directions or point out a tutorial with this info. I have done an extensive search but only saw several references to never remove the outdoor shadow on an object - which doesnt apply to what I need to do. I have the most updated version of Simpe.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:19 AM
I *think* it is in the GMND in the line tsNoShadow. The value is either 0 or 1, F or T, respectively. If set to 0 I think it will not display outdoor shadows. I have not thoroughly tested this though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 10:17 AM
Thanks for you help HugeLunatic...the value actually needs to be set to '1' and then the groundshadow disappears, it is already at '0'. I would never have found it without your help!!! It worked.

Thanks Again

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 4:33 PM
When you click on the GMND, the Blocklist (on the Content tab) is a dropdown list. One of the entries in the list is the tsNoShadow - see screenshot. (Note that tsNoShadow won't necessarily be item #4 for your object, you may have to scroll down to find it.)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 4:34 AM
Hello everyone!
I have the same problem, but with an accessory, observe this image:

Wings belong to parsimonius Sims 2 found here , I have tried what it says HugeLunatic, but It did not work.
How I can remove the outdoor shadow of the wings?

Thanks in advance.