Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 12:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default How do I get my sims games saved when i restore my computer?
my computer has had a virus for a while and i acidently signed out of orgin and cant back in because its not protected and i dont get to put in my password before like a virus thing pops up and x's out my sign in. I want to just clear the computer so i can get rid of the virus but i dont want to lose my saves. I dont think i can get to the sims 3 files because the computer place in my case says SANDERS-PC is broken and nothing pops up. Does anyone have a way i can keep my games and get rid of the virus without clearing my computer data? If not i could try to get my brother over to do it...
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 4:13 AM
If you can't get into Documents, you're probably sunk. The files you want to keep would all be in there. If you can get into Documents, it would be the same as making a backup and restoring it later.

Even if you can, you're going to want to be sure they are not corrupted by or hosting the virus before you put them into a cleaned computer. Be sure to check them with your anti-virus before restoring them.

edit: here is the instruction page for Sims 3 Backups
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:TS3_Backups

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 7:14 AM
You are doing good in not signing in to Origin. I would avoid signing in to anything else as well, on this computer.

Some steps to run and see if the infection goes away or at least becomes manageable enough to get what you want:

1. Go to Control Panel / Programs and Features, see if there's anything that doesn't belong (that you didn't knowingly install, and isn't vital to your computer e.g. graphics drivers). If there is, remove it. If you can't remove it, proceed to step 2.

2. Hit Win+R, then type msconfig (see attached screenshot). Go to the Startup entry (these are the programs that load when you start your computer) and look around. The items will have descriptions to the right. Again, check to see what's out of the ordinary, and uncheck the items that look suspicious (i.e. jumbled messes of numbers and letters, ad-like names). Make sure you DO NOT uncheck the entry for the operating system, or you will brick your computer.
Whenever I clean someone's computer, or they complain about it being "slow", this is the first step I take.

3. Scan your computer with these (they are all free):
Avast Antivirus
MalwareBytes
Hitman Pro
These are the basic ones I use, maybe others can recommend more. Let them clean your computer.

4. If this fails, Google your problem. Seriously. It helps in 90% of cases. "can't open executables virus" or "message that pops up due to virus".
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
You are doing good in not signing in to Origin. I would avoid signing in to anything else as well, on this computer.

Some steps to run and see if the infection goes away or at least becomes manageable enough to get what you want:

1. Go to Control Panel / Programs and Features, see if there's anything that doesn't belong (that you didn't knowingly install, and isn't vital to your computer e.g. graphics drivers). If there is, remove it. If you can't remove it, proceed to step 2.

2. Hit Win+R, then type msconfig (see attached screenshot). Go to the Startup entry (these are the programs that load when you start your computer) and look around. The items will have descriptions to the right. Again, check to see what's out of the ordinary, and uncheck the items that look suspicious (i.e. jumbled messes of numbers and letters, ad-like names). Make sure you DO NOT uncheck the entry for the operating system, or you will brick your computer.
Whenever I clean someone's computer, or they complain about it being "slow", this is the first step I take.

3. Scan your computer with these (they are all free):
Avast Antivirus
MalwareBytes
Hitman Pro
These are the basic ones I use, maybe others can recommend more. Let them clean your computer.

4. If this fails, Google your problem. Seriously. It helps in 90% of cases. "can't open executables virus" or "message that pops up due to virus".

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i understand half out that lmao because im only 12 um i will try though thank you
because its killing me not to play sims.

Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shygirlorkerri
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i understand half out that lmao because im only 12 um i will try though thank you
because its killing me not to play sims.

Get someone else, someone more knowledgeable, to do it for you then Good luck!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Get someone else, someone more knowledgeable, to do it for you then Good luck!
i did what you told me my orgin and launcher are free of ads from the virus sadly my mc is broken. I reinstalled it but still wont work but i will work tht out somewhere else this is modthesims not modtheminecraft lmao