Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:06 AM
Default Sims 2 Life Stories
Hey

From Snooty,and the BBS, a new Sims2 pack is on its way,called The Sims 2 Life Stories.
Its probably a Stuff Pack, and hopefully, it will be full of decent hair and clothes.We dont know anything else yet, but im sure more info will leak out over the next few weeks/months

I took a screenie of it,before it disappears

Confirmed by MaxoidMel : http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23

:- )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:29 AM
hmmm... interesting.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:35 AM
this title is a good signal/omen for story-tellers simmers like me (be a story-teller Ep or SP, pleeease!)

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:21 AM
Too early for another expansion to leak out - it has to be a stuff pack. We'll probably find out either way after Christmas (in that if they start advertising a different stuff pack after Christmas - this one is an expansion)

I really need to start checking the game registry at various intervals...

EDIT: Ooh! What if this is Get A Life? That could just be the working title...
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Too early for another expansion to leak out - it has to be a stuff pack.

If it was a Stuff Pack, it would say "Stuff" at the end. For example, Life Stories Stuff.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:13 PM
Life stories? what would that be? What's up with the 'season' and 'get a life' thing? Is get a life the same as life stories? What one will be in shops first (Season or life stories)? (season is announced with pets, life stories with game registration thing)?

So many questions... Time (and maxis) will give the answers...
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:27 PM
Since the Maxoid said "This GAME..." it makes it sound like it's a stand-alone game (not an EP or SP). So it could be for console or handheld only. My best guess would be that TS2 is finally entering the next-gen systems (considering all three will finally be out soon) and instead of just re-releasing a next-gen verison of (the current gen) TS2, they are making a new TS2 spin-off such as "Get A Life" And since the title is "Life Stories" it sounds like it will have aging in it. That's just a guess though.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:31 PM
This must be story-mode gameplay, just like the consoles?

Simaster8 - Decking-out your suburbia
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:31 PM
I wonder what this is? I like that Maxis is working hard but they are going a bit fast now with their EP's and SP's. I do hope it will be something I can use well. :D
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:05 PM
Pretty intresting.....hmm..I HEART Maxis!!! :D
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:10 PM
maybe not a stuff pack or an expansion... but something new altogether. bigger than a stuff pack, smaller than an expansion? i dunno. im just randomly thinking here.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:11 PM
To the person who said they think it's for console, I went to this site myself and I seem to remember that this was a subcategory for pc/mac. So I do not think it's a console game, or a stand alone game. Just because it doesn't have "Stuff" at the end doesn't mean it's not a stuff pack either.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simaster8
This must be story-mode gameplay, just like the consoles?

You mean a story-mod thing for the pc? That would be cool, but only if it is a big story and contains a story creator, so everyone could create his/her own story and share it with everyone else...
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:40 PM
I could really go for lots of new animations.....

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 6:15 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I love the whole "legacy" aspect of the sims, so any pack revolving around that I think would be fun.
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:49 PM
If Maxis keeps this up, all the money I saved for a new pc will be sent on EPs and Stuff Packs for the Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 9:09 PM
My guess is it will be something like the story mode in playstation sims2 where you had to follow tasks e.t.c. which i admit i 'd like .Something for those that get bored of the free game play and want something more challenging! Maybe it'll even have difficulty levels.But that's just a guess.

You will find my older and newest creations here
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 9:53 PM
Isn't that how we found out about Seasons before Pets was out? sheesh, EA, get with the program!

And while you're at it, fix the friggan customer service link on your store page- it leads nowhere!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hunter240x
Since the Maxoid said "This GAME..." it makes it sound like it's a stand-alone game (not an EP or SP). So it could be for console or handheld only. My best guess would be that TS2 is finally entering the next-gen systems (considering all three will finally be out soon) and instead of just re-releasing a next-gen verison of (the current gen) TS2, they are making a new TS2 spin-off such as "Get A Life" And since the title is "Life Stories" it sounds like it will have aging in it. That's just a guess though.

This sounds like the most likely explanation, since on the console games the story-modes were called "Get a Life" and this could be a new title for that game. Unfortunately, though, the screenshot on the homepage does show the game as listed under PC/Mac, so it can't be a console game! I'm puzzled...

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:19 AM
The won't for sure keep issuing out Stuff Packs left and right though. There are only three of them out so far. I think that the next two will be In Season & then the Life Stories pack. Or maybe they'll announce a stuff pack in between only a month before it hits stores like Glamour Life. I love the Sims 2 & I can't wait to learn more about the upcoming expansion packs
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly
This sounds like the most likely explanation, since on the console games the story-modes were called "Get a Life" and this could be a new title for that game. Unfortunately, though, the screenshot on the homepage does show the game as listed under PC/Mac, so it can't be a console game! I'm puzzled...

hmm... I didn't catch that. I still have that gut feeling though that it will be a stand-alone game just based off of what the Maxiod said. So maybe it will be a computer version of a "Get a life" type game with TS2's aging/genetics etc....? lol I'm probably wrong
Scholar
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 6:11 AM
Look! I'm buring my money!

And having so much fun!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Looks like they just changed the name for "Get a Life"
Whatever that is.

Edit:
Weird how that thing has this Life game and yet, not Pets or Seasons/.....???? :eviltongu

I wonder if someone was updating it for Pets and put that up instead, since it was on their mind at the time?

I know I've done that, anyway. :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 4:06 AM
I'm just getting more and more confused lol. There's In Season to think about, then whether Life Stories is the same thing as Get A Life, when each one will be released, when we will get more info, whether one will be an EP or a SP.... My poor little brain can't handle all this information, and (for now) unanswerable questions. :gonemad:

My name is Loren.
#25 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 4:55 PM
Hey, I'm new here, but here are some of my theories... Maxis has put in pamphlets into most of the sims games... Uni had Nightlife, Nightlife has OFB, OFB had Family Fun, Glamour had Pets, Pets had seasons.... Perhaps something of that sort will happen with Happy Holiday... After all, Glamour did have a pamphlet advertising pets, despite fact we already knew about it... You never know what can happen in this world. Expect the unexpected. Anyway, that's my theory.
Page 1 of 4