Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 12:57 AM
Default A couple issues about Dragon Valley
I'm not even sure if I should post this in Help section yet...

My Dragon Valley doesn't seem to work right for some reason. I didn't know what happened at all. I noticed it wasn't working a week ago when I bought an egg & it won't hatch. I've read about redownloading the content a couple of times, it didn't work because the Sims3 Launcher said it's already been installed. I've read about using Store Fixes, and I found out there are 2 Store Fixes, the NT & the other one that is violate the TOS. The NT didn't work, but the other 1 added lots of items to my game so I didn't use any of them because I was afraid it could corrupt the game. I read about removing stuff from DCcache & DCbackup except the ccmerged in the DCcache. It did solved my problem, but when I reload the save, it said something is missing. The only thing I notice is that all CAS items from Dragon Valley has a copy of itself, but the copied stuff will make sims body parts invisible.

Is there some sort of softwares to help detecting what are the missing contents in a save? Last time I tried to copy paste all the backups CC Magic makes & I end up with a copy of everything but CC Magic doesn't show any of the replicated files.
I have CC Magic. I tried to check there but I got "Page not found" when I click on the support link.
Just to be clear, I bought Dragon Valley from the Sims 3 store.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:56 AM
Quote:
I've read about redownloading the content a couple of times, it didn't work because the Sims3 Launcher said it's already been installed.

Just making sure, you did uninstall it first before you tried reinstalling?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
Just making sure, you did uninstall it first before you tried reinstalling?

It didn't say I have to uninstall it first, but I'll do that now to see if anything changes.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 9:35 AM
If I were you I'd start a fresh user folder first, before fiddling with my existing one.
- Either rename the The Sims folder or move it out of the Documents\Electronic Arts folder and place it on your Desktop.
- Open the Launcher. This will create a new The Sims folder
- Install only Dragon Valley there and start a test game in Dragon Valley. If everything behaves nicely in that one then you've got a problem somewhere in your old folder - ccmerged might be broken, DCCaches might be broken or some mod might conflict. If you've got the problems in that new folder, too, then your Dragon Valley download is broken.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
If I were you I'd start a fresh user folder first, before fiddling with my existing one.
- Either rename the The Sims folder or move it out of the Documents\Electronic Arts folder and place it on your Desktop.
- Open the Launcher. This will create a new The Sims folder
- Install only Dragon Valley there and start a test game in Dragon Valley. If everything behaves nicely in that one then you've got a problem somewhere in your old folder - ccmerged might be broken, DCCaches might be broken or some mod might conflict. If you've got the problems in that new folder, too, then your Dragon Valley download is broken.

Okay, the dragon eggs work now, then I reloaded the old save & it said something is missing. So I tried to copy old stuff in DCCache with the new 1 just to see if it works. There's no "Something is missing" pop up anymore, but I see a copy of everything in buy mode. The dragon eggs still works, though. So, will this cause any real problems?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 9:37 PM
Seems that you messed up your DCCache by installing DV twice into an existing file. Well, I don't know whether it will cause problems, but personally I wouldn't trust that situation and go the painful route of deleting all DCCache files, all DCBackup files (including the ccmerged) and reinstall ALL sims3packs that I have. (Or rather install all my other sims3packs into the working DCCache folder from my test install in that fresh folder and transfer everything else - saves, mods etc. - into the new folder.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Seems that you messed up your DCCache by installing DV twice into an existing file. Well, I don't know whether it will cause problems, but personally I wouldn't trust that situation and go the painful route of deleting all DCCache files, all DCBackup files (including the ccmerged) and reinstall ALL sims3packs that I have. (Or rather install all my other sims3packs into the working DCCache folder from my test install in that fresh folder and transfer everything else - saves, mods etc. - into the new folder.)

Hmm... I have CC Magic, is there anything I could do with that? Or reinstalling is the only way? I still have a back up, I can still replace them.