Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 1:51 PM
Default PLEASE HELP - downloaded lots wont show up in CI
Hi, I am having some problems deleting a lot from my game threw the CI and could really use some help.

I am new to using the CI so im not really sure what im doing. I have downloaded items from the sims 2 exchange for a while now and have never had any problems but I recently downloaded a lot from the sims 2 exchange which must have a problem with it as ever since downloading it my game crashes every time I try to load it and so I cannot open the game to delete the lot from my lot bin. In order to try to fix the problem I downloaded the CI. However, while I can see some custom content such as terrain types, make-up ect, I cannot find any downloaded lots in my CI, meaning I can't delete the lot which is causing mygame problems.

Does anyone know how i can find the lot in order to delete it form my game and let my game run again?

I would really appreciate help as im missing my sims
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 4:49 PM
Run the Clean Installer. Select the LotCatalog from the drop down menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Run the Clean Installer. Select the LotCatalog from the drop down menu.

I tried that but my downloaded lots aren't there, only the maxis created lots that are already pre-loaded on the game when you first install it.
Site Helper
#4 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:24 PM
Are you using a standard save game path, or are you using something like the AnyGameStarter which creates an alternate save game path?

You could try choosing Browse... and then navigating to your LotCatalog folder. That's where all of the lot bin lots are stored.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:01 AM
As far as I am aware I am saving the game noramally. I tried using the browse option from the drop down menu and while there are a few of my downloaded lots there not all of them are there, and not the one I am looking for which is crashing my game. Id there anywhere else I should try looking?
Site Helper
#6 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:14 AM
I honestly know of no other location. The LotCatalog should contain all of the lots in the lot bin.

Can you count the number of files in the LotCatalog folder? Is that the number of lots that show up in the Clean Installer? If not, perhaps you could zip up and attach your LotCatalog and I'll see why the Clean Installer isn't able to recognize all of the lots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:54 PM
I can now see a lot of my downloaded lots in the LotCatalog file. Almost all of them are there, even ones that I have downloaded after that particular lot that I believe has crashed my game, but I cannot find that lot itself. I have around 100 downloaded lots, do you think that my game may be crashing because I have too many downloads rather than the problem being that lot? Or should the game be able to handle that many downloads?
Site Helper
#8 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 12th Jun 2012 at 7:10 PM. Reason: fix typo
I've never seen a game crash because of the number of lots in the Lot Bin, but I suppose that it's possible.

You could try moving your LotCatalog to your desktop, then slowly moving the lots back in to your save game. That would tell you whether the sheer number of lots is causing a problem. If you count the number of lots that you add, you should be able to tell whether all of the newly added lots are showing up in your lot catalog, which might help you to find the bad lot.

Also, if you remember the order that you added the lots, then you should be able to find the bad lot by file name. The lots should be numbered in the order that they were added. The Clean Installer will display the file name, so you can sort the list by filename (click on the column title to sort a column).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 12:14 AM
I had a look in my LotCatalog and the downloaded lots in there, under the "date modified" section it only has dates of 2005,2006 and 2011. It doesnt have any dates for 2012 :/ the file names are not the normal names though, they have numbers instead so I dont know which lot each one is and if the downloaded lot that has the problem is ther or not... In the CI the downloaded lots have saved under their correct names and all my recently downloaded lots are there but not the particular lot which is causing problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 12:23 AM
I removed the LotCatalog folder from my sims 2 floder and put it on my desktop then tried to run the game without the LotCatalog and it still crashed when loading.
Site Helper
#11 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 1:17 AM
If you moved the LotCatalog folder, then we can rule that out as the cause of the crash.

I'd like to suggest that you try deleting your caches next:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files

If that doesn't help, then you should go through the Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ. You should also give us your Game_Help:System_Specswiki.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 12:28 PM
I tried the fisrt link you sent me and it crashed it first then got a bit further the next time then crashed then got a bit further again and crashed but i think its working now! Thank you so much for your help, I really really appreciate your time and effort. If it stops working again I will try the next two links you sent and if not I will get back to you threw this page but lets hope I dont have to. Thank you again!!