Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:32 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:28 PM.
Recolour Templates for SURFACES
Cheap Kitchen Counters

Just thought I would add this here, I made it yesterday, and I thought someone may find it usefull,
Annie -x-
Screenshots
24 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:28 PM.
Quaint End Table

I know this is only a small item and most of it is self explanitory, but i couldn't figure out some of the bits so i mapped it out.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:08 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:29 PM.
'Cornerstone' End Table

You can get the Cornerstone End Table Template at Simtastic (EXTERNAL LINK)
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:13 PM.
CounterCulture Counters (Dirt, Tile Grid)

CAUTION:
I think the UV Mapping changed on the Counter Culture countertops with Pets. I'm not sure, but when I use a tile I made using this grid it no longer matches up properly.

I'll investigate it more later.
Sorry -
DremeMynd (3/10/2007)

Dirt Mask

I created this to make my own recolors easier. It's not exactly like the Maxis "dirty" look, but it's very similar.

Basically, it's the dirt without the cabinet. It has a transparent background so you can paste it over your nice clean recolor for the dirty texture.

I hope this helps people make Counter Culture recolors more easily, I know I felt I needed it, since I want to make several.

Tile Grid Template

I created this after creating and posting my first tile recolor. After playing with it a little more, it was really bothering me. So... This is what I ended up with.

Be careful when using it, the rows are NOT the same width. It was necessary to tweak the row width in order for the tiles to fit the counters properly.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DirtyMask.rar (516.5 KB, 671 downloads)
File Type: rar  grid.rar (94.2 KB, 307 downloads)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:38 PM
Default Layered .psd for Vintage Retro tabletop
Not much to write home about, but perhaps it's still useful for someone. This is a psd file with the following layers:

-- Sides (black overlay, from the Maxian textures)
-- Texture overlay (basically just noise, from Maxian NuMica texture)
-- Hue+Saturation for the texture (so that it doesn't kill the underlying colour)
-- Background

So all you need to do for a plain recolour is bucketfill the background.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tablediningdiner_top_layers.psd.zip (123.9 KB, 137 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th May 2008 at 5:56 AM
After hacking up DremeMynd's dirty mask for my last project, I decided to make my own for the next. Here is a dirty mask in png format for the Surfaco counters included with the Kitchen & Bath stuff pack. It's not quite as detailed as DremeMynd's, but it works good enough!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Surfaco dirty-mask.zip (100.2 KB, 265 downloads) - View custom content

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 1:53 AM
Here are some more dirty state .png's for K&B stuff: the SuperJet Shower and Fire 'Em Up Stove.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SuperJetShower_DirtyMask.zip (202.1 KB, 182 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Fire 'Em Up Stove dirty state.zip (257.8 KB, 171 downloads) - View custom content

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.